You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Best Rate-Book From $169
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
“.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

when entering the diplomat you can clearly see it is a very beautiful hotel. the lobby will take your breath away. although for what you're paying you're not getting what you want in return. the cold water doesn't work. the toliet runs hot water, the cold faucets run hot water and it's very inconvenient when ur are sunburned trying to take a shower. most of the male workers are rude, the drinks and food are heavily overpriced, and they have the dirtiest ice machines, the ice is cloudy with specks of dirt in it & most of the people from my party ended up with upset stomachs , I'm sorry but you just expect more out of a 4 star hotel; looks aren't everything. I was there for a wedding and they didn't even put us all in the same wing. the outdoor bar closes at 9 pm on Friday and they hardly ID. there's no life guard for the pool and the building is so tall the sun is gone from the pool by 3 pm. it's also very annoying when entering the pool from the hotel lobby and being asked to see your room key repeatadly as if you're a stranger same when entering from the beach, who brings their room key to the beach with them when they have all their things at the pool, seems like a very good way to lose your room key. hardly any music is played at the pool and they discourage you from playing your own music. the inside of the pool walls has a thin layer of dirt that would stick to your bathing suits. the beach is covered in seaweed and very short in width. there isn't much in walking distance or much to do at the hotel either. very boring. overall most of the people in my group were unsatisfied & disappointed.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Indonesian first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Unfortunately I didn't have all that much time at the resort, but the time I spent there was amazing. I think I spent the first fifteen minutes on the balcony on the 35th floor. Simply amazing.

I arrived and received immediate attention from the valet guy. My bags were in the lobby at no time. Checking in didn't take long and getting to the room was easy. Although I always seem to get a room furtherst away from the elevator. But if the 'award' for that is a view like the one from my room it's totally worth. Usually I am not that amazed by ocean views as I see the ocean every day at home. But having a clear view all the way down to South Beach and to see the giant cruise ships passing by as the sun set on the other side of the hotel was priceless.

I would have loved to spend another couple of days at the resort. Having been to South Beach a couple of times I find the area around The Diplomat is not as lively. But it's not that bad. If I want to go out I can find out to get to the right place. I would much rather stay in a quiet neighborhood and find the noise somewhere else. This time I had a business meeting at Gulfstream Park which is a short drive away.

In general I simply love this resort. I don't have anything bad to say about it. It took my breath away.

Room Tip: Join the loyalty club and receive free wifi. Make sure to go for the ocean view rooms
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We spent a week there and had a nice ocean view room. Staff was great. Hotel needs some updates. I hear those updates are coming in the next 12 months. Overall a very nice place to stay. Self parking across the street was a pricey at $25 per night. Valet service was even more pricey.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We decided to take a break from family over Memorial Day weekend and chose this hotel. First, Patrick Goad, who was working the check in desk, treated us like royalty and was very accommodating helping us get our phones charged (long story). We checked into our room which was first class and had the most amazing view of the ocean. Then we went out to the pool that night which was heated and immaculate. We got back to our room and received a snack basket for our children from Patrick. I'm a Hilton Honors member and this kind of special treatment that doesn't cost a lot of money but goes a long way will keep me loyal to Hilton.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Woodstock, Ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for our 30th anniversary. We arrived for check in in our own car and the immediate impression is to quickly unload and quickly remove your car. We live in Atlanta and understand the importance of move and move fast. But this is a vacation! Check in was steamlined. Patricia was warm and welcoming. She was very kind and professional. I went to the room with the waiting bellman before my husband could return from the parking garage. Our room was very lovely and clean. The bellman was kind and helpful. My husband arrived some 15 minutes later to tell me how difficult the parking entry was. We unpacked and then left to drive around the area. Leaving the parking garage was not easy. We observed others having difficulty using their keycard as instructed to exit. We finally paid with credit card to leave. We brought this up at the front desk and were issued new key cards. They didn't work either. We explained our frustation to Joseph at the desk. He was very professional and helpful. He helped to resolve our unfortunate experience. Please remedy the self parking headaches. It appeared to be a problem for others as well. The Diplomat is a very modern, beautiful and busy hotel. The lobby feels like Grand Central Staion in New York. Lots of business travelers coming and going. The Convention Center is adjacent to the hotel. There was an out-door concert there for a private group. The music was loud and unavoidable. We could not enjoy the lovely evening outside. The staff was great! The room was beautiful, though smaller than the other Hilton properties. Overall we did not enjoy our stay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

This was our second year in a row at the Diplomat. What a great hotel we love it!!! Super clean room. The beach was also a great bonus. The lobster rolls at the lobby bar are the best!!! We will be back again

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Park Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I visit the Diplomat every year during Memorial Day weekend. This year the beach service has improved significantly thanks to the staff at the beach, one specifically, Trevoy Shaw. Each day he made sure we had everything we needed without having to ask. This is what I call excellent service! Thank you Trevoy!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!