The Diplomat is a gorgeous hotel on a beautiful beach. The rooms were standard size, but very nicely appointed. The food at the cabana is delicious, albeit overpriced...but that comes with the territory at a fancy hotel. That's where the positive experience ends.
My friends and I were on a girls trip and stayed at The Diplomat. We checked in immediately upon arrival AFTER waiting 40 minutes behind only 3 other groups checking in line. The desk manager checked us in and was initiallly unapologetic. Ultimately, he let us check in early to a clean room as his "make nice" for us.
We opened the door to our room and it hadn't been cleaned from the previous occupants. This wasn't a huge deal because we could change our clothes and keep our stuff in a friend's room. When we tried again at 4:00, the beds had been made, but we walked in on hotel staff steam cleaning our carpet. The rooom was clean, but the entire content of the mini-bar was on the top of the dresser. He excused himself and we began unpacking. Within minutes, another housekeeper let herself in WITHOUT KNOCKING to return the contents of the mini-bar to the inside of the mini-bar. When she saw us, she apologized and told us she'd come back later. She didn't.
She didn't return until the next day after noon. After a fun day at the beach and an awesome dinner with our group, we girls were going to have a "pajama party" in another gal's room. Unfortunately, our 2 room keys no longeer worked. We were locked out of our room. After going downstairs twice for 2 new keys each time, the evening manager brought 2 new keys upstairs. NONE of the SIX keys the front desk made worked. (point: she didn't test the keys before getting us from our friend's room) She called to the security officers. It took another 10 minutes before he came upstairs. His master key didn't work. The manager determined that the lock's battery was out. The night manager then called for an engineer. She was not only completely unapologetic but actually blamed us for somehow annoying her and her staff because our keys didn't work. (Have I mentioned that this all began at midnight and we had to wake up at 5 for an early plane ride home?) She didn't know if the man approaching us was the engineer and ASKED HIM IF HE WAS THE ENGINEER. How does a big fancy hotel night manager not know her staff...or at least recognize his uniform?? After another 20 minutes he was able to get us into our room. In all, it took over an hour to get us in our room and we didn't get to sleep until 1:30 a.m. (Again, we were waking at 5:00 to catch an early flight. Why?? Because we are moms and it was Mother's Day. We wanted to be with our families. Did I mention that I am the mom of a child on the Autism Spectrum? This was hardly a relaxing end to a relaxing weekend.)
In all, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I care about. Or anyone else either. Please don't stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diplomat Resort & Spa, part of Curio - A Collection by Hilton is an elegant retreat right on the beach. Whether staying on pleasure or business this pristine Hollywood Beach Florida hotel and resort is sure to delight. Rooms are spacious with gorgeous views of the ocean and pools. The infinity pool is perfect for families or couples and our attentive staff will deliver refreshments to you there or at the lagoon pool below. The beach is only steps away and Splash restaurant will pack food and drinks for you to take to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort