“Beautiful hotel EXTREMELY POORLY RUN” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Best Rate-Book From $169
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Elkridge, Maryland
“Beautiful hotel EXTREMELY POORLY RUN”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Diplomat is a gorgeous hotel on a beautiful beach. The rooms were standard size, but very nicely appointed. The food at the cabana is delicious, albeit overpriced...but that comes with the territory at a fancy hotel. That's where the positive experience ends.

My friends and I were on a girls trip and stayed at The Diplomat. We checked in immediately upon arrival AFTER waiting 40 minutes behind only 3 other groups checking in line. The desk manager checked us in and was initiallly unapologetic. Ultimately, he let us check in early to a clean room as his "make nice" for us.

We opened the door to our room and it hadn't been cleaned from the previous occupants. This wasn't a huge deal because we could change our clothes and keep our stuff in a friend's room. When we tried again at 4:00, the beds had been made, but we walked in on hotel staff steam cleaning our carpet. The rooom was clean, but the entire content of the mini-bar was on the top of the dresser. He excused himself and we began unpacking. Within minutes, another housekeeper let herself in WITHOUT KNOCKING to return the contents of the mini-bar to the inside of the mini-bar. When she saw us, she apologized and told us she'd come back later. She didn't.

She didn't return until the next day after noon. After a fun day at the beach and an awesome dinner with our group, we girls were going to have a "pajama party" in another gal's room. Unfortunately, our 2 room keys no longeer worked. We were locked out of our room. After going downstairs twice for 2 new keys each time, the evening manager brought 2 new keys upstairs. NONE of the SIX keys the front desk made worked. (point: she didn't test the keys before getting us from our friend's room) She called to the security officers. It took another 10 minutes before he came upstairs. His master key didn't work. The manager determined that the lock's battery was out. The night manager then called for an engineer. She was not only completely unapologetic but actually blamed us for somehow annoying her and her staff because our keys didn't work. (Have I mentioned that this all began at midnight and we had to wake up at 5 for an early plane ride home?) She didn't know if the man approaching us was the engineer and ASKED HIM IF HE WAS THE ENGINEER. How does a big fancy hotel night manager not know her staff...or at least recognize his uniform?? After another 20 minutes he was able to get us into our room. In all, it took over an hour to get us in our room and we didn't get to sleep until 1:30 a.m. (Again, we were waking at 5:00 to catch an early flight. Why?? Because we are moms and it was Mother's Day. We wanted to be with our families. Did I mention that I am the mom of a child on the Autism Spectrum? This was hardly a relaxing end to a relaxing weekend.)

In all, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I care about. Or anyone else either. Please don't stay there.

Room Tip: Beach View...but don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Christopher Avery from the Concierge Desk did a great job addressing my requests. Was in a room on the lower floors with out A view. I asked and he delivered. From the fourth floor to the 34th floor with a phenomenal view to their beautiful property and beach. Thank you CHRISTOPHER for taking care of me and making me feel like a VIP.

I would also like to add that the actual property and overall service was lovely.

Stayed May 2015
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I must begin by thanking Samantha at the front desk who repeatedly went above and beyond to make this stay perfect. We booked a room for three nights and had a baby shower planned during one of the days. I previously booked an upgrade to a corner suite, which was beautiful. However, a day before checking in, I was searching Trip Advisor and noticed that when this property was a Westin, it had something called a Governor's Suite. I told Samantha how I would love to surprise my wife with that room for her shower if it still existed, and she told me she would do everything in her power. I believed her. The look on her face told me she cared about us and wanted to help me make this a special weekend for my wife. A short time later, thanks to Samantha and manager Patrick, we were able to get into the Governor's Suite, which is a massive room with a beautiful view of the ocean, intercostal and city, has a large wrap-around terrace outside a large master bedroom, a huge Jacuzzi tub, a rain shower, a separate den, a separate guest bathroom, a kitchen, and a large dining and family room. On top of that, Samantha daily sent us personalized, hand-written best wishes notes with lovely sayings along with a treat of the day - from a basket of goodies to chocolate dipped strawberries and truffles. Samantha and Patrick even stopped by during the shower to make sure we had everything we needed. Anytime we asked for anything - in-room dining, bellhops to transport decorations and gifts back and forth, valet service, and even a late check-out - it was provided without hesitation and to perfection. I am a Hilton Honors Gold member and travel quite a bit for both business and pleasure. While I am used to tremendous service from Hilton branded properties, I've never before experienced such a personal touch as I did from Samantha and Patrick. Both Samantha and Patrick made it their personal focus to make sure our stay was perfect. Not to mention the incredible pool right on the beach, terrific restaurants, and very impressive lobby. Next time, we will have to try out the spa. What an amazing place to stay for business, for a couples' weekend, for a family trip, or just a staycation if you're in the area. Do not hesitate to book here, and if you get to meet Samantha and Patrick, lucky you! Thank you Samantha, thank you Patrick, and thank you Diplomat Resort.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Curitiba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very good hotel in Fort Lauderdale. In front of the beach. It is not so far from airports. There is no great places to visit near the hotel. Staying there is not cheap, but it is a nice place to stay some days.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Glenshaw, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

when the taxi arrived, I was taken by the immense size of the facility, however when I moved through the registration process it was smooth and personal.
The service in the cafe was attentive and my meal very enjoyable. The room was very comfortable and my only hesitation in giving an excellent rating was that my view was not ocean front and I was told that would not be possible.
i stayed at the diplomat as during a large business mtg and the staff was very friendly and attentive in every interaction. Great night's sleep

Room Tip: ask for an oceanview!!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A weekend getaway at the Hilton Diplomat was fantastic. Staff, service, food, room, everything was really good. The best blueberry pancakes in the world are served in the hotel restaurant! A short drive to many nice restaurants if you want to get off property. South Beach only a 30 minute drive. Pool/beach staff very accommodating and polite. Front Desk super nice. Housekeeping staff did a great job.
I can't wait to go back.....

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Swanton, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed for a conference for two nights. Room was beautiful, and view was stunning. Service in the restaurant was fair, though conference food was quite good. Front desk reception was good though there were delays in getting into the room.
The pools were very interesting with one built under the other and there was a window through the bottom of the upper pool looking down to the lower pool. Great for family vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view in a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!