You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Spring Getaways From $199
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Awesome Resort!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here with Interim Health and my stay was fantastic! Regina from Doubletree is now at this Hilton. I can't express my joy in seeing this wonderful sight at check in. Its always sour walking through Doubletree lobby and no one acknowledges you by name! At check-in the line here was ridiculously long and she walked my keys over to me. I gotta tell you I was very pleased she remembered me! That means a lot to a frequent traveler. My wife is sad she didn't tag along on my business trip now. She loves Regina because thinks of everything. She even sent me a pair of dress socks as a gag joke with a note saying she remembered I always forgot them!

Bonus : The room was decent and the food and drinks at Diplomat Prime and Splash is simply the best! Thank you Regina and the Diplomat.
See you again with Rathma and Sandeep really soon.

Room Tip: Ocean view or city view can't go wrong
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed in room 1046. We had an intercostal waterway view. (If you looked way way to the right ). Our room and stay was very nice. The hotel was very busy! The housekeeper Myrtha was wonderful ! The hotel is beautiful and close to the Hollywood beach Boardwalk. The trolley is a great way to get around and is only a buck a ride. Overall we enjoyed the stay very much!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Delray Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was supposed to be a terrific celebratory visit to a local, iconic resort. However, it was a few days of successive disappointments. The rooms are beautiful and the ocean side balcony views are exceptional. If I never left the room, things might have been better. The visit was also during the transition from Westin to Hilton and it was not going well for some of the staff. Hilton Diamond amenities were not provided, the restaurants did not live up to the price point and some of the finishes are worn and look old. The TV did not work, not a big deal but was just another detail that you don't expect when paying as much as we did for the stay. Internet service was poor as well. The pool areas are congested and tend to be very loud. What is left of the beach is crowded. The pace lacks the beach resort feel that I was seeking and could not replace it with an upscale urban experience.

For the same price, resorts in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are a much better value and a lot more fun plus they have other restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying here
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Smyrna, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Diplomat Resort has a beautiful location in Hollywood Beach just down from the boardwalk. The view from the hotel lobby is gorgeous, looking out to the pools and ocean. There are two pools, an infinity and a long 80ish yard pool that travels under a bridge. The outdoor restaurant Splash has excellent food and there is a Fresh snack bar with healthy and tasty choices.

The downside: (you were waiting for this right?) Terrible internet service, very spotty and a charge of almost $13.00 a day! Overcharging for spa services, as much as $80.000. (Don't use a credit card in there! No water pitchers filled with fruit or even water in the lobby. Come on Diplomat, look around at the competition. A really funky set of sliding doors next to the bathtub that open into the room so you can have a view of....the condos and hotel next to the Diplomat. extremely crowded lobby during conventions.

It's just another aging "grand dame".

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Full disclosure, I was visiting a friend who was in town for a big conference (I live locally so drove to see her). I was there to relax during the day while she was at her conference. But getting from the elevator to the pool is troublesome as you have to get through the big lobby bar full of conference/business guests. I don't normally care what others think, but clunking thru the lobby in my beach gear with my chair and beach bag, while people are dressed in business attire and staring strangely was a bit odd and awkward.

The hotel is extremely expensive. Stupidly so for Florida, in my opinion. I live in Florida, and often visit resorts on the Gulf coast. They are expensive, but nothing like the Diplomat. I went to the pool bar one afternoon for a happy hour drink and maybe some food. I ordered one vodka/soda (Absolut) and since they add 18% gratuity on every check, it cost me $14.88. For ONE drink! I got a food menu, they had maybe 6 items on it, and everything was over $15 and it was pub grub. I can't justify a $15 salad no matter how much money I make.

As other reviewers mentioned, there is no place close that you can walk to for cheaper options. That annoys me if I'm staying at a hotel. I had a car since I'm local, so I did have options. But a visitor flying into town won't have that option.

On a positively note (I do hate being a downer when I review places), the staff was lovely. They are very accommodating and helpful.

I did order an expensive salad at Rivals one night and it was very good (but, can you mess up a salad)?

The view on the ocean side is amazing, but if you have height issues, stay on lower floors. We were on 18th floor and I got queasy on the balcony (and I don't have height issues normally). The balconies have clear glass walls, very un-nerving.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed with my hubby on 4/25 to celebrate our anniversary. My husband told Danielle at the front desk and she sent us a handwritten card and strawberries. Such a nice touch. Danielle took great care of us. The room had a great view of city, intercoms talk and ocean. We hung out at the beach and pool before checking out. Will go back!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed in the hotel for work so really didn't use a lot of the amenities except the superb gym. Great equipment, well air conditioned and plenty of room. The staff were very helpful but one stood out. Tracy who is the person who welcomes you at the door is fantastic, great warm smile and super helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!