“Thousands of Dollars of So So” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Spring Getaways From $199
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Delray Beach, Florida
“Thousands of Dollars of So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was supposed to be a terrific celebratory visit to a local, iconic resort. However, it was a few days of successive disappointments. The rooms are beautiful and the ocean side balcony views are exceptional. If I never left the room, things might have been better. The visit was also during the transition from Westin to Hilton and it was not going well for some of the staff. Hilton Diamond amenities were not provided, the restaurants did not live up to the price point and some of the finishes are worn and look old. The TV did not work, not a big deal but was just another detail that you don't expect when paying as much as we did for the stay. Internet service was poor as well. The pool areas are congested and tend to be very loud. What is left of the beach is crowded. The pace lacks the beach resort feel that I was seeking and could not replace it with an upscale urban experience.

For the same price, resorts in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are a much better value and a lot more fun plus they have other restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying here
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Indonesian first
Smyrna, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Diplomat Resort has a beautiful location in Hollywood Beach just down from the boardwalk. The view from the hotel lobby is gorgeous, looking out to the pools and ocean. There are two pools, an infinity and a long 80ish yard pool that travels under a bridge. The outdoor restaurant Splash has excellent food and there is a Fresh snack bar with healthy and tasty choices.

The downside: (you were waiting for this right?) Terrible internet service, very spotty and a charge of almost $13.00 a day! Overcharging for spa services, as much as $80.000. (Don't use a credit card in there! No water pitchers filled with fruit or even water in the lobby. Come on Diplomat, look around at the competition. A really funky set of sliding doors next to the bathtub that open into the room so you can have a view of....the condos and hotel next to the Diplomat. extremely crowded lobby during conventions.

It's just another aging "grand dame".

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Full disclosure, I was visiting a friend who was in town for a big conference (I live locally so drove to see her). I was there to relax during the day while she was at her conference. But getting from the elevator to the pool is troublesome as you have to get through the big lobby bar full of conference/business guests. I don't normally care what others think, but clunking thru the lobby in my beach gear with my chair and beach bag, while people are dressed in business attire and staring strangely was a bit odd and awkward.

The hotel is extremely expensive. Stupidly so for Florida, in my opinion. I live in Florida, and often visit resorts on the Gulf coast. They are expensive, but nothing like the Diplomat. I went to the pool bar one afternoon for a happy hour drink and maybe some food. I ordered one vodka/soda (Absolut) and since they add 18% gratuity on every check, it cost me $14.88. For ONE drink! I got a food menu, they had maybe 6 items on it, and everything was over $15 and it was pub grub. I can't justify a $15 salad no matter how much money I make.

As other reviewers mentioned, there is no place close that you can walk to for cheaper options. That annoys me if I'm staying at a hotel. I had a car since I'm local, so I did have options. But a visitor flying into town won't have that option.

On a positively note (I do hate being a downer when I review places), the staff was lovely. They are very accommodating and helpful.

I did order an expensive salad at Rivals one night and it was very good (but, can you mess up a salad)?

The view on the ocean side is amazing, but if you have height issues, stay on lower floors. We were on 18th floor and I got queasy on the balcony (and I don't have height issues normally). The balconies have clear glass walls, very un-nerving.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed with my hubby on 4/25 to celebrate our anniversary. My husband told Danielle at the front desk and she sent us a handwritten card and strawberries. Such a nice touch. Danielle took great care of us. The room had a great view of city, intercoms talk and ocean. We hung out at the beach and pool before checking out. Will go back!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed in the hotel for work so really didn't use a lot of the amenities except the superb gym. Great equipment, well air conditioned and plenty of room. The staff were very helpful but one stood out. Tracy who is the person who welcomes you at the door is fantastic, great warm smile and super helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

THIS HOTEL HAS CHANGED TO A HILTON.ON FUTURE BOOKING I WOULD INQUIRE ON ANY CONSTRUCTION OR REMODELING THAT COULD EFFECT YOUR TRIP..This was the fourth trip to this hotel for my 3 kids and i..We have gone back here every year because of the conveince of their location..We fly from AC to Ft.Lauderdale .Were at the hotel in 20 minutes and don't have to leave ,unless we choose to..I do not rent a car because they have great taxi service to where ever we want to go..The rooms are great,the pools are great,the beach is beautiful.Lots of choices here for food.Service is good,18% is added as an automatic tip.Their is a Jimmy Buffet Margueritaville hotel being built a mile north.Maybe worth a look ..

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice..Why pay for ocean front when your going to be at the pool all day..Save some...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The most memorable thing about this hotel is the large, spacious, marble-floored foyee with rows of faux palm trees leading you straight through to the swimming pools and beach. It has high ceilings and provides a welcome cooling from the Florida humidity and heat. The rooms could do with a bit of a make-over now; I spotted some paint pealing from the ceilings and the carpets are a little tired and not overly clean. As ever in the USA, parking is very expensive and their valet parkers are keen to get every dollar from you that they can, but there is self-parking across the road in a multi-storey car park. It doesn't save you that much on using the valet, but hey every little counts when you are staying at this hotel. A nice feature is the swimming pools and direct access to the beach if you want it. Unfortunately they now allow children access to both pools, so there is no respite for adults from the constant screaming. I had beach balls hurled at me and was several times splashed by 'bombing' kids as they hurled themselves into the pool indiscriminately. This was particularly bad at the weekend when this hotel gets over-run with people. Also at weekends the queue for the coffee shop was very long. On weekdays the hotel more or less returns to serenity and it's much more pleasant. I would definitely go back if my trip was weekdays only.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!