“Myrtha from Housekeeping - Room 1048” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Spring Getaways From $199
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Myrtha from Housekeeping - Room 1048”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was very happy with the housekeeping service I received from Myrtha. I was in the room while Myrtha cleaned, she asked me if I had any special requests, She was very thorough, friendly, polite and courteous.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Indonesian first
Manchester, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is my first review, and I'm sorry it is not a pleasant one. Let's start with the positives. Beautiful seaside location with great pool amenities and lobby. Easy access to the conference facility. The hotel is isolated for eating inexpensively. 2 Mojitos poolside cost $35 and the average price of meals at the restaurants for a family of 4 without alcohol is well over $100. 18% gratuity is always added to the meals, and they do not always tell you that(Beware!). The menus are quite limited at the various restaurants(Splash, Rivals, the Sushi restaurant, and the Cafe). Few healthy options exist. I am not a picky eater, but if you are vegetarian, stay somewhere else. We did frequent the expensive dining restaurant because our kids do not eat much, but the price of a steak was $60. The trolley that goes to the less expensive eating areas on the Broadwalk only runs Tuesday thru Sunday and only runs every 30-40 minutes. The rooms were equipped with one 1ounce shampoo for a family of four. So bring your own. A few of the hotel rooms we visited smell like smoke although they are non-smoking. We has to change over to the South Tower for our last day of the trip because of maintenance on the North Tower. With our family of four, we never had enough towels(you know, pool and ocean twice a day) and had to use the same single towel for each person for 2-3 straight days because the maid sevrice was not reliable on 2 days, despite calls from my wife. The bell service was great--top notch and friendly. If you have a lower extremity handicap(wheelchair, walker, cane, etc.), this hotel is not well equipped to handle your needs, especially if you need to get to some parts of the conference center or the pool/ocean areas. Inexpensive restaurants are too far away, unless you like spending lots of money on cabs. I have suggested to my sports medicine organization that they never book a hotel like this again, especially for those of us with kids.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very clean.

Very commercial. Slow to no service at the pool at times. Very expensive for below average food. We stayed at the Turnberry Isle Resort before staying here, and there is no comparison. That was luxury. This is where a fraternity stayed for their party. Pools aren't great. And maybe this is normal, but you could see sharks from the beach and there were no warnings or flags. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone I like.

Stayed April 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here with a business group. Hotel was nice. Bed was comfortable (I usually can not sleep in hotel rooms) and the bathroom was nice). The valet staff was very nice and helpful. Pool area is very nice too. The hotel restaurant has a limited menu and the food is so-so. One complaint - at check-in the person at the desk not once made eye contact with me. I had a special request which she accommodated but it bothered me that she NEVER looked at me.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Wappingers Falls, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

The staff here is an absolute pleasure from check in to check out and everything in between
It has a very clean beach and the hotel was impeccable
They really know how to treat people in this facility I would definitely go back on a vacation

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed here a number of times over the years. An excellent property. The rooms are excellent, and the public spaces are spectacular. From the infinity pool to the restaurants. It was built by the Plumbers Union so the bathrooms are outstanding. Views from both sides are excellent. One of my all time favorite Hotels

Room Tip: Try and ocean side view, the higher the better.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I just want to say how helpful the staff here is! I was there from March 14 - 18 on a business trip and the staff here was just pleasant! The lady at the front desk who checked me in (I'm sorry but I don't remember her name!) was awesome! We discovered that we're kindred island spirits! She's Jamaican and I'm Bahamian.

After I checked out (one month after, actually) I had to make change to bill and Rena in accounts helped me and even sent me a scanned copy of my bill to show the changes that were made!

This is my second time staying at this hotel and I am STILL very pleased and impressed!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!