We stayed here over Easter weekend for 3 nights and were pleasantly surprised that we were able to check into our room at about 11am (I guess being Hilton Gold helps). The room was on a high floor sort of on the side, with a view of the ocean and intercoastal waterway. We headed to the beach for the afternoon and were unpleasantly shocked that the rental of 2 chairs and an umbrella (a definite necessity for me) was going to cost $45. Considering the large number of people on the beach, the hotel was making out quite handsomely with this operation. If I return to this hotel, I would get a free chair at the pool and walk to the beach for a swim.
The restaurant at the beach was fine for drinks and lunch. There was also a bbq grill set up so you could order take out burgers and dogs to take to the beach or pool.
We enjoyed the buffet breakfast every morning ($31 - but free for Gold members), but it seemed that there could have been a bit more variety to choose from. It was the same every day.
There is a local trolley ($1 fare per person) that runs along the beach road in front of the hotel - take this down to the boardwalk area for dinner one night and then walk your dinner off with a lovely stroll.
Across the street from the hotel on the intercoastal, we enjoyed dinner and drinks one night while watching the NCAA Final Four on well placed TV's. The staff here were very friendly and the food was good.
I would stay here again. We enjoyed our time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diplomat Resort & Spa, part of Curio - A Collection by Hilton is an elegant retreat right on the beach. Whether staying on pleasure or business this pristine Hollywood Beach Florida hotel and resort is sure to delight. Rooms are spacious with gorgeous views of the ocean and pools. The infinity pool is perfect for families or couples and our attentive staff will deliver refreshments to you there or at the lagoon pool below. The beach is only steps away and Splash restaurant will pack food and drinks for you to take to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort