“Good hotel but one BIG complaint” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Spring Getaways From $249
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, NY
“Good hotel but one BIG complaint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I are staying at this hotel for a long weekend away from the cold. Overall this is a lovely hotel with great customer service. They often went above and beyond - including offering some comped food when we were awakened by the fire alarm accidentally going off at 1:15 AM. However, I have one BIG complaint that the folks in charge do not seem to wish to address. We came here to relax and unwind, but unfortunately the music in the pool area is so BLARINGLY LOUD it makes it hard to read or even hear the person talking next to you. Unfortunately most of it is horrible dance music, which is an interesting choice for a family resort. I asked several different staff members, a manager, and the hotel concierge to lower the music. The concierge told me it is kept at that level "so everyone can enjoy it." Really? Ridiculous, and not what I would expect at a hotel of this caliber.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
Watseka, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Amazing time, can't wait to get back! Loved the service and the staff attitude, made for a remarkable first visit. The property is beautiful and the weather was perfect! Already planned our return trip for our five year anniversary! Many things to do and places to visit within a short car ride.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The exterior of the hotel is contemporary and simply awesome. The room we had was great and came with a huge balcony an amazing view of the ocean. The rain shower felt great. I'm contemplating upgrading my home shower-head based on the one in their bathroom. The two pools were great. One pool had a waterfall bridge with a see-through bottom. The beach access is great. The only complaint we had is that guests are charged for beach chairs and umbrellas which are complimentary around the pools.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have been hesitant to write this review because I love the Diplomat and have stayed here before... Normally, I would recommend this resort with no problem. Unfortunately, our rooms were starting to show their wear(which is normal when a property in right on the beach.) We had 3 rooms and a suite, all on the same floor and although they are nice, the suite area was especially worn and tired looking. This needs to be maintained better for this level of a resort. Our friends had the penthouse suite with the baby grand in it and I have to say- that room/suite was huge and very updated and absolutely beautiful! Which leads me to hope that they are updating the other rooms too. I hope. The cleaning staff was a little slack also; however we stayed just after Christmas through New Year's day so I imagine this is a crazy time. A large portion of the rooms face the beach/ocean and the view is absolutely beautiful! The view for the other side of the hotel would be the intercoastal and downtown Hollywood. This property is right on the beach with its own beach frontage which they rent the chairs out for( it was only $8 for the day- so very worth it.) The pools are beautiful and have lots of seating which fills up quickly as the guests seem to run down in the morning and place towels on them to hold them for the day. There are small cabanas to the sides of the pool that can be rented out. The spa was beautiful and serene and is right on the property now. We had massages and facials and it was so relaxing and worth it. The workout room is a two-story room that is great and the hotel lobby is a perfect place to sit and hang out. This property is located just above the Miami area in Hollywood so it's not too much of a drive south.

Room Tip: Request room with a balcony overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family and I have been staying at this hotel since 2002, when it was still the Westin Diplomat and owned by Starwood. It is a beautiful hotel and we love it there. I have read some of the reviews on this site referencing that it has gone downhill since the Hilton took it over, however that is simply untrue as most of the staff still works there and we didn't notice any major changes. However, for whatever reason this hotel has the worst front desk staff I have ever encountered, at a hotel of this calibur. They are always unfriendly and unwilling to help. (it was also this way when it was a Westin property too though). When we checked into the hotel on 3/25 instead of a "Hi, Mr. and Mrs. so and so, how was your trip in and welcome to the Diplomat, we were greeted by a "Yes?" Almost like we are doing her a favor. So rude and unprofessional! All the front desk at this hotel need major training on how to greet and treat guests at their establishment.
However, all that being said, the hotel is gorgeous, the views are amazing, and I highly recommend staying there. You just have to know that the front desk is awful and look past it.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were at the Diplomat on business with a large corporation. Our experience, beginning with the front desk, was exceptional. My wife and I requested an ocean view with king sized bed. We were told it was not yet ready, but they would call my cell phone when it was. Ok by us. We walked around to get the lay of the place, and ended up playing ping pong by the lower entrance. After about an hour, and we were walking by the front desk anyway, I checked at the desk on the progress on our room. Enter desk clerk Jeanine. She said it wasn't yet ready, "but maybe I can find you something better." After a couple of minutes looking, she hooked us up with an "intercoastal view."
Good enough for us. When we got there, we were blown away by the view. Floor to ceiling windows on the south and west walls! We could see for miles down the beach, and plenty of ocean. The west view was just as incredible,especially at night. Then the balcony: it was at least 20 feet long on the south, and another 40 feet on the west. Wow! Needless to say at this point, it was spectacular! Amenities from the gym to the two pools were awesome, and everybody there was courteous and very helpful. Our company had private parties, and I want to acknowledge one particular bartender named Steve (with catering). When my wife requested a particular type of wine, he said he didn't have it, paused and said, "give me ten minutes." He came back with her brand and said to her, "I have it, and I'll keep it back here just for you." Two days later, he had it on hand when we arrived for the second party. Wonderful experience. Thanks to Jeanine and Steve.

Room Tip: Ask for corner intercoastal view
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel was located north of the main Miami strip. After arriving you are greeted by a friendly staff and a nice clean hotel. Upgrading for a room with ocean views is defiantly worth the cost. The views are amazing and the water is beautiful.

The pools at the Diplomat were great! They offer an infinity pool that goes over top of a lower level pool. There is a glass bottom in a portion of the pool so you can see the pool below, really neat to swim in.

The room was very clean and comfortable. Nice size walk-in shower and offered a large tub for soaking. The fitness room was clean and the machines were very new. The atmosphere was great and everything you would want in a state of the art gym.

Overall, I would defiantly stay in this hotel on my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!