“Worst night ever at a five star hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Escape the Cold From $249
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Worst night ever at a five star hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This a letter I sent to the hotel after my stay:
Dear Diplomat Resort and Spa:
The second night I spent at you hotel was horrendous! The fact I had no electricity in my room for more than 14 hours was the least of my concerns. Despite multiple attempts at communication with front desk hotel managers with concerns about the lack of electricity; I never received follow up calls from the managers as promised. At 12:30am we were awoken by a security guard who informed us that our room was dangerous and we must pack our bags and evacuate! I again called the front desk who apparently knew nothing about the security officer's safety concern! Despite this, the manager Fabiola on 2/28-3/1 told us to pack our bags (in the dark ) and prepare to evacuate!
We fell asleep waiting to evacuate, never receiving a follow up call as once again promised! We were awoken by our lights and television coming on at 2am instead!
My wife and I experienced a horrible day of the worst customer service ever!!!!
As a longstanding Silver and Gold Hi-Honors member I would expect to be treated fairly and with the respect anyone deserves. I am extremely disappointed by this experience.
At this point I am considering never staying at this hotel again.

JGMD

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have stayed at this property before, when it was the Westin Diplomat. It was great then and they seemed to have retained the great staff. If I were forced to live in a hotel for a year, this would be my choice hands down. It is now a Hilton property. We are Hilton honors members and that makes this hotel a slam dunk.

Room Tip: If you can get an ocean front room on the 30+ floors, take it.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for (unfortunately) only one night. It was during the week so we got a great rate on a room. The welcome staff was very nice, they let us get a room on a high floor to have it quieter.

The pool was incredible, tons of space, great views of the ocean. The beach amenities were also very nice, and the poolside drinks hit the spot. The location is not the best if you want to walk around, but if you are just planning on spending most of your time at the beach and the pool like we were you will not find a better experience than the Diplomat.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if you can
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Upon arrival, the first person I met was Regina at the Front Desk. After a 5 night stay I feel like I made a new friend. She went above and beyond each time I needed assistance. I plan on making this an annual trip and will always ask for Regina upon arrival.

Marisa from NJ

Room Tip: Get the walk out balcony if ocean front. You'll regret it if you don't.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Vernon, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Beautiful lobby and wonderful, friendly people at the front desk making check-in a breeze. Shanique went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was one that we would always remember. The location is excellent right on the ocean. We ate in all the restaurants and the food was good but a little pricey. My biggest complaint is that we stayed on the 20th floor and it took about 15 minutes to get hot water in the shower. My husband had the same complaint with the hot water. It also needs some entertainment.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It is a wonderful hotel that is lacking the quality of service for as nice as the facilities are. After one call to the front desk very slow response. After a complaint about the tv I never received a response and the tv didn't work the rest of the time I was on the property.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

Westchester County
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our total bill for our stay was $1700.00 , after we checked out we see they added another charge of $11.00 to our bill for two bottles of water that was on the dresser, we feel the charge was not clear ,we called the hotel and was hoping they would reverse the charge , but the hotel was short with us .... Parking $32 per night , beach chairs $26 , breakfast buffet $50 for two , room apx $410 , ... I am still hoping the $11.00 will be credited back , such a small amt , but this hotel nickel and dimes it guest ....

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!