You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Escape the Cold From $279
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Business and Relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My company set up our yearly meeting at the Diplomat Resort. I decided to go a few days early with my husband to relax and enjoy the sunshine and beaches. The first few nights we stayed in an ocean view room. It's beautiful but I definitely enjoy the city view room better. Samantha at the front desk said the view was unbeatable and she was correct. The city is flat so you can see everything, feeling like you're on top of the world. Thank you Samantha.
My run in with "Ragina" whom others seem to rave about was unpleasant- but that being the only down side of my trip, I'll overlook.
Make sure you use the concierge services. Rachel was very kind and full of information on South Beach then the next night Lauren got us into a restaurant that we were told was completely booked.
I worked with Natalie to get a cabana pool side, she is a joy to talk to. Also, special thanks to Collin (bellhop) for hauling out our luggage straight into the taxi for us.
Overall, I loved the Diplomat and will be back in the fall to see what other changes have taken place with the Hilton.

Room Tip: Go for the city view on a higher floor. (Mine was on the 25th floor)
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Excellent experience with front desk. Employee Jeannine went above and beyond to satisfy our additional requests regarding our room.
When the first impression is made with such great care, the rest of the stay flows nicely.

It should be noted that the rooms were very clean. Management now needs to begin an update rooms and tend to deferred maintenance in the accommodations.

Room Service was excellent with great turn around time ( 20 minutes ).

Wifi should be a free service.

Hope to see the necessary upgrades on my nest visit.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The lobby and reception area of this hotel is very pretty and appealing. We had three rooms all bought with free wifi and breakfast buffet. At check-in no one mentioned either to us. I had to go back to the desk and ask about both. I was then given breakfast coupons for a continental breakfast. I then had to return again and show them my reservation details on my phone, and they acted like I was bothering them. The rooms were okay...set up a little strangely. Above the bathtub were two shutters you could open into the rest of the room, almost like a window. Very strange. It was clean, but a little outdated. The pool area was a little smaller than I thought, but it was fine. The breakfast and our server were great. Check out went smoothly. This is an okay hotel, but there's really not much else to do in this area so if you want to be able to walk somewhere, it's not the hotel for you. I wasn't overly impressed.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is nice, but the balconies are very small and need some maintenance.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Nice Surprise at check -in! We are constantly traveling, so I am used to all that comes with the checking in and checking out phase, debating the bill etc., etc., for a big guy like me it's rare that I am knocked off my feet amazed... but Regina manages every time. We met her when we checked in at Doubletree in Sawgrass Mills - she was nice and efficient and took care of every issue we had with ease! (from a broken golf club to my wife's nail appt.) We always returned to the property for the free cookies and her smile. We were completely surprise to see her behind the desk when we checked in for our mini vacation! to boot she remembered us and congratulated us on our new Diamond status!

We stayed here for four nights and every day was simply amazing. All the staff was so nice and professional it felt like back home. We stopped by the desk everyday for suggestions and Regina had plenty of options or she would recommend we talk to concierge when the lines were long. The beach is amazing and the chairs are great if not a little expensive for my taste. Housekeeping always showed up early like we requested at check in. All the spots to eat serve amazing food. It tends to be congested for breakfast in the morning, but its worth the wait. We will definitely be back this property to see Regina. she is always a treat. she was there everyday and always had a big smile for us! such a plus...

Room Tip: Just check -in with Regina. she will make your stay extraordinary!!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thornill Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel on our way to drop family members off at Miami International Airport. Torrential rains had cut electricity to the part of the hotel where our room was located. This could have been a terrible experience, but the hotel staff went beyond expectations to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. Not only did we not have to pay for the room, but the staff couldn't do enough to ensure that we were happy. Patrick, Aarica and Estay to name a few of the wonderful team who make this hotel so welcoming. Great fitness centre, excellent concierge service and exceptionally well located. One cannot do better anywhere! The only suggestion that I would have for an area of improvement would be to offer wifi as a complimentary part of the price of the room, as it seems a petty charge that the hotel could easily absorb, given how excellently they treat their guests overall.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view superior room
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just stayed at the Diplomat for a week. I stay at this hotel at least once a year, sometimes twice a year, on business. It's a very nice place to say, but think it was much better run as a Westin.

The pros': The valet parking staff was extremely helpful, with Jeremy going above and beyond to help me out when my brand new rental car stalled on the A1A.

However, there were a lot of cons: I paid for the highest quality wifi service, and still dropped calls frequently and lost service many times; I paid an extra $50 per night for a "club level" room, but their club level does not have food, it's just a room on the 33rd floor that most of the hotel staff seemed unaware even existed; restaurants and quick-service food counter seemed understaffed relative to past years, overall maintenance around the property was ongoing and there were areas near the pools and grounds clumsily cordoned off.

I made a quick spa appointment that went horribly wrong: I was set for a 25 minute head, neck and back massage when an elderly gentleman directed me to a treatment room and gave me a full body exfoliating scrub instead! I asked during the scrub when the massage was going to start, and I didn't get a response. I went to the front desk, where they acknowledged I was given the wrong treatment and asked, "well, did you enjoy it?" There was no effort to give me the service that I had actually ordered. At least I wasn't charged for the scrub. I think if it was still run by Westin this kind of thing would not have happened.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Lovely hotel. The property is huge and amazing. I love that the pools and jacuzzi are 24 hours. The front desk is very friendly, I was upgraded to a partial ocean view room. Our room was pretty amazing. Our stay was short but I would definitely love to stay at this property again. Great hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms with partial ocean view are pretty sweet!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!