“Accomodations Weapon (Regina)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Escape the Cold From $279
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Accomodations Weapon (Regina)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Nice Surprise at check -in! We are constantly traveling, so I am used to all that comes with the checking in and checking out phase, debating the bill etc., etc., for a big guy like me it's rare that I am knocked off my feet amazed... but Regina manages every time. We met her when we checked in at Doubletree in Sawgrass Mills - she was nice and efficient and took care of every issue we had with ease! (from a broken golf club to my wife's nail appt.) We always returned to the property for the free cookies and her smile. We were completely surprise to see her behind the desk when we checked in for our mini vacation! to boot she remembered us and congratulated us on our new Diamond status!

We stayed here for four nights and every day was simply amazing. All the staff was so nice and professional it felt like back home. We stopped by the desk everyday for suggestions and Regina had plenty of options or she would recommend we talk to concierge when the lines were long. The beach is amazing and the chairs are great if not a little expensive for my taste. Housekeeping always showed up early like we requested at check in. All the spots to eat serve amazing food. It tends to be congested for breakfast in the morning, but its worth the wait. We will definitely be back this property to see Regina. she is always a treat. she was there everyday and always had a big smile for us! such a plus...

Room Tip: Just check -in with Regina. she will make your stay extraordinary!!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
Thornill Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at this hotel on our way to drop family members off at Miami International Airport. Torrential rains had cut electricity to the part of the hotel where our room was located. This could have been a terrible experience, but the hotel staff went beyond expectations to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. Not only did we not have to pay for the room, but the staff couldn't do enough to ensure that we were happy. Patrick, Aarica and Estay to name a few of the wonderful team who make this hotel so welcoming. Great fitness centre, excellent concierge service and exceptionally well located. One cannot do better anywhere! The only suggestion that I would have for an area of improvement would be to offer wifi as a complimentary part of the price of the room, as it seems a petty charge that the hotel could easily absorb, given how excellently they treat their guests overall.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view superior room
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I just stayed at the Diplomat for a week. I stay at this hotel at least once a year, sometimes twice a year, on business. It's a very nice place to say, but think it was much better run as a Westin.

The pros': The valet parking staff was extremely helpful, with Jeremy going above and beyond to help me out when my brand new rental car stalled on the A1A.

However, there were a lot of cons: I paid for the highest quality wifi service, and still dropped calls frequently and lost service many times; I paid an extra $50 per night for a "club level" room, but their club level does not have food, it's just a room on the 33rd floor that most of the hotel staff seemed unaware even existed; restaurants and quick-service food counter seemed understaffed relative to past years, overall maintenance around the property was ongoing and there were areas near the pools and grounds clumsily cordoned off.

I made a quick spa appointment that went horribly wrong: I was set for a 25 minute head, neck and back massage when an elderly gentleman directed me to a treatment room and gave me a full body exfoliating scrub instead! I asked during the scrub when the massage was going to start, and I didn't get a response. I went to the front desk, where they acknowledged I was given the wrong treatment and asked, "well, did you enjoy it?" There was no effort to give me the service that I had actually ordered. At least I wasn't charged for the scrub. I think if it was still run by Westin this kind of thing would not have happened.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Lovely hotel. The property is huge and amazing. I love that the pools and jacuzzi are 24 hours. The front desk is very friendly, I was upgraded to a partial ocean view room. Our room was pretty amazing. Our stay was short but I would definitely love to stay at this property again. Great hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms with partial ocean view are pretty sweet!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Pros
-Attended a conference at the hotel, so convenient.
-Large bathroom and great soaker bath (short but deep).
-Clean.
-Great gym.
-Right on the beach. Little use to me as I was at the hotel for conference and had no opportunity to get outside, let alone take a wander along the beach.

Cons
-Internet was expensive and inconsistent. Soap box rant - in this day and age I find it ridiculous and extremely cheeky that I have to pay for internet access whilst staying in a hotel. This only seems to occur in over priced hotels in North America, Australia and the UK. I have traveled throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America and generally do not have to pay for internet access in these so called "developing countries". On the positive side, I complained at the end of my stay and the hotel removed the charges.
-Limited options for eating within walking distance of the hotel, so one feels a little trapped.
-Rooms and communal areas are looking dated.
-Expensive. The only reason I stay there is I attend a conference at the same hotel every year.

Other
-I am generally not attracted to hotels/resorts such the Diplomat Resort & Spa and would not choose to stay in one when holidaying so am pre-disposed towards being negative. However, every time I stay at the Diplomat I leave feeling disappointed and ripped off (and I have stayed there once a year since 2012), even though I am not footing the bill as I am only there for business. The hotel was +US$360/night for a rather small and basic room that was in need of updating and the internet cost was an insult.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
New york, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I really enjoyed my stay, the hotel is expensive, but you get what you pay for. The staff are wonderful, the spa is an oasis.Beach is lovely. I found the night time boring though as there was no entertainment.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We came to this hotel for a couple's getaway. We wanted to be in Miami without all of the drama and noise. I had not heard of this hotel until I started looking for locations north of Miami. It seemed gorgeous and the location seemed perfect considering we flew into Ft. Lauderdale.

I have to say this hotel is actually a gorgeous property. It's large, well-situated and super convenient. We had a corner ocean view room with a wrap around balcony. Being on the 34th floor truly made me feel like I was staying at a top knotch resort somewhere in Dubai or exotic. The sweeping and panoramic views were breathtaking and worth spending the extra money.

What's to love:
Top Knotch service used to handling a certain type of clientele but very down to earth

Great stand alone resort that you never have to leave if you don' want to. When you do leave you are close to so many activities, great restaurants and beaches. The hotel Lobby Bar is surprisingly packed every night and the sushi bar is a great hidden gem for the area.

I do have to speak on the gym which is just hands down the best gym I've been to at a hotel. It's opened 24 hours with an access card. The equipment is like Equinox level equipment and the weights are fantastic. There are all the balance balls and gym studio workout equipment you'd expect to find anywhere but they are all in great condition.
The rooms themselves are so so spacious which is surprising for the area. The bathrooms and closets are enormous especially for the area.

I found the service to be great. The hotel is enormous and there were 2 conventions and a wedding taking place during our time there as well as a torrential downpour epic flooding water...but the hotel staff never made you feel like they were overwhelmed.

There were a lot of families here during our stay on the weekend. I would return with my children again but I wish there were a few adults only designated areas even though I never encountered an issue with children as all parents had them under control while we were there.

Parking is easy...in retrospect I would have self parked across the street.

The food is great...so great that you don't really need to leave the resort if you don't have to. I would stay here again because I often hate South Beach or Ft. Lauderdale hotels because they feel way too touristy. Here I really felt like I lived as a local in Miami with great access to the non-tourist parts of Miami.

The weather wasn't good for our planned golfing trip so I can't speak on the facilities. Overall solid luxury hotel at a great price with fantastic value.

What's not to love: If you don't like big hotels and resorts shy away from this resort.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor the corner units are breathtaking
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!