We came to this hotel for a couple's getaway. We wanted to be in Miami without all of the drama and noise. I had not heard of this hotel until I started looking for locations north of Miami. It seemed gorgeous and the location seemed perfect considering we flew into Ft. Lauderdale.
I have to say this hotel is actually a gorgeous property. It's large, well-situated and super convenient. We had a corner ocean view room with a wrap around balcony. Being on the 34th floor truly made me feel like I was staying at a top knotch resort somewhere in Dubai or exotic. The sweeping and panoramic views were breathtaking and worth spending the extra money.
What's to love:
Top Knotch service used to handling a certain type of clientele but very down to earth
Great stand alone resort that you never have to leave if you don' want to. When you do leave you are close to so many activities, great restaurants and beaches. The hotel Lobby Bar is surprisingly packed every night and the sushi bar is a great hidden gem for the area.
I do have to speak on the gym which is just hands down the best gym I've been to at a hotel. It's opened 24 hours with an access card. The equipment is like Equinox level equipment and the weights are fantastic. There are all the balance balls and gym studio workout equipment you'd expect to find anywhere but they are all in great condition.
The rooms themselves are so so spacious which is surprising for the area. The bathrooms and closets are enormous especially for the area.
I found the service to be great. The hotel is enormous and there were 2 conventions and a wedding taking place during our time there as well as a torrential downpour epic flooding water...but the hotel staff never made you feel like they were overwhelmed.
There were a lot of families here during our stay on the weekend. I would return with my children again but I wish there were a few adults only designated areas even though I never encountered an issue with children as all parents had them under control while we were there.
Parking is easy...in retrospect I would have self parked across the street.
The food is great...so great that you don't really need to leave the resort if you don't have to. I would stay here again because I often hate South Beach or Ft. Lauderdale hotels because they feel way too touristy. Here I really felt like I lived as a local in Miami with great access to the non-tourist parts of Miami.
The weather wasn't good for our planned golfing trip so I can't speak on the facilities. Overall solid luxury hotel at a great price with fantastic value.
What's not to love: If you don't like big hotels and resorts shy away from this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diplomat Resort & Spa, part of Curio - A Collection by Hilton is an elegant retreat right on the beach. Whether staying on pleasure or business this pristine Hollywood Beach Florida hotel and resort is sure to delight. Rooms are spacious with gorgeous views of the ocean and pools. The infinity pool is perfect for families or couples and our attentive staff will deliver refreshments to you there or at the lagoon pool below. The beach is only steps away and Splash restaurant will pack food and drinks for you to take to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort