You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Escape the Cold From $279
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Building work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We checked into this hotel for a quick break to enjoy some sun and to relax as we are on a business trip and wanted a couple of days on the beach to relax. When we arrived as our room was not ready we went to the beach bar to relax and get a drink, after 5 minutes their builders starting cutting tiles for the pool with an angle grinder ( this was in the middle of the day) the noise was deafening not to mention the dust going everywhere and in the pool. Everyone was complaining , the staff said it was emergency repairs, this is rubbish they were cutting tiles, I have a video of it. They could have cut the tiles in a different location and brought them back to fit. For a luxury hotel such as this you would think they would plan this better. We checked out the next day. I may upload the video just so everyone can see how stupid this was, then to be treated like a idiot and lied to.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Indonesian first
antwerpen, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I spent one week at this property early this month. I stayed at the Diplomat Resort many times when it was a Westin and was never disappointed. For this stay, my booking was done last june through SPG using promotional rates and for that reason experienced some billing problems. As a SPG platinum member, I was usually upgraded to a suite with club lounge access, so I was curious what my HH Diamond status would give me. I was not disappointed since I received a 35th floor Diplomat suite upgrade. Only the balcony was missing. The hotel didn't really change from when it was a Westin, but to my disappointment, there was no club level or lounge. I heard the lounge will be transformed to a restaurant, which is a pity and I missed the huge terrace with sea and intracoastal waterway views. This is the reason why I didn't give it the full five stars. For the rest, I had a nice stay, the pool area and beach are still great and the restaurant and room service offerings were up to my expectations. I will be back next year...

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view with balcony. Every floor will provide great views. Intracoastal waterway rooms o...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The toilet was slow to shut off. WE stayed in room 1546 and the elevator was very loud sounding like a jet flying overhead. The Concierge, was not helpful at all on the two occasions we used him, only being able to reccommend hotel dining options and not knowing the schedule of the Hollywood Trolley and wasn't even able to tell us where the Trolley picked up at, which was right out in front of the hotel on the street level. We received excellant service from the rest of the hotel staff including the cabana/pool attendants and Rivals. The entire bell staff was absolutely excellant with great knowledge and ability to handle lots of activities at one time. Cannot rate them high enough.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

San Mateo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Overall, this is a very nice hotel and is a good one to bring your family along should you have a meeting here. However, as a vacation hotel, I would not recommend it. It is largely a conference facility and geared to supporting the very large conferences it hosts, largely back to back. One will typically find the lobby filled with people in suits wearing name badges from the various ongoing conferences. The pool is nice, although a bit merky and the gym is a bit small. Overall, I give it high marks if one is attending a conference, but low marks for a vacation
Note, the loss of the executive lounge is a real negative. It was my favorite part of the hotel under previous management.
Note - Wifi is very slow - even when you pay for an upgrade.

Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Her name is Tracy she worked at the hotel like a door greeter, it is my first time that i see someone saying WELCOME at the entrance at this hotel, specially her, she was a very kind person. She make me feel happy. Thanks ! Tracy.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed the night at this hotel due to an event being held in one of the ballrooms, and figured it would be easy to just stay the night as opposed to just driving all the way home to Miami. However, I was leaving my room to go to my event and the door to the room was not closing. I called guest services and they told me they would be sending an engineer to the room, 10 minutes later a security officer showed up to fix my safe door- not the door I called about. I was running late to my event and so he had to stay to guard my belongings in the room while the "appropriate engineer" arrived to fix the door. After my event, the door was fixed and I was happy again- that is until I needed to use the bathroom and noticed that the sliding doors for the bathroom were not working (just my luck), I had to use the bathroom with the door open, shower with the door open all with my friend, who was also staying with me, sitting right on the bed. As I was leaving the room the next morning to check out, the main door to the room wasn't closing (AGAIN- it probably wasn't fixed by the right engineer). I would have expected a lot more (Or better working doors for that matter) when staying at such a luxurious hotel, however, that is not what I experienced. Unfortunately, for these reasons I will not plan to stay here again nor recommend a stay here.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have been coming here for 5 years and were worried about the change from Westin to Hilton. Almost everything is the same. We missed having the executive lounge but instead ate breakfast downstairs. The buffet is $32 per person but it has a wide selection including made to order omelets, smoked salmon, pastries, waffles, fruit etc. The rooms as well as all the other facilities are as before. I just miss being able to us Starwood points to pay for the room!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!