“Love the door greeter at this hotel her name is Tracy.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Escape the Cold From $279
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miramar, Florida
“Love the door greeter at this hotel her name is Tracy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Her name is Tracy she worked at the hotel like a door greeter, it is my first time that i see someone saying WELCOME at the entrance at this hotel, specially her, she was a very kind person. She make me feel happy. Thanks ! Tracy.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed the night at this hotel due to an event being held in one of the ballrooms, and figured it would be easy to just stay the night as opposed to just driving all the way home to Miami. However, I was leaving my room to go to my event and the door to the room was not closing. I called guest services and they told me they would be sending an engineer to the room, 10 minutes later a security officer showed up to fix my safe door- not the door I called about. I was running late to my event and so he had to stay to guard my belongings in the room while the "appropriate engineer" arrived to fix the door. After my event, the door was fixed and I was happy again- that is until I needed to use the bathroom and noticed that the sliding doors for the bathroom were not working (just my luck), I had to use the bathroom with the door open, shower with the door open all with my friend, who was also staying with me, sitting right on the bed. As I was leaving the room the next morning to check out, the main door to the room wasn't closing (AGAIN- it probably wasn't fixed by the right engineer). I would have expected a lot more (Or better working doors for that matter) when staying at such a luxurious hotel, however, that is not what I experienced. Unfortunately, for these reasons I will not plan to stay here again nor recommend a stay here.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have been coming here for 5 years and were worried about the change from Westin to Hilton. Almost everything is the same. We missed having the executive lounge but instead ate breakfast downstairs. The buffet is $32 per person but it has a wide selection including made to order omelets, smoked salmon, pastries, waffles, fruit etc. The rooms as well as all the other facilities are as before. I just miss being able to us Starwood points to pay for the room!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Miami, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed the night at this hotel due to an event being held in one of the ballrooms, and figured it would be easy to just stay the night as opposed to just driving all the way home to Miami. However, I was leaving my room to go to my event and the door to the room was not closing. I called guest services and they told me they would be sending an engineer to the room, 10 minutes later a security officer showed up to fix my safe door- not the door I called about. I was running late to my event and so he had to stay to guard my belongings in the room while the "appropriate engineer" arrived to fix the door. After my event, the door was fixed and I was happy again- that is until I needed to use the bathroom and noticed that the sliding doors for the bathroom were not working (just my luck), I had to use the bathroom with the door open, shower with the door open all with my friend, who was also staying with me, sitting right on the bed. As I was leaving the room the next morning to check out, the main door to the room wasn't closing (AGAIN- it probably wasn't fixed by the right engineer). I would have expected a lot more (Or better working doors for that matter) when staying at such a luxurious hotel, however, that is not what I experienced. Unfortunately, for these reasons I will not plan to stay there again nor recommend a stay here.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

Ottawa Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hi;

I recently stayed (Feb 2015) at the Diplomat Hotel (formerly Westin, now Curio) in Hollywood Florida. I have several hundred nights in the last 10 years at this property, so I had some concern coming back to a Hilton.

Even though it has switched from Westin to Hilton, a lot of the staff are still the same!

And in my mind it has always been GREAT STAFF that make or break your stay!.

Check-in was a breeze, my bag was picked up by Eugene who I have known for years.

I was recognized by Karianne at check in and she got me into the room that I usually get!

The restaurants appear to be the same. I ate at the steak house, and it was excellent. A couple of the guys from the executive lounge (Jaunarus and Maricio) now work there! Great food, great service!

The pool bar staff are all the same, always in a good mood.

The room, the lobby, the pool, the gym, everything stayed the same in my mind except no Executive Lounge on 33rd anymore. Karianne gave me breakfast so that made up for no lounge (I am Hilton HHonors Gold working on Diamond).

I am going for 3 or more weeks in March with extended family (5 rooms), looking forward to it!

R Brown (Canada)

Room Tip: All rooms are good. I personally like the city view, but my wife loves the ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Long Island, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My summary of our recent stay: (my husband and myself)
Arrived early on 2/13, departed 2/18. The process both times was very smooth – sort of a long line but it moved fairly quickly.
20th floor – awesome view, ocean to the left, city view & intra-coastal waterway to the right. We loved our balcony and view!
The room was a tiny bit dated – could have used some new carpeting and the sofa bed was a bit frayed. Besides that (and that really was minor in the big scheme of things), it was wonderful. The bathroom was spacious and beautiful.
I am not a fan of elevators, but these ran very quickly and smoothly. No issues.
Absolutely gorgeous hotel/resort, pools, landscaping, etc.
We ate and drank at Splash by the pools. Very friendly staff everywhere.
Also ate and drank at Rivals Sports Grill on the waterway. They have a Happy Hour but limited to only one hour – 5 to 6. Usually Happy Hours are at least two hours -- one hour makes you feel very rushed to try to enjoy the deal. We only made it for Happy Hour one time.
This resort did seem to cater to business functions which included shutting down different areas of the resort and/or pools at various times for private events.
Regarding children at the resort, I read that they had organized children’s programs but I didn't see any.The kids that we saw seemed to be running around on their own – including running and jumping into the “over 16” hot tub. (not sure where the parents were)
Be prepared if you stay here to be spending A LOT. Just to sit on their little strip of beach for a day for two people will set you back about $50.00. ($15.00 per chair, $18.00 umbrella)
We chose to relax on one of the complimentary pool deck chairs. (some do cost extra) The towels were nice and plentiful. (and no extra cost, wow!)
Lunch at splash our first day was over $60.00. Two people, one burger w/fries, one wrap and two domestic beers.
They add 18% gratuity on every purchase which I guess helps so you don’t have to figure out the tip. You can add a bit extra if you’d like of course.
Internet access in your room comes with a fee also. We chose not to use it as I could use my phone for whatever I needed.
We took the Hollywood Trolley to the Boardwalk (or as they call it “Broadwalk”) one evening. That was fun and only $1.00 per person for the trolley!
Unfortunately, it only ran Wednesday to Sunday…not sure why -- it may be seasonal.
Also there is a 7-11 very close by. We walked there each morning to stock up on light food/drinks/water for our room. That helped to save money and it was a nice stroll.
Bottom line is if we ever had the chance to stay here again, we’d be thrilled. Loved the vacation, especially leaving cold NY -- just need deep pockets!

Room Tip: Room on a higher floor with a view is awesome. We were near the elevator and ice which ws handy, an...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is our first time staying at the Diplomat. We normally stay in a motel down the road. The room was comfortable and the view spectacular. The main complaint we had was the food. It was entirely over priced and terrible! Especially room service. The beach is very narrow and the sand very soft (not good for walking). The only thing that we were very happy with was the maid service. Ahagracis Gonzales was there every morning and accommodated us well. We really thought we were going to an upscale resort with top amenities, food and service. Unfortunately, we found none of those at this resort.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!