Despite its size positioned amongst a strand of high rises, they did a lot of things well. Driving in, the driveway greeters pointed us right to the self park garage directly across A1A which is easily accessed via dedicated traffic light for cars and pedestrian bridge for pedestrians. Reception was courteous and efficient. The decor in the towering lobby and convention center areas were architecturally stunning and modern. The hotel has many fun levels, terraces, large and small outdoor spaces, decent if not huge beach, and efficient staff.
The elevators were pretty quick and easily reached. The rooms were just fine. I could have used an extra plug or two and a brighter light at the desk, otherwise it was nicely equipped.
I was there to speak at a business meeting of 600 of my closest friends and attended a flawlessly-executed banquet the first night of my stay. They clearly know what they are doing there. The escalator up to the third floor main ballroom in the convention wing takes you past the high-style fitness center which looked great with plenty of equipment.
The only fly in the ointment was a diabolical room key system which doubles as the garage exit card. My room card failed the morning I had finished my panel and now had to move expeditiously to the airport. The added detour back to the lobby delayed my departure but the surprise came in the parking garage where I found a line of cars (10+) trying to exit through the gate. Only one gate was working and the cars ahead of me had trouble with it. When it was finally my turn 20 minutes later, my room key cards got a green light at the scanner but the gate refused to go up. A few choice words to the attendant on the intercom got the gate raised. I barely made my flight and hope that those behind me (with flights at the same time) made theirs.
Worth another visit? If they fix their diabolical electronic lock system and it's not during Christmas or Spring Break -- definitely. (I'm not into big, busy places!) And I would absolutely schedule a business meeting there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diplomat Resort & Spa, part of Curio - A Collection by Hilton is an elegant retreat right on the beach. Whether staying on pleasure or business this pristine Hollywood Beach Florida hotel and resort is sure to delight. Rooms are spacious with gorgeous views of the ocean and pools. The infinity pool is perfect for families or couples and our attentive staff will deliver refreshments to you there or at the lagoon pool below. The beach is only steps away and Splash restaurant will pack food and drinks for you to take to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort