“Very nice, large beach hotel in a line of high rises” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Exclusive Rates From $279
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Charlottesville VA USA
“Very nice, large beach hotel in a line of high rises”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Despite its size positioned amongst a strand of high rises, they did a lot of things well. Driving in, the driveway greeters pointed us right to the self park garage directly across A1A which is easily accessed via dedicated traffic light for cars and pedestrian bridge for pedestrians. Reception was courteous and efficient. The decor in the towering lobby and convention center areas were architecturally stunning and modern. The hotel has many fun levels, terraces, large and small outdoor spaces, decent if not huge beach, and efficient staff.

The elevators were pretty quick and easily reached. The rooms were just fine. I could have used an extra plug or two and a brighter light at the desk, otherwise it was nicely equipped.

I was there to speak at a business meeting of 600 of my closest friends and attended a flawlessly-executed banquet the first night of my stay. They clearly know what they are doing there. The escalator up to the third floor main ballroom in the convention wing takes you past the high-style fitness center which looked great with plenty of equipment.

The only fly in the ointment was a diabolical room key system which doubles as the garage exit card. My room card failed the morning I had finished my panel and now had to move expeditiously to the airport. The added detour back to the lobby delayed my departure but the surprise came in the parking garage where I found a line of cars (10+) trying to exit through the gate. Only one gate was working and the cars ahead of me had trouble with it. When it was finally my turn 20 minutes later, my room key cards got a green light at the scanner but the gate refused to go up. A few choice words to the attendant on the intercom got the gate raised. I barely made my flight and hope that those behind me (with flights at the same time) made theirs.

Worth another visit? If they fix their diabolical electronic lock system and it's not during Christmas or Spring Break -- definitely. (I'm not into big, busy places!) And I would absolutely schedule a business meeting there.

Room Tip: Ocean view is as important than being ocean front. You don't need to be on a high floor (higher...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I attended a conference here and was so pleased that the venue was this hotel. I was on the 14th floor overlooking the pools and the ocean. On the opposite side of the hotel you see a waterway and has stunning sunsets. The service throughout my five-day stay was top notch everyone was friendly. The in-house Fresh restaurant has everything to grab and go from multiple salad choices to fresh croissants and muffins and a coffee bar that equal Starbucks. I was impressed with the food throughout my stay. My room has two double beds with a balcony that open to the ocean view and also the bathroom has shutters that open so you see all the way through to the outside ocean view. I hope my photos do it justice

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had an amazing time me and my wife and we can not wait to go back again. We picked an ocean view room. Staff very nice and friendly!

The resort interior was very nice. Hotel almost had like a private beach. We rented a jet-ski and was charged directly to the room. The swimming pool was also amazing.

If you were to chose, I say go this resort and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you can pick an ocean view room, go for it. It is worth the extra money that you will pay. A lot...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Westborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I spent 7 nights at The Diplomat in Hollywood, Florida the week of 1/25/15 and having done the same last year, were curious to see the difference under new ownership (Westin to Hilton). We again thoroughly enjoyed our stay and definitely plan on rebooking the hotel next year. On the positive side, we found customer service to be truly excellent (!), with all employees that we encountered concerned that our needs were attended to. We relied on hotel transportation to take us to the golf/tennis facilities nearly every day. Joey, our driver, was very friendly and more than accommodating to our schedule, and even picked us up and dropped us off outside the regular timetable to suit our needs. No car necessary! In terms of recommendations to Hilton on how to improve the experience, they do need replace some worn furniture (couch) in our room and slightly marred trim in the bathroom. In addition, some of the cushions in the pool area were dirty and needed to be cleaned. One windy day, trash was flying around the pool area, and there didn't seem to be anyone looking out to clean up. Some exterior trim on the hotel near the Infinity Pool also needed attention, as it was getting rusty. Attention to details such as these things are important and need ongoing attention. But apart from those few items, we were very pleased with our stay and will be back next year!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Looking for a venue to host our wedding, and stay at during the festivities.
Regina gave us a tour of rooms. She was animated and fun through the whole experience doing her best to find vacant rooms and give us an honest opinion.

• Stayed January 2015
Elkton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Having looked at the rebuilt Diplomat Hotel for years we decided that since Hilton had recently taken over this property we made a reservation.
Being the first day of the New Year the hotel was swamped. Our room was not ready until 5:45 pm. being a Hilton Gold Member afforded us no help or compensation. The restaurant was booked through 9:00pm and there are no places within walking distance. So we ate at the hotel bar which is overpriced with good food but warm beer. Over all the view was great and the pool area nice.

Room Tip: Wait a bit longer till Hilton gets a firmer hold and Margaritaville gets built
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a conference this past week. We checked in late the night before the conference and were originally offered an accessible room, with a low shower. I was not very happy about this and expressed my discomfort. I appreciated the fact that they were able to come up with an alternative for us, although not with a king bed as we had originally booked, but with two beds. I thought that the room was fantastic - it was very spacious and had a luxurious bathroom, with separate shower and bath. The cleaning staff were very thorough and professional, and generous with providing additional bath products. We availed ourselves of the fitness room, which had the latest most updated machines from life fitness and was very well equipped. The food served at the conference was of very good quality considering in particular that there were around 1,900 participants.

Our experience was very good overall - the only reason that I would not give it an excellent is that the lunch that we had in the outdoor cafe was okay but not great and the service was rushed. We also had an unfortunate incident at departure. We checked out and were given a blue ticket after paying for parking. The white ticket that we received upon entering the garage was taken from us and ripped up at checkout by the hotel employee. But we could not exit the parking lot with this blue ticket, and had to wait for 15 minutes for an attendant to arrive and let us out, in addition to being lectured about the importance of keeping the white ticket. This is not our responsibility as guests, but the hotel employee's responsibility in my view.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!