“Nice property, great views of the ocean - comes with a price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton

You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Exclusive Rates From $279
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Nice property, great views of the ocean - comes with a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a very nice hotel, well located in Hollywood. Quick fifteen minute drive to the Ft. Lauderdale airport was why I chose it. The property has excellent pool facilities and it literally allows you to walk right out on to the beach. Very well appointed hotel and the room was quite nice too. We had a corner room on the 33rd floor and had great views of the area and the ocean.

We ordered room service, this wasn't anything to get excited about but the rest of the stay was quite nice.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
Lennox, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at this hotel for three nights on a company business trip. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, the food was delicious, the rooms were clean and quiet and we had what I would consider a very private balcony. The pools were clean and warm and the access to the ocean is unparalleled - I did not see another hotel in the area with such easy beach access. For a dollar you can take a trolley to the boardwalk and experience some local culture and shopping. I would definitely stay here again when in the area and highly recommend it for anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here during the Inside ETFS conference and overall was pleased with the property. I'm sure that Hilton will make necessary updates to make this place great.
We were upgraded to a corner suite (room 1671) with an ocean view. The room was spacious and had a wonderful bed. There were a few cons though. Several of the outlets did not work, the furniture is worn out and the carpet had waves in it. If these fixes are made, I'd give it 5 stars overall.
The staff is very good, I especially wanted to recognize Daniel (in the breakfast cafe) and Eddy (server in the lobby bar). They both went above and beyond.
The food for the convention was great. Usually when you're serving upwards of 2,000 people, the quality is lacking, but we found everything to be of high quality.
We ate at splash (by the pool) twice for lunch and both meals were good. Try the blackened fish taco.
The convention center is impressive and very nice. We also loved the workout area. This is a very nice resort, it just needs a few tweaks.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've given this hotel three 'stars' although it probably warrants four - but for the price charged I think it's only really worth three

So... this is a good hotel with a great beachside location but they charge a great deal for this and the rooms are actually pretty small. When I checked in I was told I'd been upgraded to a balcony room - the room they gave me had a view over the car park and this really did not feel like an upgrade, so I called reception and they moved me to a partial sea view room - turns out this really wasn't that much better, the view was definite partial and the room still pretty squishy!

Food was good here - the hotel has a great steak restaurant - again pricey but very good and worth it.

I don't think I'd hurry back here as the $350 per night room charge for a small room with no real view is just not worth it - but I can't actually fault the hotel, just poor value for money in my view.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Diplomat is a very nice hotel. Nice lobby, nice rooms and nice pools. Hollywood, Florida on the other hand is pretty boring and seems to have mostly an elderly population. If you stay at this hotel, plan to take Uber or a Taxi and head to South Beach or Las Olas!

Room Tip: Choose an Ocean View room with a balcony. They also overlook the property and the pools.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Got checked into an occupied room (which was by itself already a terrible thing). But when I returned my card key to the front desk, the first comment was not an apology but rather why it took me so long to report the problem (I met friends in the lobby before going to the room). Plus the toilet had not been cleaned - pretty skanky welcome.

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

Saint Paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were here, me and wide, for a smaller business conference.
Service was very good, facility was good. Pool and beach were great.
Room we had was nice, facing the ocean with balcony - very nice.
Could have been a little more clean, my wife noticed some mold on the edge of the shower door strip.

We tried the breakfast buffet, it was $25 and only OK, nothing special.
Also, nice to have the "fresh" store in the lobby - convenient and expensive, but what do you expect.

Nice place, I'd stay here again. Hope they improve the food quality with new Hilton flag.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Karianne A, Guest Relations Manager at Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear John F,
We are glad you and your wife enjoyed your recent visit to our resort for your business conference. It seems you also had an opportunity to enjoy our facilities as well as some of our restaurants. We are thrilled you found your ocean view balcony room to be nice and would like to apologize some of the cleanliness was not up to our standards. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to an opportunity to welcome you and your wife again.
Karianne

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!