I recently travelled to the Diplomat for a friend's wedding. The hotel is well maintained, has 2 beautiful pools, and had several on-site locations for food. I was not impressed with the desk staff but the valets and bellmen were very helpful.
Since we were travelling with a child and parents in tow, I asked in advance (at time of reservation, several weeks before when the ownership changed to Hilton, and the day before our arrival) for connecting rooms. We arrived around 4:15 pm and there was a scramble to find 2 connecting rooms that were clean. I waited at the desk for 10-15 minutes for this to be sorted out. The woman at the desk was nice and apologized for the wait. I don't know what the point of making requests ahead of time if they aren't dealt with until arrival. I also asked for a crib to be delivered ahead of time and had to wait for it once we got to the room. When I checked out I noticed that the bill from the poolside bar was $12 more than what I remembered the total being. I went back to the desk and the desk clerk found the correct total (maybe they scan them in?) and corrected it. There was no apology or explanation for the error. I was on my way to the airport so I didn't bother delving into it.
The rooms were pretty and well maintained. We really liked that there was an empty fridge (besides the mini bar) to store food and drinks in. There was a small balcony with 2 chairs.
The two pools are very pretty. The one on the top level has a very shallow end perfect for toddlers to play in. The lower pool was very pretty and has a lot of seating around it. We took a walk on the beach but did not sit.
We had lunch at Splash. The food was decent and drinks were tasty. The service was very slow and inattentive. My room was charged more than the total I left (see above).
The wedding we went to was on a side patio which was beautiful with the ocean in the background. The cocktail hour was next to the pool on the main level as the sun was setting which was gorgeous. Reception was very nice in the conference center next door.
There is self parking across the street if you want to carry your bags yourselves. Otherwise you can valet park ($32+tax). I only took my car out when we left at the end of our stay but they had the car ready in about 10 min.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diplomat Resort & Spa, part of Curio - A Collection by Hilton is an elegant retreat right on the beach. Whether staying on pleasure or business this pristine Hollywood Beach Florida hotel and resort is sure to delight. Rooms are spacious with gorgeous views of the ocean and pools. The infinity pool is perfect for families or couples and our attentive staff will deliver refreshments to you there or at the lagoon pool below. The beach is only steps away and Splash restaurant will pack food and drinks for you to take to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort