You added Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton to your Saves list
Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3555 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Winter Rates From $279
Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I stayed here for two nights this month (December). The property itself is very nice-- the pools are big and the beach is beautiful. They are still transitioning from Westin to Curio, and the whole place could definitely use a fresh carpet and coat of paint.

We definitely recommend the oceanfront rooms with the balcony and the plantation shutters on a high floor for a perfect view. Initially when we checked in they gave us the wrong kind of room, (it had an ocean view but no balcony and was really not very nice), but they quickly fixed it to the right category. It was slightly awkward when just as we had arrived to our new room another hotel guest who had just checked in as well came into our room because they had also been given the same room by the front desk staff. However we were then given a $50 credit for all this inconvenience.

We used the self-parking- quite easy and probably faster than the valet. There is a bridge that connects the parking garage to the hotel.

On the last day we had massages at the spa- excellent experience and definitely worth it.

Overall this is a great place to stay with terrific beach-front views and access.

Room Tip: Ocean front for sure- preferably with the open bathroom plan and a balcony.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Attended a conference at this hotel. The hotel was great and so was the conference center. The hotel has many amenities and great pools, access to the beach and good food. The staff are friendly and pleasant.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

Hempstead, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel was great. Our room was $300 a night which is not too bad. Balcony deluxe king, ocean view. The only problem we had was housekeeping constantly knocking on the door after we told her we were checking out at 1 pm. She knocked at 10:30 am again at 11:05 again at noon again at 12:30. Each time we told her we were checking out at 1 pm. She just didn't seem to get it. Needless to say my sleep was broken and for the life of me I couldn't understand why she would keep coming back over and over. At 1 pm when I finally checked out, I saw her in the hallway and she didn't speak ENGLISH. The beach was super close which is a plus but the hotel charges their guests for beach chair rental. UNREAL. The days that we were there you really didn't want to go swimming at the beach because the police and Coast Guards were out looking for a missing diver and one of the hotel employees said a horrible joke about the incident that I didn't find funny and it turnder my stomach. Can't repeat it.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I recently stayed here for a conference and it was a really nice experience. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I brought my husband and baby along for the trip and they were able to stay busy during the day without having to leave the hotel. The people who worked in the various shops were so nice, too! The only thing I would change is the elevator alert when your elevator arrives. I missed it a majority of the time cause it's pretty soft and there are several elevators to watch! Really nice place though. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Jonathan Gary Louis are excellent valet, luggage storrage, concierge men. Jon called me beautiful everyday and someone opens ur taxi door everytime. Grecia at the front desk was amazing too, upgraded me to balcony room for free. Concierge guy Chris is a sweetheart, booked my hair appt close by same day on short notice and called them to confirm too. Maria in the spa as well as Tiffany were kind ANGELS who are amazing at what they do (I got head, neck, shoulder massage + pedi - nail colour selection extremely big! and the front desk of the spa are kind and booked me on short notice the same day bcs i complained of neck pain). They hold your luggage for free after check out! The rooms are cleaned excellently every damn day and I called everyday for more conditioner and shampoo because of my unruly thick curly hair and everyday they gave me like 6-10 bottles no questions asked (and free). 24 hour front desk a HUGE help. Room service food excellent, hot, quickly delivered and I got a free extra bottle of VOSS water (uber good and uber pricey!). All prices in hotel are affordable for food, they have convenient convenience store in lobby (oh yeah plus convenient wifi in lobby which u have to pay for in the room but if u check ur iphone periodically it accidently opens up for free most of the time lol). The convenience store has TONS of useful options for breakfast in your room and how excellent is it that the rooms come with a fridge already included!!! I had milk and cereal and fruit all under 9$ everyday on my balcony! Even though the view was intercoastal/city it was WOW, my own private little balcony with clean chairs and a STUNNING view of the region lit up at night- i brought my bluetooth speakers and definitely chilled out every freaking night. THE BEACH IS WOW, pool and chairs were clean and lovely especially that one pool with a view of the freaking ocean from way up (damn!!) but the BEACH is LARGE and CLEAN and umbrella and chair was around 30$ or so a day and i had it until 5pm. Towels large and clean and unlimited they give u two but they dont mind if you need extra. The beach boys Adrian and Johann and Chris are SO cute and FRIENDLY they chat me up when Im bored and even comp'd me for a chair and umbrella one day (lol cause ya'll think Im cute i know). The one expensive restaurant in the hotel (steak house) had a LARGE sumptuous delicious excellent meal for about 60$ and thats starting price lol... But the fillet of salmon was large, and the sauce it came with was perfection and dont even get me started on the awesome asparagus and interesting shot glass concept of soup they had plus oh yeah the sparkling water WOW. The lobby bar was lame no offense! BUT let me tell you they are sweet there too, once it was 2 am and I was dying of hunger and the bartender gave me an assortment of nuts in a large cup and a bottle of water and told me room service is available 24 hrs and it was quick and delicious and piping hot when it got to my room!! A good serving size of soup plus huge pieces of warm bread and butter and as I said I got two bottle of VOSS one was free because I accidently got the wrong size and opened it anyways and the guy was like no worries at all dont worry about it.
Literally every worker in the hotel wants you to enjoy your hard earned money, and because theres no PESKY RESORT FEES you can be damn sure I tipped each and every single person I came in to contact with. They ALL deserve BIG tips because they dont just make you happy and comfortable they go ABOVE and BEYOND , I got alottttt of free perks given to me simply because I chatted to the workers and got to know them (i was a solo traveller).

The people who hold the front doors open for guests are also amazing, Christy , girl u know youre the best! Thank you for offering to show me around on your day off work thats so kind of you!

I would have definitely came back to this top notch luxe hotel (if you dont believe me just look how they pampered me or take a walk in the elegant majestic front lobby with water fountains and marble everywhere) BUT my main squeeze lives in Boca so I have to go there from now on because its about an hour away. BUT THE WESTIN DIPLOMAT IS HANDS DOWN FIVE DIAMOND STARS BETTER THAN THE EDEN ROC OR FONTAINEBLEAU ANYDAY!!

Oh ALso, 20$ taxi one way to aventura mall, about 70-80 to sawgrass mills mall near broward also thats one way, and about 40 bucks to fort lauderdale hollywood airport one way. But 3 minutes walking distance to cheap and excellent hair salon and 20 min walk to walmart.

OH and RIVALS SPORTS BAR IS WOW, sit outside on the patio and watch the intercoastal waterway freaking light up with yachts and fairy's passing by and enjoy the DELICIOUS food, its kind of pricey there but still worth it at least once, because they made it so easy to access through a lovely skywalk path, down beautiful escalators which open to a majestic outdoor terrace kind of walkway / garden where you can enjoy a romantic walk and dinner as well as get on a boat and go down the waterway... all literally right past the valet boys at the front of the hotel, how cool huh?

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, and ask for the front desk representative's business because they dont have...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Kenmore, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Front desk rude, room needs updated. Not really a good location. The hotel needs to stop advertising as a Westin. The evening hour cocktail and breakfast was a joke on the 33rd floor for the Hilton Honor members. I will never stay here again or tell my friends to stay here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

As a HH and SPG member I expect better from properties under either flag. Our 5 day stay has been nice. It is true, as others have noted, that the property is dated and the location offers only limited dining and retail options within walking distance but the pluses outweigh these and we enjoyed our weekday stay. With it now being a Friday night it seems the families and business travelers are out and the party crowd is in. I can hear every word the group in the room next door is saying. Without the fan in our room running on high there is no hope for sleep and even that isn't enough to totally drown out the noise. Two calls to the front desk at 2 and 3 followed by a trip down at 530 to talk to a manager yielded no results.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing the ocean have great views. We were on floor 32 and loved listening to the ocea...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!