Stayed at this resort while attending a conference earlier this year. I had a wonderful room with a lovely view of the ocean and the swimming pools. The room was very nice. Large screen TV, Free Starbucks Coffee (Though I am more of Dunkin Donut guy), A great view from the bathroom tub into the ocean, very soft and comfortable beds etc. The staff were pretty friendly and efficient too even though the hotel was pretty full at this time. The fitness center was really nice and there seemed to be a lot of activities to engage kids especially if you are there with a family. The Pools are definitely an attraction, they have 2 large pools that are kind of laid on top of each other with the one on top having a glass floor (looks awesome). Access to beach is also convenient. The property is also well connected to the downtown area through some public transport - they have a Hollywood trolley ride that comes up every 1/2 hour.
On the negative side, the food, especially vegetarian food is atrocious. I have had good vegetarian food in many places in the states, in fact I have had hotels go out of the way to cater to an Indian demographic but this place just was pathetic. Nothing they served as vegetarian was remotely good. I unfortunately left one of my clothing and a belt in the room when I checked out, when I finally contacted the hotel they insisted that I pay for shipping the clothing, which I politely declined given that I could buy a lot more clothes with the cost of shipping. However I found it weird that they would charge me for shipping given the amount of business my company had thrown at them. Similar incident recently in India and the hotel shipped it overnight to me free of charge (There you go, third wold 1 - developed nation 0).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diplomat Resort & Spa, part of Curio - A Collection by Hilton is an elegant retreat right on the beach. Whether staying on pleasure or business this pristine Hollywood Beach Florida hotel and resort is sure to delight. Rooms are spacious with gorgeous views of the ocean and pools. The infinity pool is perfect for families or couples and our attentive staff will deliver refreshments to you there or at the lagoon pool below. The beach is only steps away and Splash restaurant will pack food and drinks for you to take to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort