Stayed here for 4 days in July while vacationing with family in S. Florida, and this hotel totally blew my socks off! The room was breathtaking, especially the ocean view from the balcony, comfortable and super clean. The bathroom was roomy (wish there was more counter space, but we made do) and well stocked, the beds were super comfy and soft and housekeeping kept restocking the coffee we guzzled. Everything was perfect from the minute we checked in: the reception desk staff was very friendly and hospitable, pool staff was attentive and the grounds were amazing. I loved sitting by the pool and gazing into the ocean (which we didn't walk down to, but if you've been in the Atlantic once, you're pretty much set for life) while drinking a cocktail. The pool was clean and the deck was constantly being tended to by a staffer; lone, discarded towels didn't linger around, nor did beer cans and/or soda bottles roll from one end to the other. Since it was so clean there weren't any bugs crawling or flying around (totally ruins the atmosphere, don't ya think?). The parking garage was across the street, connected to the property by an over street passageway. Only complaint is that our hotel keys didn't work there and we had to constantly call the valet desk to get out :(
Like others have mentioned, Hollywood itself is kind of trashy, so if you can avoid leaving the resort, it's probably for the best. If you need to get food (because hotel food is pricey) there's a strip mall nearby with a few casual dining joints (yay Panera!) and a grocery store if you want to stock up on water and snacks. The hotel is located on S. Ocean drive, so it's beachfront and near highways, so you can quickly get around if you want to sight see (just not in Hollywood).
I was sad to leave, it was such a beautiful place. I hope all of my future hotel stays are as lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa is a refreshing escape offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Located beachfront in Hollywood, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the AAA Four-Diamond resort's amenitites include 2 pools, private cabanas, watersports, Heavenly Spa by Westin, Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio, Kids Club and 7 onsite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Travelocity, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort