“Fabulous stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Hartford, Connecticut
“Fabulous stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 4 days in July while vacationing with family in S. Florida, and this hotel totally blew my socks off! The room was breathtaking, especially the ocean view from the balcony, comfortable and super clean. The bathroom was roomy (wish there was more counter space, but we made do) and well stocked, the beds were super comfy and soft and housekeeping kept restocking the coffee we guzzled. Everything was perfect from the minute we checked in: the reception desk staff was very friendly and hospitable, pool staff was attentive and the grounds were amazing. I loved sitting by the pool and gazing into the ocean (which we didn't walk down to, but if you've been in the Atlantic once, you're pretty much set for life) while drinking a cocktail. The pool was clean and the deck was constantly being tended to by a staffer; lone, discarded towels didn't linger around, nor did beer cans and/or soda bottles roll from one end to the other. Since it was so clean there weren't any bugs crawling or flying around (totally ruins the atmosphere, don't ya think?). The parking garage was across the street, connected to the property by an over street passageway. Only complaint is that our hotel keys didn't work there and we had to constantly call the valet desk to get out :(

Like others have mentioned, Hollywood itself is kind of trashy, so if you can avoid leaving the resort, it's probably for the best. If you need to get food (because hotel food is pricey) there's a strip mall nearby with a few casual dining joints (yay Panera!) and a grocery store if you want to stock up on water and snacks. The hotel is located on S. Ocean drive, so it's beachfront and near highways, so you can quickly get around if you want to sight see (just not in Hollywood).

I was sad to leave, it was such a beautiful place. I hope all of my future hotel stays are as lovely.

Room Tip: Make sure you are a Starwood Preferred Guest, there's a separate floor(s) for being a member (fr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

2,366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When we pulled up I was already impressed with the luxury and grandeur of the property as well as the service. There was always a staff member holding a door open enticing us with the gush of cold air blowing out from the lobby.

The lobby itself is huge and shining with polished marble with plenty of plushy places to sit and relax or socialize. There is a lobby bar which I visited one evening for a coconut martini to go. Very dark and low key with a sushi bar attached. Drink was $12 but so good I would love to go back for another right now! There are a couple on site restaurants which I did not visit. A coffee bar with healthy snacks like fruit and granola. And a gift shop with the typical products and prices you would expect.

Check in was quick and friendly. They honored my request for a view and was able to offer me a balcony room with a partial view and 2 beds which works for me because I like to have a place to dump my stuff. I was offered their green service which I understood to be no housekeeping unless I specifically requested something yet every day after my conference sessions I would come "home" to a made up bed and fresh towels.

I was given room 1133 in the south tower. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable showing little wear. I was in a quiet location and I slept well on their “Heavenly” beds. A co-worker did have some issues with noise as they were located by an ice machine. Balcony had 2 plastic chairs but the railing was high so not much to look at sitting down. I preferred to head to the beach for a better vie any ways. Now to get to the best part – The bathroom! I loved it! It was huge, at least 1/3 the total room size with a soaker tub next to a sliding wall to open it up to the sleeping area. The shower was just as nice, all marble with a rain shower head and frosted glass doors. The toilet is also hidden behind a glass door, but would have still felt private had I been sharing the room. The robe was light and very soft like suede, which I liked better than those bulky terry ones. Complimentary toiletries included Shampoo, Conditioner, lotion and soap all with a nice light fragrance of white tea and aloe or grapefruit. Body wash and bath oil was available at request as well.

I was also lucky enough to have a look at a one bedroom suite as well as the penthouse suite and they are nicely furnished and very spacious.

During my 4 night stay I used the “Express Service” phone 4 times.
- Plugged toilet. I requested maintenance to come up as I was afraid to flush it again and make a mess. I left the room expecting it to be fixed while I had breakfast but it was still plugged when I got back to the room. He showed up a little while later and took care of it with a smile and an offer to call if I needed anything else.
- Shampoo & Conditioner. Because I was there for a business conference I ended up showering 2 or more times a day as I went from sessions, to beach, to dinner, to after party etc. I called down and asked them to bring up some extra shampoo and conditioner so I wouldn’t run out while trying to get ready for something important. They were up in minutes with a big bag full as I mentioned I had dinner soon. I ended up having enough to bring some home with me.
- Room service. On my first night I was starving when I got in as I had not eaten during my flights. I ordered chicken wings which was the cheapest thing on the menu. Bill was $20 with tip and they were tasty but not worth the inflated price. I was a little disappointed that the room service tray sat in the hallway for 3 days even when I saw maid carts in the area. This is honestly the only bad thing I can find about the property.
- On my last morning the conference was over so I had to fend for myself. I ordered eggs benny which came with seasoned home fries and was it ever good! Price was just under $25 with a tip and I couldn’t finish it but wanted to. The service was also quick, with the food arriving in 15 mins after an estimate of 30-45 mins. This made me happy because it meant I had more beach time before I had to say good bye.

Now for the good part! The beach, the pool and the pool bar.

The beach was fairly quiet and not crammed chair to chair. It’s also very long and walkable in both direction for miles. One evening we took to go cups and walked the 2 or so miles to the Broadwalk and enjoyed a meal before cabbing back to the hotel. ($6 cab ride) The water is warm and the sand kind of coarse, but to my delight many little seashells and bits of coral to collect. There was no drink service and you had to pick up your own towels at the upstairs pool. There are no free loungers for guests, you have to rent them although I did not find out how much because I used them for 2 mornings in a row and then one late afternoon before I was told I wasn’t supposed to be.

There are 2 pools one upstairs level with the lobby and one down stairs about half a level above the beach with stairs leading down to it. The pool upstairs was a really pretty infinity style with gradual entry. It seemed like this was more where the families hung out so I did not stick around and instead headed to the lower pool where they played music and had the blenders going at the bar. The pool water is warm as you would expect in the sun, but still cool enough for a refreshing dip. The pool bar Splashes! offered a lunch menu with standard hotel prices. I ordered a half pound of peel and eat shrimp. It’s a full pound on the menu but the bartender was quick to let me know I could do a half order since I was just looking for a snack. They came chilled on ice which I was not expecting but turned out to be very good. Nice and fresh with a really tasty cocktail sauce which is not something I usually like. The bill was $26 with tip and a cocktail. The bartenders were great at suggesting drinks and also creating drinks when I explained what I was looking for. And all come garnished with the sweetest fresh fruit. Standard blended drinks were $12 with the option of an extra alcohol "floater" for $2. The pool experience was probably some of my favorite time spent and was not at all a party atmosphere. The music was not too loud and there were not drunk kids stumbling around and there weren’t even that many noisy kids. It was pretty much perfect.

There is also a water taxi service over the walkway at their dock which I used to tour around my first day, it cost $22 for an all-day hop on hop off service and you can get a map and coupon from the concierge. The tour guides were friendly and funny and offered tons of commentary. It was a really nice day out on the water and some taxis even have a bar.

To sum it up. This is a beautiful luxury hotel and a value price that exceeded all expectations I had as far as comfort, cleanliness, service and overall experience. If ever I return to Hollywood or the Ft. Lauderdale area I would love the opportunity to stay here again.

Room Tip: The whole back side of the hotel faces the ocean most have balconies. The views are gorgeous. Reque...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Carteret, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Had a girls getaway at the Westin Diplomat and the facility is breathtaking... The poolside bar and food were excellent!! We had a blast!

My only complaint would be the beach area. Really needed someone to clean up all the debris.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Karianne A, Guest Experience Specialist at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear smr0128,
I am so glad to hear you had such a good time during your girls getaway and that the whole group got to enjoy the pool and bar. We do apologize for the debris on the beach and will look for a solution to this problem. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future.
Be well,
Karianne A.
Guest Experience Specialist
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I brought photo shoots for years to this amazing hotel and this time I was there on my honeymoon. Incredible views and a bathtub looking out over the water. The service was so great they even brought up chocolate covered strawberries and champagne. See the pictures, classy touches all over this hotel. Dinner at Hollywood Prime was exceptional. Order the steak and add the mushrooms(best mushrooms ever) . Servers, (sorry lost cards with names, but you know who you are),made our trip with there loving gestures and beautiful desert. I am a Ford model and would love to be on the cover of the diplomat magazine or in their commercial because they rock and I give thumbs up to companies that are worthy of such success and praise.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Property was beautiful and updated. Room was clean, luxurious and spacious. Beach area is great as was the pool area; however, the pool was a bit dirty as well as the surrounding restrooms. Additionally, it took forever to receive our drinks when we ordered poolside. In regards to Hollywood, stay on the resort because it is a total dump. Overall, highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had terrible trouble at check-in. Though we booked a room on club level, we first get one on 4th floor. This must be the most worst room in the hotel with a view to a wall of the convention center. We directly complained this. Sorry, no available room on club level. What kind of bad room planning is this? We than accepted a room on 7th floor with balcony. Sounds good, but balcony is apart of convention center, too. And above the air conditions. Not acceptable. Next day we got our booked room on club level. No excuses or other kind of compensations offered. That is really bad customer service!
Our final room is fine located on the 34th floor with balcony to the water front. We only had to move the interior to find place for our luggage. As a family with 4 persons the room is too small.
The pool is big and nice and just some steps to the beach. Breakfast on club level is excellent with wonderfully view to the beach or waterway. The other service staff was very friendly.
Summarized I can recommend the hotel. But struggle at check-in to get an acceptable room.

Room Tip: Convention center side above 10th floor and all other sides. The views are excellent floor 20 and ab...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is nice with clean rooms. The staff is very friendly. However, I feel that the food is very expensive. We ordered two wraps, a hot dog, and fries for $80. Four candy bars and sodas $26. Get ready to spend a lot if you do not choose to leave the resort. I also was not happy with the menu choices, and felt the kid's menu was lacking. They were not things my kids would eat.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!