“Pool and Beach Paradise” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
5th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Wichita, Kansas
“Pool and Beach Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is one of my favorite Westin properties, mostly due to their excellent service, wonderful beach access, and amazing pool area, filled with plenty of shady spots to read a book as well as sunbathing areas to get the perfect tan. We rented a car and self-parked ($20 a day), which is an excellent thing due to many excellent places to eat within a 10-15 mile radius that require you to drive there. While the eateries are good at the Westin, they are expensive and do not have a ton of variety, so it would be useful to have the car to go get excellent seafood, Cuban food, BBQ, and ice cream at JAXSON'S! I will stay here again and again and again....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Karianne A, Guest Experience Specialist at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear BCM12345,
We are thrilled to know our Westin has become one of your favorites to visit and we look forward to many more of them in the future.
Karianne A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My Boyfriend and I stayed here on our second trip to Florida. I was greeted by a wondeful staff member. The woman asked for my credit card and immediately proceeded to check us in. Not only did we have a long flight from NY, but we just wanted to relax on the beach. To our surprise we were upgraded to a wonderful room over looking the ocean. I must say...ever since this trip, we could not stop talking about the room or the hotel. Everything was beautiful. The two pools which stay open late for a midnight swim were fantastic. The clear blue ocean right next to the pool is also a plus. I loved every moment. I cant wait to go to back and neither could my boyfriend. The only problem is getting around in a taxi, we might rent a car next time we go. I think we spent most of our money on getting around than actually in the hotel. But over all I loved it!

Room Tip: Make sure you speak to someone at the hotel about the mini bar, I was charged for something I did no...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MiissC,
It is a true pleasure to know how much you loved your overall stay with us and to know that you were able to enjoy all of our various amenities. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back for a future visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I generally take a few vacations a year & I've stayed in multiple hotels but this one takes the cake. I got a great deal by bidding on Priceline & was lucky to get this hotel for the price i paid. The lady at the front desk was exceptionally nice to us & upgraded us to a corner room overlooking the bay with gorgeous views. The pool & beach are beautiful & the staff are excellent. If you are taking a vacation in Florida look nowhere else but here

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Karianne A, Guest Experience Specialist at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear moishmosko,
We are honored to know how highly you have come to regard our resort after your recent stay. This truly means so much to us, especially knowing how much you travel. We hope one of your next vacations is a return to our property.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at the Westin for three days upon our return from the Caribbean before taking the long flight back to California. The hotel is gorgeous, and the staff is very good. The staff takes extra steps to ensure those at their pool are hotel guests, which I appreciate.

We had a deluxe room, oceanfront. The room was clean, quiet and well appointed. The gym is pretty good, nice selection of equipment, free weights, treadmills, etc. and its open 24/7 which is nice.

The location is pretty good - near the highway and a good walk to the boardwalk (I'd say about 1 1/2 mile walk). The self parking is across the street, easy to access. It's $20/night and we found it more convenient than messing with valet - they had cars everywhere (not the fault of the hotel, but the guests) and it was just too much to deal with.

My only complaint with the hotel is the food. They have a disclaimer that they serve 'super foods', which is notated by a special symbol on their menus. The first issue I had was when I purchased a cup of fruit from the cafe. The strawberries had mold on them so I took it back and explained to the girl at the register that there was mold on the fruit and I would like to exchange my cup of fruit for a fresh cup. The girl at the register looks at her co-worker and says, 'Can she do that?'. REALLY???? I put the fruit on the counter and told her I was exchanging it for fresh fruit.
Then, the following morning we went into the restaurant and I ordered steel cut oats, which has that nice little 'super food' symbol next to the item as steel cut oats are very good for you. So, out comes my bowl of....... porridge. It was quick cooking oats that had obviously been cooked for a while as it was very gummy. I asked the server if he had my order correct as I ordered steel cut oats - he said this was the only type of oats they had. It was disgusting.

Eat out, sleep there - that's how I'd do if it I returned to the place.

Room Tip: Corner oceanfront dexule rooms provide ample room with a nice view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear LoveTravelX4,
We are so happy you had such an enjoyable time at our resort and taking advantage of our various amenities. We do, however, sincerely apologize for the lack of service in regards to our super foods selection. This is not up to our Westin standards and we will be making great improvements to this service for your next visit.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My favorite part of this hotel is the pool. Its amazing. And the service their and on the beach is great. For a busy weekend, they did a great job attending to everyones needs. They never fail me. Valet staff are always smiling and the front desk does a great job making conversation. Should you ever stay, ask for a high floor :) its worth it.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear jmilagre,
We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoy our resort and the amenities we offer. It is especially nice to hear what a positive impact our Westin ambassadors had on your time here. We would love to welcome you abck for a future stay.
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Westin Diplomat is an extraordinarily beautiful hotel with a really immersive lobby. It’s located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale close to all main attractions. On the other hand the service is lacking. The room was okay - nothing special and usually cleaned around 5PM!!!!!. Parking was pricey - $20 self parking. Beach chair rentals $10 each umbrellas even extra. I think is really strange to pay extra for a beach chair in a 5 star hotel. The pool area was nice but so crowded, there were even one umbrella in the area, except of the cabanas with of course extra charge!! It’s a resort mostly for families so If you are looking for a romantic getaway avoid it. Anyway It's beautiful hotel that I would not pay full price for.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Karianne A, Guest Experience Specialist at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear RafGr,
We are sorry to hear our resort did not meet all of your needs and the service you encountered was not as accommodating as it should have been. This is not the guest experience we want for you and we will be working to make improvements should you choose to stay with us in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The rooms are great and clean we stayed in a JR. suite Ocean Front high floor- fabulous!! Staff is friendly and a pleasure. The lobby is gorgeous. The pool is wonderful and the beach is beatiful. The Hotel is in a great spot to travel to Miami beach or up towards West Palm- There are many resturants near by and the room service is excelent- We can't wait to go back- When we go to Florida we now think of only going to this Hotel! Great Resort has everthing you need.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Karianne A, Guest Experience Specialist at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear jtc1216,
We are truly honored to know our resort is your go-to option when visiting South Florida and we look forward to many future visits.
Karianne A.

Been to Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!