“Oh LaLa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Oh LaLa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

By far, the most elegant hotel I have ever been to. If you are considering whether or not to splurge on this classy establishment, DO IT!! The entire experience was over the top. The room was swanky and oh so romantic. The bathtub opens to the room and the balcony and the ocean. The showers are like a gentle rain rolling down your back. The pools are breath-taking. I will return to this hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: Go for the Ocean view, the high the better.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

2,125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed as a family prior to heading out on a cruise in March, 2014. The hotel is pricey; no question. But it is extremely comfortable; rooms are a good size, upper rooms have a great view (we had a view down the beach and of the water), food is well prepared, the pool is very well maintained and perfect for the kids - and of course the beach.

We wanted to change the configuration of our room with the kids; the front staff was wonderfully accommodating by helping us get what we needed. Check-in and check-out was simple and the bell staff were able to get us a taxi to the cruise port easily. The only downside to the hotel is that there are few restaurants in the area; so if you don't have a car, you are really stuck eating at the hotel. The hotel food was wonderful and that wasn't a big issue but you should be prepared.

Room Tip: Ask for a "partial ocean view" room; you won't pay the full ocean few rate but get alm...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel many times before, and I will continue to be a loyal customer at this particular property.
I have only positive things to say about it. The resort itself is beautiful, but I feel that other reviews have covered the physical attributes of this property.
The part that I would like to review is how the management team behind this amazing resort is what makes it so special.
I certainly do not mean to leave out any names, but there are just to many names to list them all, so I will have to write this review in a more general format.
It all starts at the front entrance- where the parking attendants, the bellman, and the girls that hold open the door are always doing their job with a smile.
I see the same attendants season after season, so that alone says so much.
Then, there is the check-in- sometimes yes- there are long lines, and yes, sometimes the rooms are taking longer than usual to be ready- but all I can say is that as soon as you get up to the front desk, no matter which desk clerk serves you- they are all professional and do their utmost best to please you and help out as much as possible. Again, I cannot remember each and everyone's names- as everyone was always so nice to me- but one front desk clerk in general whose name was Juan was especially amazing to deal with. And there was Natasha who was always there to answer my questions.
The rooms have been commented upon in many past reviews, and although slightly in need of a bit of sprucing up- the cleanliness is to perfection. The housekeeping staff, from the head of housekeeping right down to the the girls that clean the room are all excellent. Again, that must be stemming from the management of the property and the excellent pride they take in training the staff. Although in all my stays at the Diplomat I have always been more than happy with the housekeeping services, one girl whom take care of our suite last December 2013 goes by the name of Munchie ( or something that sounds like that)- excuse for my lack of correct spelling- well she was just outstanding.
Everyone at the hotel was there to please the guests. What more can a customer ask for?
It should be noted that I personally met with both the Manager and the General Assistant Manager, Mr Walls and Mrs. Salazar, and inspite of their extremely busy demanding jobs, they are always there to greet you with a smile and attend to any special needs that may be necessary.
Another lady, whom I did not have the pleasure to meet was Karianne- but I know it was she who acknowledged my two daughters very special birthdays and helped to enhance our stay even more.
The bell captains are all regulars, and each and everyone of them deserves to be commended as outstanding, as does the conceirge desk people who go over and beyond to help.
A true review always has to include the positive and the negative, and although there is is really no negatives here, if I had to pick one teeny tiny negative it would be that I wish the evening food in the club lounge included some fresh cut up veggies instead of so many kinds of chips and fried foods. That was honestly the only negative.
Last but not least- I am coming outside of the hotel now to the pool bar and the beach.
The Splash bar serves the most delicious food that you could imagine- and two servers there just keep getting stuck in my mind as outstanding- Roxanne who ALWAYS remembered my favorite orders, and Irving who made the most incredible drinks - and sometimes that place gets awfully busy, yet these two along with the rest always serve so professionally and always with a smile.
Last but not least- the beach!!!!
The guys that run the beach are called the Boucher Brothers (please excuse me if I added an extra 'r')- and they are beyond beyond amazing. Adrian , I believe ran the show- and he was the kindest soul you could imagine. Last xmas I was there with a broken ankle, and he always took the time to remember me and make sure that I had everything I needed.
I just returned last week- first week in April- during the busiest season of all- spring break- and much to my delight- both Adrian and Evince remembered me and treated us with the same special kindness. I have never seen a team of beach rental people work so hard, dragging and setting up heavy chairs and umbrellas in the sand- and yet- still being gracious and always smiling. These people definately need to be recognized by the hotel!!!
All in all, my Spring break stay with my daughters was amazing, as was my extended xmas stay in the winter, and I have been a long time customer of the Dip way before Trip Advisor existed, and I will continue to return as long as the management team remains so awesome.

Room Tip: I enjoy the high ocean views but all the rooms are the same inside
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Our family of four spent a week at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood Florida in March. The hotel is beautiful with a great pool area, beautiful beach and snack bar on site. I've stayed in Fort Lauderdale many times and really liked this hotel. It's close to everything and there's a lot for kids to do. We visited the race track one day (the kids loved it), spent a day at the Game Center with a lot to do and enjoyed mini golf. We also spent an evening on Lincoln road, taking in the sites and enjoying dinner in an outdoor cafe. We spent yet another day out on a fishing boat with the kids. Bottom line... it's a great destination for families. Our march weather was 75-82 degrees every day. So if you have kids that like activities, this is a great destination. The only negatives are...valet parking is expensive...$25/day, the dresser space is very small, which is tough for a family of 4 and the outside staff is sometimes a little slow.

However, the front desk folks are great and help to upgrade you if possible. We were upgraded to an Ocean Front view, which was awesome! It was a great stay.... I'd go back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Karianne A, Guest Experience Specialist at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear TCBMaryland,
Your visit to South Florida sounds like the perfect family getaway and we are so glad The Westin Diplomat was the setting for it. We are always pleased to hear when our guests enjoy so many aspects of our resort as well as the local area and look forward to having you stay with us again some day.
Old Bridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed two nights for business in Miami. Although the location was nice if you want to relax at the pool and beach it was extremely difficult to get into Miami for my business. Took 2 hours to go 18 miles both dsys. The corner room was nice with a view of the marina. The bathroom was spacious. However there was only one night stand and the clock and phone were unplugged. I could not reach plug behind bed so I had to put it on dresser. The maid never put it where it belonged. The pools during spring break were loud and crowded. This is expected but not appreciated after a long terrible commute. Also there is only one casual american restaurant for dinner. Odd for a place this huge. So despite the nice beach location and room I will likely go back to staying closer to the airport.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear momcat1959,
We are very sorry our resort did meet your individual needs and hope you are able to return for pleasure some day to fully enjoy the amenities.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I just want to say that Jorge was just absolutely HUGE in helping me out. Like an idiot, I locked myself out of my car, including my phone, at the front of the hotel. Jorge let me borrow his phone, arranged for the locksmith, and after I left him money for the locksmith, allowed me to go to my room and took care of everything. The car gor unlocked, and the valet brought my phone to my room. The most amazing thing is that Jorge refused a tip! Thank you, Jorge.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear J N,
It is wonderful to hear that our valet ambassador Jorge had such a positive impact on your stay at our resort. This is the service we aim to provide every guest and hope you return to experience this quality again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

me and my husband paid in full to go to mexico and couldnt go due to lack of documents at the boarder. My fault. Anyway we got fully accomadated to this place which i requested 'fort lauderdale' but we were at the airport despetate so settled for the westin diplomat which expedia gave us.
Its breathtaking not gonna lie. Just a huge gorgeous hotel..... with 2 huge pools a nice ocean and thats about it...
Because the food there whuch is soo damn limited and EXPENSIVE ..literally no places to eat around the srea no known chain restaursnts like nothing at all maybe 7 miles away only. so we wasted so much.money eating there and agsin nothing slecial n hardly any options.
Great place for kids. ALOT OF KIDS...
were in our late 20s so.ofcourse hated it.
Great pool well kept grounds clean...
Beautiful beach and friendly staff
toooo pricey to eat in a un-ritzy area!!!!
we made the best of it so enjoyed it.
Thanks

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Travelvajz123,
Despite the circumstances, we are glad you got to enjoy our resort for a little while and hope you are able to return at a time that better meets your needs.
Karianne Arsenault

Been to Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!