“Outstanding View!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Outstanding View!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference. The staff was excellent. I was put in a room that when you walked in the door, all you could see was ocean. There was also a balcony with a table and chair, so you could sit outside and relax. Multiple pools and a beach with all your needs. Like another reviewer, the hotel smells amazing. I loved all the window and palm trees. You could see the ocean as you walked through most of the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you are on the ocean view side.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Karianne A, Guest Services Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Debroah J,
It is fantastic to learn that you had a relaxing stay at the Diplomat. We truly appreciate your compliments and cannot wait to see you at the Westin again soon.

2,355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in October for a business conference. The hotel, staff and all involved were wonderful! The beach is amazing, food/drink wonderful and overall it was a great trip. We had a special request upon arrival and Aarica and staff went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. Would highly recommend this property. The surrounding area is fine, just not a lot to do except go to the beach and eat, but otherwise it was great.

Room Tip: Get a room over the pool, facing the ocean - sunrise is awesome. We were on the 25th floor. Corner...
Dear SGfromTX,
Thank you for sharing your excellent feedback with us. We are excited to hear that you and your husband had a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home in South Florida.
George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Perfectly balanced hotel, high end without being pretentious! Great facilities for the price. The views from the rooms are great if you're in a beach front room! Staff were really pleasant. Room service was fab too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Karianne A, Guest Services Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear CarolynAlisa,
It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your vacation at The Westin Diplomat. We are happy to learn that you found our resort to be great and our ambassadors to be pleasant and helpful. We hope to welcome you back to the Westin soon.
Redlands, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I live in California, but grew up in Miami. We have stayed at hundreds of hotels over the years. This is, by far, the best, most amazing, relaxing place and I can't wait to return. And it smells like heaven!
My first experience at the Diplomat was 4 years ago. I only stayed one night with my kids before our return flight home and it was incredible. From the staff, service, pools and restaurants, I was almost tempted to change my plane reservations to stay longer! I promised myself I would return.
And we did the following year. This time we stayed for two full weeks. I thought it wouldn't be as great as remembered. IT WAS BETTER!!
The layout of the pools right on the beach makes it the perfect place if you love the beach...and even if you don't, you can relax at the luxurious pool and just look at the beach. The accommodations and activities for the kids, like a blow up waterslide next to the pool, are all so much fun.
Anyway, I just booked our next stay from December 15 - 20th.
My family is so excited to return! CAN'T WAIT!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Magda R,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. It was a pleasure to once again welcome you to the Diplomat. We are happy to hear that we exceed your expectations once again and that you and your family had fun during your retreat. We look forward to welcoming you back during your upcoming stay in December.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. Everything that could go wrong went wrong in reference to my travel Itinerary. Got in after 1am flight was held over and once I got to the hotel I found out my company had not paid for my hotel accommodations. However, the staff was excellent. They put me in the business suite; treated me like a paying guest because at this point I had not paid for the stay. When I got to my room I was amazed at the suite I was given. I had two bathrooms; a master bathroom and a powder room , a separate living area and bedroom. The only thing that was missing was a kitchen. The view was spectacular from one side of the bedroom. However, the other side was a partial view of the beach and the roof of other buildings. I was on the 36th floor. I didn’t eat at t he hotel. They had a pool, I didn’t get in. This was the best business suite I’ve ever stayed in. There was one issue i had to address the bathroom had blood on the toilet when I got there.

Dear TYHIPUSA,
We are delighted to hear that you had an awesome stay with us at the Westin. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite as well as the views from our resort. We would like to apologize about the condition of your bathroom and will share your feedback with our housekeeping team so we can continue to provide top notch service to all of our guests. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Superb location. The resort has a beach connected to it. Also has a very nice open pool. Picturesque views. The conference center is very well equipped as well. The only thing I didn't like is the food that ordered for room service. Not many vegetarian options. Pizza was horrible.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Karianne A, Guest Services Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear NorthPark2013,
We are delighted to hear that you had refreshing retreat to the Westin Diplomat. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed our location and that you found our pool area to be a great place to unwind. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding our in room dining and are sorry that we did not exceed your expectations in this area. We will share your feedback with our management team so we can continue to improve the guest experience. We hope to have a new opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Newport Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Came here for a conference and really enjoyed the venue. The ocean view rooms have substantially better views and are likely worth the extra money if here with you're significant other. I was not upgraded despite my SPG platinum status, but that is expected due to the volume of people here for the conference. The balcony and bathroom were a much needed departure from the standard hotel layout.

SO, why three stars? While the convention center has room for very large groups, the hotel lacks the necessary resources to support them. There is a serious shortage of seating, dining and wireless coverage. We had to leave the property or order room service for lunch. Room service, as expected, was egregiously overpriced. On one occasion, I was charged $3 to bring silverware to the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Karianne A, Guest Services Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear SoCalDoug,
We always appreciate receiving feedback from our Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum members and would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy every aspect of your stay with us. We apologize about the inconveniences you experienced with our dining and our wireless services. We will share your feedback with our management team so we can continue to improve our services for you and future guests. We hope to have a new opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Karianne

Been to Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!