I like Starwood properties, and this Westin is typical in its high-quality service, clean rooms, and tasteful decor. We stayed in a Grand Deluxe full ocean, and the view with its small balcony was excellent. Its beach is easily accessible, with chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas available for rent at a hefty price.
The downside is that most places were crowded: the pools, beach, lobby stores, and especially check-in. I didn't try the pool, partly because it was too crowded like spring break for kids. The area was noisy with loud music.
If you're looking for a quiet retreat, this was not the place to be.
I'm still a big fan of Westin, but I don't think I'll be returning to this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa is a refreshing escape offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Located beachfront in Hollywood, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the AAA Four-Diamond resort's amenitites include 2 pools, private cabanas, watersports, Heavenly Spa by Westin, Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio, Kids Club and 7 onsite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Otel, Travelocity, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort