We arrived from Orlando on July 5 and the lobby area was an absolute mess. It was chaotic, there was no order in the check in process and it took a fair bit of time to check in. If you are SPG Plat, I believe this hotel goes out of its way to upgrade you to a suite. This time my family was upgraded to a corner suite. It was excellent.
We had a few meals at the hotel (beyond using the executive lounge). The meals were pretty good but pricey. I quite like this hotel and generally service is pretty good. But it is a large convention hotel and there are service glitches.
I like the beach area but I was never clear on the lounge chair policy.
Overall, the facilities are excellent. The room we had was great. It was my second stay here and if I return to this area, I would definitely pick this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa is a refreshing escape offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Located beachfront in Hollywood, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the AAA Four-Diamond resort's amenitites include 2 pools, private cabanas, watersports, Heavenly Spa by Westin, Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio, Kids Club and 7 onsite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Travelocity, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort