This was a last minute trip to FL over the 4th of July holiday. Beachfront was non-negotiable and since it was last minute, the smaller places were full. We ended up choosing between the Westin and the Marriott. Obviously we chose the Westin.
The hotel is beautiful.
Staff was friendly enough.
Very nice lobby and it smells wonderful (the Westin scented stuff is great).
Nice rooms and comfortable beds.
Very nice pool and beautiful beach.
Everything is EXPENSIVE. On site restaurants etc. are usually expensive but I felt some of it was a bit ridiculous. Eggs for $18 when you can go down to the Broadwalk and get them for $5.
Parking. I just hate having to pay for parking when I'm paying quite a lot for a room. That aside, the self-parking was easy to use, just $20/day.
No chairs on the beach. To me this is the worst thing about this hotel. To use a beach chair, you have to pay. $12/day for a chair, $18 for an umbrella, and even more for a bed. I'm sorry, I just paid a lot to stay at your hotel and wear your bracelet and now you want me to pay more to sit on the beach?
Nothing nice is done for the guests. As I mentioned, it was July 4th. We walked by the Marriott and they had a grill going. The Westin had nothing. I felt that they could have at least done a little something for the guests.
The location. We like to be active so most days we walked to the Broadwalk, but it's not terribly close by. There is a trolley for $1 each way which stops right at the Westin which is nice, but there's really nothing nearby.
So as my title states, this is a beautiful hotel, but when we return to FL I think i'll choose to stay at one of the smaller beachfront hotels closer to the Broadwalk.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa is a refreshing escape offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Located beachfront in Hollywood, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the AAA Four-Diamond resort's amenitites include 2 pools, private cabanas, watersports, Heavenly Spa by Westin, Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio, Kids Club and 7 onsite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Travelocity, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort