“Fabulous trip” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
“Fabulous trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful hotel with fantastic views. Hotel is on the beautiful beach and has great pools. Cabana options and a great price. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Dave at the front desk made our girls trip very special. Joe in luggage was so friendly and helpful. Stevens and Pablo with the towels and cabanas were so friendly and always checking to make sure we were taken care of. The staff at Splash, the poolside restaurant were great and the food was great. I loved the shrimp mojito salad. And let's not forget Maria in housekeeping who helped our sick friend and went out of her way to help make her feel better. Westin you should be proud of your staff. They made our trip extra special. From rooms 1141 & 1143 on 5/16-5/20.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Karianne A, Guest Services Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Txloyas,
We are excited to hear that you had a fabulous retreat to the Westin. It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed relaxing at the pool and that several of our dedicated ambassadors helped to make you feel at home. We are thrilled to share your feedback with Dave, Joe, and Maria. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

2,354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Was here in May for 3 nights for a work meeting. The food even at the meeting was really good, which is a nice suprise.

Room was nice. I appreciate not being able to hear the guests in the rooms on either side of me. I'm probably the only reviewer who wasn't crazy about the bathroom though. I found the shower to be uncomfortably small.

Also, not sure if anything can be done about this....One day it poured and lots of thunder and lightning. It stopped around midnight. Then starting at about 2 AM, the sliding door leading to the balcony started making like a popping sound every 6 minutes, loud enough to wake me up and keep me awake. After about 30 minutes of this, I cracked the sliding door open, and it stopped. Again,not sure anything can be done about this.

Overall, a great stay though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear emastro,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. It is fantastic to see that you enjoyed your meeting and that you found our banquet options to be tasty. We are sorry about the inconvenience you experienced with you balcony door. We will share your comments with our engineering team so we can ensure all of our guests have a peaceful night sleep. We hope to welcome you back to the resort again soon.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I live in Miami, we work really hard and carry a lot of stress so we decided to get away for the weekend and picked Westin Diplomat Hollywood Beach Resort. It was our first stay ever.

Upon arriving there was a huge mix up with my reservation and they were charging me for an additional night which I didn't request and/or take advantage of. I was so upset (teary-eyed) that our staycation had already started stressing me out when that's what I came here to get away from.

However, Dave in check-in acknowledged it was a sincere mix-up and saw how upset I got and immediately handled the mix-up. I really thought this was going to turn into a phone battle with customer service which is the LAST thing I wanted to deal with.

After we got up to our room (deluxe suite) I immediately was so excited and impressed with our room that I forgot all about it.

Throughout our stay, the facility was so amazing and the staff was incredible and polite and welcoming.

We had another couple friends of ours join us for the day and they literally didn't want to leave. We had the BEST staycation ever.

We will DEFINITELY be back for more weekend get-a-away's.

So glad we chose this resort against others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TaniaBella816,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you stay did not start off well; however we are thrilled to hear that Dave helped to turn your stay into a spectacular one. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and that you found our ambassadors to be very friendly. We hope to welcome you back for another amazing stay.
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

First, I can’t say anything bad about the hotel itself. The hotel is beautiful. If you are looking for a beach front hotel this is a great hotel. The amenities are good. FYI the spa is not on the hotel grounds it is at another location. They have a shuttle bus to take you to the grounds.
My biggest issue with the hotel is their valet services. The worst by far experience. If one is going to pay for valet services then one would expect valet services. The self parking garage is the same price as valet services. Valet is $25.00 and self parking is $20.00 BUT after tax and some other surcharge it ends up being the same price; which I think is a bit misleading. When I first arrived it took about 15- 20 minutes for someone to acknowledge me. There were very few valet attendants. Two attendants walked by my car 3 times before I got out the car and asked if anyone could help me. I had luggage so I needed a bell man to help with my luggage; which took another 10 minutes.
Throughout my stay every time I needed to retrieve my car or drop it off it took at least 15 minutes. Finally, I asked why does it take so long to get any car services; one of the patrons said it’s because there are proms taking place at the hotel; to which I can try to understand however, this does not answer the question on why is there horrible service in the day time hours AND I am quite sure this is not the first prom party that they have had at the Diplomat so they would know to have more staff for said events. Honestly, I was quit disappointed and expected better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Karianne A, Guest Services Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Karin E,
We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the hotel and beach front location. We are also excited to inform you that we will be opening our beautiful new Heavenly Spa in the hotel within the next few weeks. We hope you will have an opportunity to come back to experience it once it is open.
We also wanted to extend our apologies for the inconveniences you had experienced with our valet team. We are truly sorry that you had consistently had longer than normal wait times when retrieving your car. It is very important to us to always provide our guests with friendly and efficient service and we are sorry to hear that is not what you had experienced with our valet services.
We hope you were able to enjoy your overall stay and that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here May 15th through the 19th for our anniversary. I was very impressed with the hotel. The lobby was simply gorgeous. The room was also nice, with a very good view of the ocean. The property is very well maintained, rooms and bath rooms very clean. I was disappointed with the splash restaurant, a bit pricey for what you get. Do plan ahead in your budget for parking, 20.00 a day for self and 26.00 for valet, we did valet which was wonderful, car was always there when we made it down and door always held open for us. I'm planning on another vacation the end of July I will definitely be staying here.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alebay66,
Happy Anniversary! We are thrilled to hear that you had an awesome anniversary with us. It is great to see that you found the lobby to be beautiful and that you found your room to be spectacular. We look forward to welcoming you back in July.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a short and sweet 3 day trip with my wife. Beautiful place with modern fixtures. Room with ample space and nice bathroom. No available upgrades to the Club floor but was offered amenities. Big Club room on 33rd floor spacious balcony overlooking the Atlantic. Picturesque nice location and close to everything. Professional and friendly staff service. Several pools with cabanas and tents at the beach to choose from. Hotel is practically at the beach. Having a grand time.

Stayed May 2013
Karianne A, Guest Services Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Lao V,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your fantastic stay. We are thrilled to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your retreat with us. It is great to see that you enjoyed the Westin Executive Club and that you found our ambassadors to be friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin.
Sullivan, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of April. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Beautiful multilevel pool and beach facilities. Wish I would have booked a cabana for a day. Spacious, clean well appointed rooms. Disappointed by the having to call outside the hotel for customer service when a computer was down in their lobby while trying to print off boarding passes. Staff did arrive 15 minutes later to assist. Business and meeting facilities were top notch and well staffed. Entertained by the hilarious Kathleen Madigan and singer/songwriter Kenny Loggins. Elevators were fast but getting one left a little to be desired. Very busy! Trolley and water taxi service available to check out the surrounding area. Walkway/escalator across the street takes you to the Rivals Sports Bar for a more casual atmosphere and cheaper drinks. Didn't eat in the restaurants at the hotel just the counter service at Ingredients which was great. Overall a wonderful experience.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alysa S,
It is great to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us at the Diplomat. We are happy to hear that you had fun relaxing by the pool in your cabana, and that you enjoyed our Rivals Sports Bar. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Karianne

Been to Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!