I stayed for 4 nights during a recent conference, and I have nothing but great things to say about my experience. Walking into the lobby to check in, I was greeted warmly and sincerely by an older gentleman, the resort "host" I believe. The lobby is beautiful and has an open-air feel thanks to soaring palm trees, fountains and a glass ceiling several stories above. Outdoors on the beach side, the grounds are laid out in a way that is interesting, attractive, and allows people to move about without creating areas that are too crowded.
My room on the 15th floor of the south tower was just absolutely perfect - perfectly designed to complement the beach landscape of the hotel, and impart a feeling of peace and relaxation. The room looked out on the ocean and had a large balcony with sliding glass doors. The furnishings and decor were tasteful and clean. The bathroom was luxurious - beautiful granite counter and ceramic tile floor, great lighting, a spacious stand-up, glass walled shower, a separate soaking tub, and toilet in its own frosted-glass walled space. On the outer wall of the bathroom were sliding panels, which could be opened up so that you could look out into the room...and if you also had the curtains and sliding door open, you could look from the bathroom all the way out across your room to the ocean view, and enjoy the light breeze. What better way to start your day, or get ready for a meeting, than that! I also hope Westin never gets rid of their bathrobes... sooo comfy, they're the best.
My only negative comment about the room was the thermostat and corresponding noise. For some reason you cannot turn the air completely off in your room - the fan runs constantly even if the user chooses OFF. The fan is fairly loud and therefore created an unrelenting white noise effect... I hate white noise and really wished it was possible to just truly turn the system off and enjoy the sound of the waves on the beach, but no such luck.
Room service was prompt, accurate, and reasonably priced compared to typical room service costs at similar hotels. I ate at Rivals and Splash and was happy with both - especially Splash, which sits oceanside. I appreciated that the hostess asked whether I preferred "sun or shade" before seating me at lunchtime, with bright sun overhead.
The conference facilities are very nice - the only small negative is that the layout of smaller meeting rooms was a bit confusing, so it was sometimes difficult to figure out where things were located. After a few conference sessions, this wasn't much of an issue.
I would return here in a heartbeat - it's a beautiful hotel, my room was fabulous, the staff were friendly, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable stay for a conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa is a refreshing escape offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Located beachfront in Hollywood, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the AAA Four-Diamond resort's amenitites include 2 pools, private cabanas, watersports, Heavenly Spa by Westin, Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio, Kids Club and 7 onsite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Otel, Travelocity, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort