My wife and I stayed here while I attended a business conference in the attached convention center. The convention center is first class. The facilities are clean and attractive, the service by the wait staff during lunches and breaks was excellent, as was the food. I would recommend it for anyone planning a conference.
With regard to the hotel, there is no denying it was beautiful and well-kept. We were on the 30th floor, in one of the few rooms with no balcony, overlooking the city. Pretty at night, but in retrospect, would have preferred the beach view. A few small critiques: our bathroom was really nice, loved the shower with optional waterfall shower head or handheld high pressure. However, the shower had a leak somewhere that caused a puddle to form in the attached toilet stall area. Speaking of the toilet, the flush handle seemed to be broken, causing the toilet to run continuously if you didn't manually return the handle to its original position. Again, a minor inconvenience, but worth noting.
My one larger complaint is that I expected more complimentary amenities considering the high price of the hotel. For example, in room high speed Internet (wired or wireless) cost a minimum of $12.95 per day, with a data limit! I can get free wireless internet at a highway motel, why not at this expensive resort?? Also, the hotel's parking garage across the street was NOT free for hotel guests. There was a machine at the gate to swipe a room key but it didn't do anything. So it seems like at one time, they offered free parking. I checked with the concierge and she confirmed they do not validate. The coffee maker in the room provided a limited number of complimentary cups of coffee. If you want more, there's a "nominal" fee. We didn't bother to find out what it was. The pools were great. Warm and comfortable, with free lounge chairs to enjoy at poolside. However, if you want a beach chair or umbrella to use on the beach, there was a rental fee. Otherwise, sit on a towel. I was just dismayed to see such an expensive hotel nickel and diming (rather, $5 and $10ing) for things that more economy resorts provide for free. And, as is the case through most of Hollywood, FL, the hotel restaurants were prohibitively expensive without a company expense account. Only their sports bar, Rivals, across the street, was "reasonable," by which I mean, a total two person bill under $100.
Overall, we enjoyed the trip, but had my company not paid the bill, I would not be staying here, especially with my kids in tow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa is a refreshing escape offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Located beachfront in Hollywood, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the AAA Four-Diamond resort's amenitites include 2 pools, private cabanas, watersports, Heavenly Spa by Westin, Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio, Kids Club and 7 onsite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Otel, Odigeo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort