This is the second time I have visited the Westin hollywood for a conference. On that front the hotel does well as it has great conference facilities and it is a very large hotel that can accomodate large groups. The downside is that when checking in/out at the beginning or end of the conference there can be long lines and slow service. The SPG platinum service line attends to all customers and while I credit staff for their individual attentiveness to patrons they need to be more cognizant of speed of service when there are long lines of customers waiting for help. This is a managerial problem that the hotel just doesn't have enough check in staff. Surely this is foreseeable when the hotel knows they have a large conference booked the following day.
The in house restaurants are nice and the pools are great for kids.
The hotel is nice but the surrounding area of Hollywood FL looks old and run down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa is a refreshing escape offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Located beachfront in Hollywood, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the AAA Four-Diamond resort's amenitites include 2 pools, private cabanas, watersports, Heavenly Spa by Westin, Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio, Kids Club and 7 onsite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Otel, Odigeo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort