Beautiful hotel with a great location right on the long, white beach. Fast and courteous check in, room was very functional, spacious and clean with a wrap around terrace (stayed on the Club level). A/C unit was a bit noisy coming on though, especially when you were trying to sleep.
2 great pools, one with partially glass floor looking down at the "bottom" one, plenty of chairs, towels, even complimentary cold lemonade around the "top" pool to cool you off. And even though this is considered the high season, there were plenty of available chairs on the beach as well. Lifequard was on beach duty through the day, beach volleyball set up, skidoo rental spot a short walk down the beach, which by the way was cleaned and "levelled" every morning.
Breakfast buffet is the best bet - small but with relatively good variety and made to order eggs, omelettes and wafers. Had a great dinner at the HP steak house on site - for something more casual just walk across the walkaway to the sports bar and enjoy some wings, oysters or other munchies while watching some nice boats passing by, watch sports on tv's or shoot some pool.
Small store and coffee bar are just off the main lobby as well.
For shopping, there is a large indoor mall (Aventura) 10 minute cab ride away, for entertainment: Gulfstream complex also about 10 min (shops, restaurants, small casino). Hard Rock Hotel and Casino ( a large one, Vegas style), about 20 min. cab ride.
For golfers - hotel has a pretty good course with shuttle from the main entrance.
For relaxation: a Spa, few minutes a way.
Went there for a conference - plenty of meeting rooms of various sizes. All set up went without a glitch, catering was flawless, couldn't find any faults despite 2 other large conferences taking place at the same time.
The only thing: elevators in the South Tower were pretty noisy, almost like cables slapping against each other. Few times people I was with were looking at the ceiling wondering if we will get stuck...
All in all, a really good spot for either a business meeting or family vacation. Will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa, Hollywood, Florida is located on the Atlantic Ocean close to two major airports, our 898 guest rooms and 100 suites feature stylish and soothing beach tones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort