“Living in the hotel in a biz trip.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
5th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
“Living in the hotel in a biz trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I arrived and lived in the hotel 4 days without going out as I attended an event.
The room is confortable and the doors from the terraze are solid quiet so you can rest.
It has a nice ocean view. Nice lobby. Good service. Fast food delivery for the room.
You can take a bath watching the ocean.
Good internet connections.
The good thing is that it has a big place for events right next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you can avoid noise from the pool or traffic.
Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Karianne A, Guest Services Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear mellizos2011,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your business trip here at the Diplomat. It is great to see that you found your room to be comfortable and that you enjoyed the ocean views. We hope to see you at the Westin again soon.

Karianne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I Love this hotel, especially when I can get a hot rate on Hotwire! Customer service is A-1. Enjoyed the beach, the bar, the pool, hot tub, waterfall, and the lobby! . It was a fantastic romantic get-a-way! Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: High floor with oceanview
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Leslie J,

It is great to see that you found your stay at the Diplomat to be relaxing and renewing. It is fantastic to see that your romantic getaway was one to remember and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Diplomat in the future.

Best wishes,

Plainview, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during Christmas break. The pool was nice, the lobby impressive and the rooms certainly adequate. One thing I didn't like was that all the food was the same during the day. Didn't matter where you went in the hotel, all the food was the same. Strange for a big resort. You ate outside...burger, salad, sandwich. You ate anywhere inside, same burger, salad, sandwich. Funny, we waited until the sushi place opened at 3 just so we could have some variety. They told us that they open at 5 for the more expansive Japanese restaurant, but until 5, we could have a burger, salad or sandwich!! Also, I put up with the wristbands and, of course, I had to cut it off my kids wrists before sleep. The next day, you had to wait on line for a new wristband. It was the Orange Bowl hotel so the line was long. The other people like the concierge refused to assist in just getting a wristband. Punishing me for cutting the wristband off my kids' wrists.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Emmacarn,

We thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed relaxing by the pool area and that you found your room to be comfortable. We appreciate your comments regarding our restaurants. We will use your feedback to help us find new ways to enhance our guest’s experience. We are sorry to hear that you found the wrist bands to be an inconvenience. During holidays we require our guests to wear the wrist bands for everyone’s safety and security which is our number one priority. They help us to reserve the pool area for registered guests of the hotel so we can try to maximize our guests experience while staying at our resort.
We hope to have a new opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Westin Diplomat is one of a kind hotel!!! I stayed with my girlfriend from December 16th-21st in an oceanview room and it was the best room I've ever stayed at, and I travel quite a lot. The most amazing thing was to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the ocean! It was breathtaking! It is definitely worth paying a little extra for the oceanview room!

The stuff was very helpful and understanding! Especially front desk agents and concierge. The only negative service I experienced with the bell desk and valet parking personel, as they gave out the vibe of being a little to greedy and arrogant. Everytime I asked for anything even a little small thing such as to store my ipad at their desk for a few hours just because I didn't want to take my ipad to the pool area with me or carry it back to the room, they gave me kind of dirty looks and it seemed like they expected to get tipped for it. I have no problem tipping for services, and I am actually a very generous tipper, but I dont like to be pushed into doing it, especially for something so small. Besides that, the stuff was amazing, very friendly and helpful!

The location is great, unless you want to visit South Beach and Miami, as it is a bit of a drive, on average about 20-30 minutes depending on a time of day. Also, if you are a young traveler or a young couple and want to go dancing, then be prepared to dish out around $40-$60 one way for a cab ride to the closest entertainment district. The best thing about the hotel's location is the fact that WalMart and the Liquor store is just 10 minute walk from the hotel. You can also rent a car at Hertz dealership, which is located right across the hotel, their prices are more or less fair, but keep in mind that they do get busy and I suggest booking a car at least a day in advance.

Another great thing that I wanted to mention is the Bar by the pool, the food is INCREDIBLE! We ate there every day for lunch and we tried everything on the menu and were pleasantly suprised with the high quality of food and decent portions. We also tried the Links Restaurant at the Golf location and it is very romantic, especially during the evening time. We sat on a patio and enjoyed the sound of the fountain. The meal was delicious and the service was very attentive and detail oriented. Also, my friend usually never swims at the pool as she thinks pools are dirty and always too crowded. This hotel has 2 huge pools and both of them are very well kept, so we never even made it to the beach :)

Overall, our trip to Westin Diplomat was one of the best ones we ever took! Such a luxurious hotel, especially the lobby!!! We will definitely come back in the next few months!!:)

Room Tip: Definitely upgarde to an ocean view room, you won't regret it ! :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Cassy K,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience with us. It is great to see that you enjoyed your room as well as our pool oasis. We are happy to learn that you found our front desk and concierge ambassadors to be helpful and friendly. It is also wonderful to see that you had an excellent meal at Splash. We hope to see you at the Diplomat again soon.

Warm regards,

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel, with the exception of the hold on our card for incidentals. I'll explain below.

The hotel is located in a great location -- private beach, infiniti pool, private cabanas... it doesn't get any better than that! The room was perfect with modern decor and a spacious shower and more than enough room to get ready.

What I loved was the walk way between the hotel and the restaraunts across the street.

The only negative to the hotel was when we checked in, they had a $50 hold on our card for incidentals that lasted about a week, which I didn't appreciate.

Other than that, the restaraunt has excellent food (I recommend the eggs benedict!) and the outdoor experience is to die for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lauren L,

It was a pleasure welcoming you to the Diplomat for your honeymoon getaway. It is fantastic to see that you found your accommodations to be comfortable and that you enjoyed relaxing in our outdoor areas. Congratulations and we hope to see you at the resort again soon.

Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our family of 4 booked the Westin Diplomat 4 months ago for the BCS Championship. At the time we did not even think about asking if the hotel was intending to host one of the college teams. When we arrived, we were surprised to see Notre Dame banners flying! We entered finding out that the Westin was indeed the host hotel to Notre Dame....our daughter attends The University of Alabama!! So, needless to say, it was quite an interesting 5 days.
The hotel is beautiful, spotless and a great location. The cleaning staff was always able to accommodate our requested service times. The guys on the beach, especially Adrian and Johann (sp?), were so very kind and helpful- such class and professionalism. The Splash staff was friendly and fast!
Although "we" were not part of the group they were hosting, the staff certainly helped make our stay a bit more comfortable and we appreciate that! ROLL TIDE!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear paigec,

It is exciting to learn that you and your family enjoyed your time with us during the BCS Championship game. We are happy to see that you found our facilities to be top notch and that our ambassadors helped to make your stay refreshing and renewing. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My mom and I spent 5 nights here for a quick little gals' trip. We used cash + points, so we knew we wouldn't have an overly impressive room. Still, the room was large and comfortable.

We planned on lounging by the pool/on the beach for the week, and that is what we did. Neither of us appreciated that the only way to get an umbrella at the pool was by renting a cabana for the day (over $200 I believe). I am fine spending money for some shade, but hello skin cancer! Would it kill the resort to have some umbrellas available for those of us who don't want our faces to look like old handbags by the time we turn 40? Instead, we spent our days at the beach. There we rented two chairs and two umbrellas. The beach chair rentals are not run by the resort, and the guys who work there (Lee and Adrian) are great. They are helpful and help rearrange the chairs when the sun moves, etc. Unfortunately, the restaurant servers who DO work for the Westin aren't quite as responsive. Some days people work the beach, and other days you must stalk someone at the restaurant to order lunch. It isn't the biggest deal, but it isn't the service I expect from a 'resort'.

Given that we just went down for a quick trip rather than a real vacation, the things that were lacking here didn't bother us too much. Were this my main vacation for the year I would have probably reacted differently!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear NoraNJtoLondon,

We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us. It is wonderful to see that your overall retreat with us was a relaxing one. We are sorry that we fell below your expectations in regards to service on the pool deck. We do take all reviews very serisously and will be sharing your information with our management so we can be sure to resolve the issues you had shared with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Best wishes,

Karianne

Been to Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!