Westin Diplomat is one of a kind hotel!!! I stayed with my girlfriend from December 16th-21st in an oceanview room and it was the best room I've ever stayed at, and I travel quite a lot. The most amazing thing was to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the ocean! It was breathtaking! It is definitely worth paying a little extra for the oceanview room!
The stuff was very helpful and understanding! Especially front desk agents and concierge. The only negative service I experienced with the bell desk and valet parking personel, as they gave out the vibe of being a little to greedy and arrogant. Everytime I asked for anything even a little small thing such as to store my ipad at their desk for a few hours just because I didn't want to take my ipad to the pool area with me or carry it back to the room, they gave me kind of dirty looks and it seemed like they expected to get tipped for it. I have no problem tipping for services, and I am actually a very generous tipper, but I dont like to be pushed into doing it, especially for something so small. Besides that, the stuff was amazing, very friendly and helpful!
The location is great, unless you want to visit South Beach and Miami, as it is a bit of a drive, on average about 20-30 minutes depending on a time of day. Also, if you are a young traveler or a young couple and want to go dancing, then be prepared to dish out around $40-$60 one way for a cab ride to the closest entertainment district. The best thing about the hotel's location is the fact that WalMart and the Liquor store is just 10 minute walk from the hotel. You can also rent a car at Hertz dealership, which is located right across the hotel, their prices are more or less fair, but keep in mind that they do get busy and I suggest booking a car at least a day in advance.
Another great thing that I wanted to mention is the Bar by the pool, the food is INCREDIBLE! We ate there every day for lunch and we tried everything on the menu and were pleasantly suprised with the high quality of food and decent portions. We also tried the Links Restaurant at the Golf location and it is very romantic, especially during the evening time. We sat on a patio and enjoyed the sound of the fountain. The meal was delicious and the service was very attentive and detail oriented. Also, my friend usually never swims at the pool as she thinks pools are dirty and always too crowded. This hotel has 2 huge pools and both of them are very well kept, so we never even made it to the beach :)
Overall, our trip to Westin Diplomat was one of the best ones we ever took! Such a luxurious hotel, especially the lobby!!! We will definitely come back in the next few months!!:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa is a refreshing escape offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intracoastal Waterway. Located beachfront in Hollywood, between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the AAA Four-Diamond resort's amenitites include 2 pools, private cabanas, watersports, Heavenly Spa by Westin, Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio, Kids Club and 7 onsite restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Otel, Travelocity, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort