This is a beautiful hotel, the Staff is great--EVERYTHING is a la carte and expensive. They do not replenish amenities--even for a stay of several days and even if you select the option to have your room serviced (they have a "green" option that you do not have your room serviced and you can save $5 a day--we didn't select it). By the 4th day, the shower soap was about the size of a postage stamp.
The "partial ocean view" was a view of the building next door--they also had a view of us. Don't pay extra for a partial ocean view unless it is the first room in from the ocean front of the hotel. We couldn't see any ocean without leaning over the 12th floor balcony. Not a good option.
Also, the beach is closed in the evenings through October due to nesting turtles (we didn't see any). Combined with the afternoon thunder storms, this makes for a limited opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the location.
The food and bar service are expensive for anyone on a budget--drinks are @ $12 and a hamburger is $15 ($4 more if you want fries and this doesn't include drink, tax and tip).
Our room had plumbing issues for several days and they were very slow to respond. The concierge desk was great except for one woman that was condescending.
Recommendations: An eclectic local restaurant called Tubs (definitely a local place and extremely casual in a Gilligan's Island sort of way). They are supposed to have one of the best burgers around but the catch of the day was great. Giorgios bakery has Greek items--both have bayside seating--casual and nice at sunset. American Pie (pizza) near the Casino was good (by the slice) if you are on a tight budget).
Also recommend kayaking at Aleto Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa, Hollywood, Florida is located on the Atlantic Ocean close to two major airports, our 898 guest rooms and 100 suites feature stylish and soothing beach tones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Diplomat Hotel Hollywood
- Westin Diplomat Resort
- Westin Hollywood
- The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
- Hollywood Westin Diplomat Resort