“Fabulous Beachfront Location with Incredible Pool Area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Austin
“Fabulous Beachfront Location with Incredible Pool Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This was a Hotwire purchase for my husband and me. We stayed here for a night after my business conference ended in Weston, Florida, because I wanted a night at a beachfront location. This hotel was an absolute bargain for the price, and it did not disappoint. The room was simply gorgeous with no attention to detail spared in either decor, furnishing, or fixtures. We also had a balcony, on which we enjoyed complimentary coffee and a beautiful view in the morning, all in our pajamas. The exterior of the hotel and lobby area were modern and upscale, with fountains in both locations, and there were literally 6 bellhops readily available to open doors. More exclusivity came when we exited the back revolving doors into the pool/beach area. A security guard asked to see our room key, and I appreciated that only registered, paying guests were allowed to enjoy the incredible pool/beach area. There were a couple of pools. On the upper deck was an ultra modern pool with water that seemed to disappear over the black edges. The other, on the lower deck, meandered underneath a walkway creating a 'tunnel" effect, and it also had a waterfall of water splashing upon it. In the downstairs pool area, as well as on the beach, glass containers of water with the visible flavoring of fresh lemons, limes, and pineapple, were available for guests. We enjoyed the white, sandy beach, and swam in the ocean for a long time before returning to the restful loungers on the upper pool deck for reading pleasure. Again, no attention to detail was spared in the pool and beach areas, and we felt like royalty enjoying an expensive spa day. I would come back to Hollywood Beach just to stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Westin-Diplomat-Mgr, Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Hello Cmjcc,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am delighted to learn you chose The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa for your beach front getaway after a conference in South Florida. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us as well; the pool area is certainly one of our guest’s favorite features as it offers ample space to relax and enjoy the beautiful South Florida weather.

We look forward to welcome you back soon!

2,305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I love this hotel. It has a great location close to both Fort Lauderdale and Miami Airports, convenient to most everything in south Florida. The rooms are clean, not the largest Westin rooms i've stayed in, but fit the bill with nice balcony. You can stay here for a long weekend without even leaving the resort if you need to, as the hotel has five restaurants and several bars. The lobby is large and has tons of seating, so you can hang out and read or spend time on your laptop - if you don't want to be in the sun or in your room. There are multiple pools with plenty of seating. I really like this hotel and will definitely be back. The only downside is the cost, a room here is not cheap and you must pay to park as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Westin-Diplomat-Mgr, Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Hello Vg411973,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit to The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa. Your description of our hotel is great and we truly enjoy learning from our guests and their experiences in our resort.

We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Be Well,

Gun Barrel City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

We spent four days at the hotel and had a GREAT time. The entire staff was professional and personable. A special shout out to Demis who treated our family as if we were royalty. Thanks Demis, I think my granddaughter is in love with you.........

We had a special birthday dinner at Hollywood Prime and thought we had died and gone to heaven. The steaks melt in your mouth.

We have fun memories and some great photos. Thanks Westin, we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ocean view room was the best for sunrise views
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hello Stiles2,

WOW is all I can say! thank you for sharing such candid review with us, it is wonderful to learn that you and your family had such an amazing time in the resort and that Demis made all the difference for your daughters birthday celebration.

We can't wait to see you back soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed here for one night this past week and it was such a nice hotel we wished we could stay longer. We had taken a redeye from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale and arrived at the hotel at around 7:30 AM and we were greeted very warmly and told that it would be no problem to check in early and they had a room available for us. We had booked the hotel blindly on Hotwire just wanting a place to relax for a day before we drove to Key West and it could not have gone any better.

We were given a very nice room on a high floor with a view of the waterway. It was pretty close to the elevators but not once did we hear any noise. It was a large room with a king bed, sofa, desk, flat screen, and corner windows. The bed was extremely comfortable and it was as if we got 2 nights for the price of one as we almost immediately crashed out when we got there for around 3 hours and when we woke up we went straight for the pool and beach, which were both pretty great as well.

We loved the water temperature in the pool and it was fun with the multi-level pool and see through floor on the higher pool. It had direct access to a very nice beach and we were in able to spend the day alternating between the beach and the pool. We ate at the Splash restaurant by the pool and had a great lunch. The only real downside I can think of about the pool area is that it was in the shadow of the hotel by 3 PM, but at that point if you want sun you can still find some down on the beach.

The bathroom was a little different but they made great use of the space to put in a tub that was separate from the shower, which was in its own frosted glass stall next to a separate one for the toilet. It was spacious and bright.

We valet parked our car for $25 and the service was great and very quick.

Everyone we encountered at the hotel went out of their way to be friendly and helpful and we can't say enough about the hospitality at the Westin Diplomat. We will most definitely be staying here again in the future.

Hello MichaelRinck,

What an awesome review. We are so happy to learn you have discovered your new home away from home in South Florida. On behalf of our entire team of ambassadors, thank you for your complimentary words.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and enjoy your company for a little longer than one day :)

Live well,

Howell, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

From the moment your bags are carried into the Diplomat the service is top notch. Every employee we were in contact was friendly and helpful.

The Diplomat is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are spacious and modern The mattress was so comfortable we checked the law label to see what brand and style it was.

The lobby was amazing and the pool area were tremendous!

The only cons were parking for parking and the removal of pool towels if the attendants thought you left the pool area.

Hello Ledzep1061!

Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled you had an amazing time during your visit to The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa.

We can't wait to welcome you back soon!
Live fully,

Tulum, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

That is if you count the reflection of the ocean on the building next door.

We took a last minute vacation. The hotel was booked as a package, so I am not sure what the room cost was.

Pros:
Oceanfront property with clean wide private beach
Beautifully landscaped
Beatifully designed swimming pools.
Cabanas available
Stunning lobby with fountains, Trees and natural flowers. Beautiful artwork
Outdoor and indoor dining. Fine restaurants, coffee shop, outdoor poolside dining.
Parking across the street wtih covered walkway.
Self-parkingfree with our package (list price $20/day)
Room nice size. Partial ocean view with balcony.
Well kept, attractive, nice sized room
Marble baths
Comfortable bed,
Quiet air conditioner which stops when sliding balcony door is open.
Large LCD TV
Staff attentive to problems with the room

Cons:
We requested a balcony on the ocean and was not told we would not be able to see the ocean from our partial ocean view room. We paid $20 to move to a full ocean view room.
The room required some repairs which were repaired after we called. This included the sliding doors exposing the bathroom one of which came off the slide. The safe would not lock and the toilet flushed perpetually.
Gratuity included in bill for outdoor restaurant. This was done without verbal warning. It is commonly done in the area but I have double-tipped on occasion when not warned.
Cabanas $150 and $250 per day
Pool closes 7 PM, It looks so beautiful lit at night and would be nice if it remained open.
An iPod player would be nice.

Room Tip: Recommend the full ocean view balcony rooms
Hello SeaviewKing15,

Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted to know that your visit to The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa was a comfortable one. I'm sorry if you original room did not provide you with an ocean view, but I am happy to learn that our team was able to find a full ocean front view for you at a nominal fee.

Thank you for recognizing our ambassadors as attentive, we are fortunate to have 900 plus ambassadors that are always looking for ways to go above and beyond for our guests.

We look forward to a new opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

The facility is gorgeous- beautiful airy lobby, comfortable spacious rooms, amazing pool area. But the service is just average (and below average for this level of resort).

Requested a feather-free bed when I arrived in my room. They assured me housekeeping was on the way. 10 minutes later, the phone rings. "We just wanted to confirm that you wanted your linens changed." Um, yes, I didn't change my mind or lose my allergies in the last 10 minutes. Oh yes, sorry, we're on our way. 10 more minutes. I call them. "Oh sorry, we'll be there momentarily." I wouldn't have minded it so much if it wasn't already 11pm and I wanted to go to bed!

The day of check-out, I requested a late check-out at the suggestion of a colleague who was told she could leave at 1pm (instead of noon)...since I had a late flight, I asked as well. They asked my room number, looked me up in the computer and then said, "Oh no, we're not doing any late checkouts." Me: "Really? Because my friend just got one." "Oh, we're not doing them anymore." Look, I don't mind it if you can't do a late check-out, that's fine. Just be consistent.

The conference service was great- perhaps it is a different staff? But I was especially disappointed in the hotel staff since I expected more from a place with strong union ties.

The food was great- especially for a conference. Lots of variety and attentive service.

All-in-all, the place is just beautiful...and I'd consider going again just for that (and knowing the service is going to be below par).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Westin-Diplomat-Mgr, Manager at Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Dear Tarheelgirl80,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am happy to learn that you found the hotel to be nice and well appointed; it is great to know that our guests enjoy both our hotel facilities as well as our conference services.
I'm sorry for the delay in getting your room prepared for you and the items replaced as requested as well as the availability of late check outs. We do our very best to ensure we can accommodate as many guests as possible and I am sorry our front desk team did not have any additional late check outs available when you inquired about it. I can assure you our team takes pride on their jobs and are always looking ways to exceed our guest’s expectations.

I hope we will have a new opportunity to welcome you back and truly enjoy the world class service our resort is known for.

Be Well,

Gabby M.

Been to Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!