“a true gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
miami
“a true gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had friends in town and wanted to treat them to a great new place.. Our friends ordered the mussels and we ordered the sole. What a lovely meal. The restaurant is cozy. The setting is perfect for conversation. We are ready to come back and have recommended the restaurant to friends.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jupiter, fl
“Verry cute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was so excited to try this place based on recommendations from a couple of locals. I had one of their specialties, muscles in a Dijon sauce. OMG she brought out a mountain of them! served with home made fries and a glass of wine and French bread for $17.50.Could not resist ordering the French onion soup. glad I did it was very good. I tried my hardest to eat everything but couldn't and I can put away some food and was pretty hungry. next time I'm starting with desert.

Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
“Like Being in France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Amazing place. The food is flawless and the service outstanding. I heard that people complained about the decor. If this were in France, you would be rating it five stars! Keep up the great work.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MD
“Great value, lovely proprietors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We tried this due to TripAdvisor reviews and a coupon. Even without the coupon this was a great value, and such a nice owner/server. We had mussels (huge portion) with frites, chicken cordon bleu, and dover sole. We cleaned our plates. This unpretentious, tidy bistro was full of diners on a Thursday evening; we had to wait awhile for our meal but since we were on vacation we weren't in a hurry and enjoyed a nice bottle of wine while waiting. The proprietor apologetic; all the diners seemed happy (mainly senior citizens since Hollywood is a magnet for snowbirds). Street parking or there is a reasonably priced municipal garage a few blocks away.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Remarkable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

For New Years Eve my husband and often dine k at Billy's. This year we opted to find a sane rest in our neighborhood. We discovered a gem on Harrison St.

We walked in and immediately the couple sitting at the first table raved on their meal. The owner, Celine, greeted us and we sat at a beautiful set table. A basket of crusty French bread was immediately bought to our table along with water and lemon.

We ordered champagne. Unable to resist the onion soup I ordered it and oh! My bought me back to Paris. My husband ordered the escargot, I sampled one and decadent, as an Entree he ordered the Mussels -- a multitude of mussels Celine bought to my husband. The best !

I ordered Fillet of Sole which came with four amazing vegetables which included beets and also
Onion rice. At 105 lbs that my frame carries I was able to consume perhaps one quarter. I did take carry out, although it still remains in the fridge.

May I add that a tray of complimentary cheese bites which included Brie was also bought to the table. If you eat small, we recommend don't order appetizers.

My Entree was simply decadent at 14.95 ???? For sole?

Creme Boule was perfect size.
The food at LE Comptoir was exquisite and parking on Beautiful Van Buren St. Was free.
Attention to detail and abundance of character. loved,Loved it. No full bar and good beer and wine.

Celine is from Paris and is the perfect host without being over bearing.

We are inviting our best friend who is from Belgium. We are certain she'll approve.

• Visited December 2012