“Like Being in France” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Like Being in France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Amazing place. The food is flawless and the service outstanding. I heard that people complained about the decor. If this were in France, you would be rating it five stars! Keep up the great work.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
MD
“Great value, lovely proprietors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We tried this due to TripAdvisor reviews and a coupon. Even without the coupon this was a great value, and such a nice owner/server. We had mussels (huge portion) with frites, chicken cordon bleu, and dover sole. We cleaned our plates. This unpretentious, tidy bistro was full of diners on a Thursday evening; we had to wait awhile for our meal but since we were on vacation we weren't in a hurry and enjoyed a nice bottle of wine while waiting. The proprietor apologetic; all the diners seemed happy (mainly senior citizens since Hollywood is a magnet for snowbirds). Street parking or there is a reasonably priced municipal garage a few blocks away.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Remarkable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

For New Years Eve my husband and often dine k at Billy's. This year we opted to find a sane rest in our neighborhood. We discovered a gem on Harrison St.

We walked in and immediately the couple sitting at the first table raved on their meal. The owner, Celine, greeted us and we sat at a beautiful set table. A basket of crusty French bread was immediately bought to our table along with water and lemon.

We ordered champagne. Unable to resist the onion soup I ordered it and oh! My bought me back to Paris. My husband ordered the escargot, I sampled one and decadent, as an Entree he ordered the Mussels -- a multitude of mussels Celine bought to my husband. The best !

I ordered Fillet of Sole which came with four amazing vegetables which included beets and also
Onion rice. At 105 lbs that my frame carries I was able to consume perhaps one quarter. I did take carry out, although it still remains in the fridge.

May I add that a tray of complimentary cheese bites which included Brie was also bought to the table. If you eat small, we recommend don't order appetizers.

My Entree was simply decadent at 14.95 ???? For sole?

Creme Boule was perfect size.
The food at LE Comptoir was exquisite and parking on Beautiful Van Buren St. Was free.
Attention to detail and abundance of character. loved,Loved it. No full bar and good beer and wine.

Celine is from Paris and is the perfect host without being over bearing.

We are inviting our best friend who is from Belgium. We are certain she'll approve.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hollywood, Fl.
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Tried this place with a coupon and will definitely go back. Atmosphere, service, food were great. (Best french fries I've ever had.)

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Le Comptoir is a gem - c'est tres bien!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband, daughter & I dined at Le Comptoir last Friday evening. We had purchased a Groupon for it after seeing an excellent local restaurant review. Now we can't wait to return! My husband had mussels in a Provencale sauce and I had them in a traditional white wine sauce. Both came with freshly cut and perfectly seasoned frites. The portions were generous and the sauces were absolutely delicious. Our daughter had the strip steak which was perfectly cooked and flavorful. We shared the escargot appetizer which was terrific. Also, we really enjoyed dipping the warm french bread into the olive oil and herbes de provence that are kept on the table...mmm! We ordered a bottle of French merlot for only $19. The prices are reasonable and the food is excellent. Everything is fresh and cooked to perfection. Our waiter was very helpful and service was attentive. The restaurant is a block away from the hubbub of Hollywood Blvd, and a nice respite from the action. Parking is nearby in one of the city garages. There is outdoor dining on the sidewalk or in the nicely decorated dining room. The bar looked very inviting as well. Highly recommend and can't wait to return!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Le Comptoir? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Le Comptoir, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.