“Good option along the Hollywood Downtown stretch.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 479 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Diner, Italian, Russian, Romanian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: An elegant space awaits where you can expect an inviting, inspired, enjoyable and relaxed atmosphere featuring an earthy palette of walnut and cherry woods, natural brick walls, leather booths, sleek modern furniture, and original artwork. This unique mix of contemporary and traditional art and architectural finishes in classic indoor and outdoor spaces, paired with our exceptional cuisine and engaging staff, serves to excite the senses and ensure the quality of memorable downtown Hollywood Florida (FL) dining experiences all year-round.
miami
“Good option along the Hollywood Downtown stretch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

As we were strolling along on a comfortable evening we were looking at the menus on most of the restaurants along the stretch of downtown Hollywood Blvd. As the the three persons in our party were very fond of Italian cuisine, I am not a fan. However, the evening was nice for a diner on the open. We were told all the dishes (pastas) are home made and only use fresh ingredients. The place had a good crowd ,so we assumed it was good. Our server taking the order was prompt and polite. We ordered a couple glasses of wine, a Peroni and ice tea. (My brother is not a drinker).The bread and the tapennade were great, but better yet ,the waiter who brought it to the table. He was beyond awesome. We ordered two appetizers, eggplant parmigiana, and mozzarella. Both were good, not extraordinary, a tad on the acidic side. Baked Gnocchi, a generous portion. The gnocchi were tender. A Salmon alla Vendetta, with a delicate good sized (maybe 7 oz ) chunk of salmon over a bed of saute spinach . The NY Strip I ordered with mashed potatoes and vegetable was cooked as ordered. The vegetable were frozen, not fresh. It was the only disappointment of the night. My wife had Ravioli stuffed with ricotta and Salmon in pink sauce, it was very good. We had not room for desserts, so no comment on that. The check came out to $150 tip included which we found to be reasonable.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
“reminds me of home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

omg all the food was delicious! I went there with friends everybody enjoyed each single byte of all the dishes we have ordered! I've been in us almost three years and never liked the food as I did here.. everything else is mediocre.. but La Vendetta is the best! it really reminds me of home and my mom's cooking! we were looking for a decent restaurant for 2 hours when my cousin recalled about this one! I knew it would be good but I didn't think it would be so good! I'll be back there for sure!

“Soooooo good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Delicious! The calamari was recommended and did not disappoint....best that I've had. The Italian food is rich and authentic. We brought our kids and our boys got the chick strips which were also fresh and delicious. The service could have been friendlier, but the food made up for it.

• Visited July 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome authentic Italian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Some of the best Italian food I have ever had! The lasagna was incredible. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food, great prices and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I liked this restaurant so much I ate there twice. Once on the day that I arrived in Fort Lauderdale and another time on the day I have left from Fort Lauderdale. The only way I knew about this restaurant was because of my friend who lives in the area.
The restaurant serves Romanian dishes as well as some Italian dishes I believe, but we decided to try something different so we went for the Romanian dishes. Neither of us was too hungry so we just had some light meals and the famous (among Romanians anyway) dish called Papanashi (see attached photo) which was delicious.
I found the prices very reasonable, the atmosphere and service was great as well and I have no complaints whatsoever.
I recommend this restaurant 100% and next time when I will be in the area I will be eating there again for sure.

• Visited April 2013