“Worst Hotel! Managers are horrible!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Sheldon to your Saves list
Hotel Sheldon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 North Surf Road, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #29 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
“Worst Hotel! Managers are horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was my worst nightmare! The rooms are nasty/not clean! Hair in the bed,hair in the bathroom, bugs under the bed, trash left in the rooms! When we asked why all that stuff was left there. Their response was, "you guys did it". How immature of them, this hotel is a wreck! The ceilings look as if you are in prison! The hallways have multiple different surfaces/very dirty! Walls are paper thin! Lastly, the front desk workers are nice and all and believe you...but there is a Latino manager that blames everything on you and refuses to help! So if you book this hotel, be prepared to sleep in the room...no matter what condition it is in! They will charge you if you ask to leave! Also, huge fee if you have more that two people! Beware!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Livonia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Sheldon for 4 nights. We stayed in one of the Oceanfront rooms with a balcony, I would highly recommend one of these 2 rooms if available. The hotel is basic, clean, at the location on the boardwalk was great. And we found the staff to be friendly and accomadating. We found a few restaurants nearby that where great, the trolley pickup and drop off stop is right next door, there is a stage on the beach next door as well with concerts every night. There is also a Broward County bike rental station next door which we took advantage of a few times during our stay.
The walls are thin. We did have an issue with noise a couple of the nights, the room across the hall form us was hosting a party, there had to have been at least 20 people. We did call the front desk around 11pm and the noise almost immediately stopped.
There elevator didn't work a couple of the evenings we where there. It wasn't a big deal for us but if there was a handicapped person in your party it would be an issue.
We enjoyed our stay, I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Oceanfront with balcony. It's worth the little extra!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

If you stay here, you have to ask for the renovated rooms. They are not the best in the city, but the best if you must stay right on the beach. Comfy, good AC and large shower. All in all , I will return here again.

Room Tip: You must ask for the renovated rooms, or you will be sorry. That place is a work in progress but com...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Location of this resort is perfect..directly on the broad walk and steps from tons of restaurants and bars. You do get what you pay for though, and for such little money directly on the beach, you are paying for location but not necessarily the best room. Our room was not facing the ocean, so very inexpensive, but did feel like you were staying in a penitentiary for the night. Dark, small and felt a little dirty. Location was so good you could overlook a lot, but if you are staying in Hollywood for more than a night or two, it might be better to spend a little more for some added comfort and amenities.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Folsom Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Sheldon on March 26-April1, 2013. It is a older hotel, but it was so clean. There is some remodeling going on. Brenda at the front desk (and it is a desk in the front) was fantastic. Nothing fancy, but very clean. Broadwalk is right outside hotel doors and there are so many neat restaurants right there. The beach is right outside the doors also. Beach was very nice, hotel has towels and beach chairs for guest to use. The only draw back is there was no pool. So if you want a clean, non fancy hotel, this is it. I would go back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am an advid Trip Advisor user. At times when I accompany my husband on a business trip, I try to find a reasonable property with a location that provides me with things to busy myself while he is working. While researching hotels in the Hollywood, FL area, I came across the Hotel Sheldon. The reviews were mostly good, however, there were a few that worried me a bit. However, the location and value are what intrigued me the most.
Located directly on the infamous Hollywood boardwalk/beach I thought this would be perfect for me to enjoy.
Let me just say that the hotel, while still under some renovation is a wonderful up and coming property. At the last minute, after re-reading the reviews, I decided to upgrade our room for $ 20 more a night to an oceanfront room. The desk clerk mentioned that it was not a renovated room, but that the view was worth it.
To our surprise, upon arrival, we were given an upgraded corner room (#238). It was immaculately clean and almost brand new. Furnishings, floors and linens were modern, spacious, with a walk-in closet to boot. Although when we arrived it was very late, we could tell that the view would be fantastic in the morning.
And that it was. Most spectacular. In fact, you could see the aqua blue ocean right from sitting on the king bed.
The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. Although there was airconditioning ,the windows opened to the ocean breezes.
The room was cleaned each day and towels replaced.
As far as the amendities, although few, they were plently enough for a stay at the beach. The hotel provides new beach chairs (they don't recline), umbrella, and towels for their guests.
But you could rent a lounge chair at the beach for $8 a day, $5 more for a cushion. In my opinion, it is well worth it. There is fresh coffee in the lobby all day and a coffee maker, microwave, and new refrigerator in the in the room as well. Free Wi Fi and parking are also provided.
The staff is pleasant and accommodating.
The location is also perfect for walking the beautifully kept boardwalk with reasonable restaurants, shops, all nearby. As well, there is much to see either left or right out the hotel back door along the 3 mile plus walk.
I was unsure whether Hollywood would provide me with enough to do for 4 days, but was pleasantly surprised that there was enough and more. The Hollywood beaches are clean and scenic, lined with palm trees and enhanced by aqua blue waters in the background.
My husband and I will absolutely go back to the Hotel Sheldon, but will request an Oceanfront room.
Check out Le Marche, a brand new bistro left on boardwalk from hotel. Its
a bit of a distance down but well-worth the stroll. Great atmosphere, food, and live entertainment with incredible views of the ocean.
Also there is live entertainment at Nick's Bar and Grill. Fun, lively place just a short walk from hotel.

Room Tip: Request Oceanfront renovated room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

It's on the Broadwalk, if that's what you need. Free parking, beach chairs, & beach towels. Room was spacious. Bath is very dated, but functional. Beds were a little soft for me. Food & drink are all easily walkable with the possible exception of breakfast. Cool looking building.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hotel Sheldon? Share your experiences!