“Children say worth the wait!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 24 attractions in Hollywood
Type: Race Car Tracks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The premise behind the creation of K1 Speed was to offer enthusiasts and amateurs alike an authentic and genuine racing experience in a safe, comfortable, accessible and perhaps most importantly, unique environment. Utilizing advanced European electric karts and indoor asphalt tracks, K1 Speed quickly developed a reputation as being fun and exciting, and our growth has been continuous since we first opened our doors. In addition to our Arrive and Drive racing option, which allows individuals to visit our indoor karting centers anytime and experience the thrill of racing, we also offer racing leagues and a variety of packages for corporate events and group parties, which have proven quite popular. To meet the needs of customers and kart racing enthusiasts who demand more, we also have a Pro Shop - K1 Race Gear - which carries everything that a karter might need to compete at the track. At K1 Speed, our goal is to be synonymous with karting, and we think that we are on our way!
Hollywood, Florida
12 attraction reviews
“Children say worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This review is based on my children's experience. I personally thought it was a bit costly. You must by a "license" before you can ride and the waiting time was over 2 hours! Again, I understand, it is Spring Break so everybody wants to be in the same place but my! Anywho that is my take. Here are my children's take.

Awesome! Worth the wait!

Visited March 2013

Cooper City, Florida
41 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I found a Groupon deal, $44 for 2 licenses and four races, and bought two. I took my three teenage boys and had a blast! The electric carts are pretty quick (20 h.p., 45 m.p.h.); be careful or you'll find yourself in the wall. (Fortunately, they're plastic and give.) We had a great time!

Only issues:

(1) If you pay the regular price, $20 a race, that's too much for a family. Fortunately, there are Groupon deals, and once you sign up for your annual license (another $6), you can receive monthly emails about specials.

(2) Parking is a trick; you have to magically know to pull in BEFORE the building as you approach from the west (there are no signs pointing the way) and park in the back. Limited parking in front was blocked by a limo (?!), and only then did I see a sign to park in the back. You have to pull out in traffic, make a U-turn...you get the idea.

(3) Regular track drivers are aggressive and have no problem bumping you, even trying to spin you. That's not cool, since all the signs say to not do that. I got knocked around by two guys in a row until I realized that the no-bumping rule isn't enforced (though you can receive a time penalty through some hazy system that apparently didn't penalize the worst offender). After being rammed twice and nearly spun, a teenage track official showed me a sign that said something like "No drifting or sliding." Really???

(4) Driving these carts is a workout. After two races, all four of us were a little sore for the next couple of days. It was a good kind of sore, though, that reminded us that we really did something.

Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“It would be great if the cars worked”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Raced 3 races, 30 times around the track total and I bet I drove 5 of those 30 laps without being stopped due to broken cars on the track. Cars failed or had blown tires on every race.

Barbados
3 attraction reviews
“Fun but could be pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went the first time on a Sunday. While not that busy there were regulars that were used to the track and were a bit aggressive and possibly intimidating to first timers. My husband and youngest daughter tried out the track - my other daughter and myself opted out after seeing the regulars drive. They had a great time and actually managed to get the track to themselves.
We went back on a Tuesday and literally had the place to ourselves - we opted for the 3 race
package for USD150 for 4 persons. Again we had the track to ourselves and it was a lot of fun. This was my first time on a go-kart and have to say it was a bit intimidating at first (my brother and husband rally in Barbados so you would have thought this would have been second nature for me!). It was a great family experience and by the third round my second daughter was putting the pedal to the metal. My youngest daughter overtook me several times and my husband dominated the track. It was a great family experience and would certainly recommend this. Tip - you should wear enclosed shoes and shorts/jeans! Go and enjoy!

Visited October 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
24 attraction reviews
“Fast & fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Super place to go with friends to kill an afternoon. Fast fun. Gets to be a little pricey but it is worth the experience.

Visited September 2012