“Not Impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Description: At Renegade Barbeque, we only use the highest quality meat. All of our meats are smoked using authentic Florida Oak, giving our meats that deliciously unique taste. After a day of preparation and smoking the meats for 10-12 hours, our smoked juicy perfection is just what your mouth had been craving.We have a large menu of all your favorite smoked meats. Enjoy brisket, half chickens, pork loin ribs, sandwiches like our bison burger, pulled pork, brisket, or chicken Panini, trout, catfish, shrimp and pasta, soups and salads. We also have great appetizers, like our wings, Kielbasa sausage, and shrimp cocktail. No meal would be complete without our mango or key lime pie for dessert.Bring your party to Renegade or have us cater! And remember, we won’t hide behind the sauce.
Miami, Florida
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I arrived on a Saturday night at about 6PM, and they were still setting up. I sat at the bar, and was the only one there. The bartender was gone most of the time i was there. I ordered dinner and and appetizer, and the bartender took the order, but didn't write it down and guess what...he didn't order my appetizer. The bartender was gone doing I don't know what, so i couldn't ask about it, until my dinner arrived, so i didn't have it. The steak wasn't that wonderful and the side salad consisted of lettuce, one slice of cucumber, 3 rings of an onion and one small cherry tomato. All in all for the money not really worth it, especially with all of the other restaurant choices available. I won't be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Jackson, Pennsylvania
“Good BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Service - Our service was excellent. I don't remember the name of our server, or I would give him props to his attentiveness and friendliness. The food came out in good time and the hostess did her best to get us near the window even though the outside tables were full.

Food - We ordered the kielbasa for appetizer and the pulled BBQ pork for dinner. Kielbasa was AWESOME. Pulled pork was great as well. Excellent smoked bbq and sauce here.

Value - A bit pricey for a BBQ, but then again its Hollywood Florida, not Mobile Alabama. I also paid 7 or 8 dollars for a Ben and Jerrys ice cream down the street, so the prices here were on par with everyone else.

Atmosphere - It was quiet inside as it wasnt very busy. No entertainment. No screaming children. Just real quiet. It actually turned out kind of romantic.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gigi G, Manager at Renegade Barbeque, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks for your kind words on TripAdvisor. It's great to hear about your experiences with us. It's especially nice to hear how well you were served by our staff. Serving our guests in an attentive and friendly manner is what we're all about!

The team will be thrilled to see this. Providing consistent quality and excellent customer service for our guests is always our primary concern. I hope to welcome you back again soon. We'd love to prove to you why we deserve five stars! Take care.

All the best,

Burbank, California
“$46 for a BBQ'd piece of meat!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am sorry, I love BBQ but I refuse to pay that much for the lowest quality of meat (that is what BBQ is and should be). The $27 pulled pork sandwich was good but not worth the high price. Drinks were OK, not very big, but good.

Visited January 2013
Gigi G, Manager at Renegade Barbeque, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I'm sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your recent dining experience here. Impressing our customers with consistent quality and excellent service is always our goal, so this is troubling to me.

I can assure you that we do not use the "lowest" quality meat. The quality of our food is very high, and everything we prepare is fresh.

I'm not sure if you caught us on a rare off-day, but we'd love another chance to impress you. Most of our customers are overwhelmingly satisfied with all we have to offer, so I know we have what it takes!

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further comments or concerns. Hope to see you here again.

Deerfield Beach, FL
“We were BURNED at The Renegade BBQ at The Hollywood Hardrock Hotel and Casino...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am absolutley FLOORED. Had dinner at Renegade on 12-8-12 at 6:30pm.
We are LOCAL South Floridians and go to casual and the finest restaurants from Miami to West Palm Beach. Due to our gandfather's 90th birthday we stayed at the Hollywood Hardrock Hotel and Casino for the weekend. I advised my sister to make a reservation at the Renegade BBQ restaurant and ask to sit by the window.

#1. When my sister called to make the reservation she told me that the person on the phone seemed to have poor customer service and did not communicate knowledge or care regarding the restaurant. She then called again on another day to ensure that the reservation was "actually made" and the request to sit by the window was noted. The same person asnswered the phone (a person by the name of ROSE) and indicated that the reservation was in fact made, with request noted. When we arrived early for our reservation, there was not one patron in the restaurant ...but we were told that there was no table set for us, and that they could not accomodate the request to sit by the window. They haphazzardly set up a table for us in the middle of a walkway. This was odd and uncomfortable---and unecessary. The restaurant never seemed to fill up but we we were treated poorly---point blank. We were sad as we were there for our grandfather's 90th birthday dinner.

#2. The food took 1 hour and 10 minutes to start to come out. Our grandfather drank 3 cups of tea as he waited. There were 4 children in our party ages 1, 4, 6 and 11---they were starving.
When we asked to speak to a manager, our waiter brought over Rose. She was "NOT TO BE BELIEVED". She came to us with a poor attitude and nothing but rude EXCUSES. As she told my sister the reasons why we were getting poor service, I asked for the excuses to stop and for her to help get the food out. She then lectured the entire table and stated, "If you all dont like it here you can leave...but if you stay dont come back complaining to me later..." We were 100% SHOCKED. She saw an elderly couple ages 88 and 90 and 4 children and was insulting, rude, and indignant. If it werent his his 90th birthday... we would have left---but they were both in wheelchairs. Antonio and the hostess(african american, tall) witnessed this entire thing. They were more professional and were CLEARLY embarrassed at Rose's behavior. They apologized for it profusely, but indicated that she was the "floor manager" and couldnt help it. This was actually the worst experience in a restaurant that I have ever had in my 41 years. We asked for the "real manager" as we thought that this had to be a "fake". We were told someone named GiGi was professional and should know about this. Rose seemed unphased as if a call to complain would not affect her in the least. All we could do is make the best of the WORST situation! This "Rose" was more of a "thorn."

#3 This is a side note, after the AWFUL experience with service, staff and accommoddations...The one thing that many of us ordered was the brisket. We asked for it to be lean ---it was NOT> Also, ordered a vegetable plate, the pearl onions were actually frozen on the inside. We were also not offerred a dessert menu.

Something is going so very wrong here.
Manager did not apologize, manager did not offer to comp anything, manager didnt offer dessert...nobody wished the 90 y/o happy birthday! I mean...This was beyond embarrassing.
The check came at full price. We paid it and left as VERY disappointed, mistreated and angry customers. Next time we will eat at Council Oak every night. The service there was TOP NOTCH again...always is.
The best advice is for the management is to evaluate staff and procedures and until this is done, customers should avoid RENEGADE BBQ restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gigi G, Manager at Renegade Barbeque, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
While I appreciate your feedback, it's terribly disheartening to hear about your recent experience with us, Dave. I can assure you there's nothing more important to us than customer service. We train our staff to treat customers in an attentive, professional and friendly manner and expect them to meet the high standards we set.

The fact that you were treated this poorly is extremely disappointing to me and I'd like to sincerely apologize for what you and your family went through. You have my word that I will look into this situation further and do whatever it takes to ensure that this type of treatment never again occurs.

Please give your grandfather my best--I hope he enjoyed the rest of his birthday. If you have any further comments or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out. We'd love a chance to put our best foot forward.

MIA
“expencive, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

we try here the frog legs, very good, but for the price there other options within the hard rock, will recomend council oak

Visited October 2012
Gigi G, Manager at Renegade Barbeque, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Reynol,

We’re very happy to hear you enjoyed the frog legs! They’re definitely a delicacy, and so cost a little more, but we think they’re well worth the price. Thanks for your review and we hope you come visit us again soon!

All the best,

Gigi, General Manager

If you own or manage Renegade Barbeque, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.