“Fresh and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Fresh and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My hubby and I were pleasantly surprised and would now plan to stay longer next time. The hotel is older but has been refreshed and renewed. The location was also perfect, a block off the boardwalk on the beach. The waterway with restaurants was also right across the road. This is best value for your buck. It reminded us of the 50's in a good way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed for only two nights, but the location could not be more perfect. The suites are large, clean and well-equipped. There is a nice small pool for guests to use, lots of (paid) parking, which is a huge bonus as street parking can get VERY tight on the beach, particularly during the Season. There are several excellent restaurants within walking distance, but the biggest plus is that it's situated down the street from the boardwalk and beach. If you want to escape the madness of South Beach and Ft. Lauderdale beaches, this is the place to go.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Severna Park, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I did a mother daughter trip here--myself and two 18 year olds. My goal was to be walking distance to everything and not spend $$ on a car rental. This place is really well located... Right across ocean ave from some fun sunset restaurants such as Le Tub, GG's, Joe's Tiki Bar. A block to the ocean. We could bounce out of bed every morning and go for nice little runs on the broad walk. (Yes broad, not board). There are bike rental places nearby if running isn't your thing. A few restaurants along the broad walk offer cheap breakfasts for under $5.00. The cooking equipment at this place is marginal at best. If you want to cook on vacation here, I would not recommend. The water taxi stop is nearby and can take you to ft lauderdale. For $20 per person and you can hop on and off all day at a many different stops for restaurants and shopping. There's a trolley in Hollywood that runs Wednesday thru Sunday... $1.00 a ride. We took that to the downtown Hollywood area where there are more restaurant options. My teenagers liked some of the cheap shops there and froyo at Menchies. The park is beautiful! you can stock up on a few groceries at publix there. There's also a Walgreens and a liquor store with better prices than at the beach.

I would say that more than three people here would feel crowded. The sleeper sofa is not too comfy but teenagers can handle it. Its clean and feels safe. The little pool is a nice place to be on a windy day, but it is on the hwy side. There is another patio area with grills we are welcome to use. I was only here four nights so we went out for meals. The complimentary beach chairs and towels were a bonus. Overall, I was happy with our experience here. I will request a second story room next time because last night the guests above us started clomping around and moving furniture at 5:00 am. Thankfully that happened our last night there.

Room Tip: Second story to avoid hearing guests above you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Wanted something that felt a little more Old Florida than the hotel my conference was at. My suite was roomy, clean and quiet. The short walk to the beach and boardwalk had me on the beach for sunrise and sunset. Many good restaurants within blocks. Staff were pleasant and helpful when I asked for seafood recommendations. It met my expecations, and my budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Only thing this place has going for it, is the Location. It is very near the Boardwalk, restaurants, water taxi and trolley.

Otherwise very uncomfortable bed, small room, not particulary clean. No work top space or chair for us ladies to put our toiletries and blow dry our hair.
The blinds up the window are completely ineffective and light shone in the room all night.
Really noisy air con. Thin walls, as previously mentioned conversations can been heard both sides of the room. The Pool is on the main road and not heated.
$6 dollars to park your car per day.

I personally would not stay there again or recommend anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back maybe quieter
MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This place was probably one of the only times TA reviews have ever let me down. Overall, this place was an OK value based on the pros. But the Cons are what really earned the 2 star review.
Pros: Location (awesome for the Broadwalk, water taxi, trolley), refrigerator/microwave/sink in a separate kitchenette type area, decent outside seating areas (plastic Adirondacks around, beach chairs near pool & wicker furniture area to hang out outside)
Cons: Street noise, thin walls, $6 per night parking, moderate cleanliness, worn down amenities, some really foul smell in our room. I don't know what it was, but it was startling walking into and persisted during the stay. There were air fresheners, so they must know it smells.

We also were not thrilled with the fact that we checked in to a non-working toilet. When I asked to have it fixed, they asked me if we had stuck anything down it! What?! It was barely flushing. They called the on-call handyman, who left a mess while we were at dinner & did not properly fix it. He had to come back the next day, and fix it again (or for the first time). That time it was fixed, but again, left a wet mess in our bathroom.

So I guess if budget-friendly, mediocre places are your thing, this is your place! Just be sure to bring your ear and nose plugs.

Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We are staying here at the moment and its just okay. The bed is sort of comfortable but the tv is complete static and the walls are paper thin. I can hear the conversations on both sides of our room. The location is pretty good as we are right between the bay and the beach and there are quite a few dining options near by, but overall this hotel is just average.

Room Tip: corner rooms are probably a little more quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites? Share your experiences!