“Nice stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Hamburg, Germany
“Nice stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed over New Year at this Hotel. Our room wasn't a suite (as expected by the name) it was just a room with a bed and a attached bathroom. It was clean and the staff was very friendly.
The location is good (close to the beach) and some restaurants.
To stay for some days it is good, but not more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days with our two kids, aged 2 and 5. We were pleasantly surprised at this place. It is definitely not a 5 star resort, but for around $100.00 a night...you get a lot for your money. You are a block and a half from the beach, playgrounds, and restaurants. Across the street, on the bay side, is more restaurants. I highly recommend Giorgio's Bakery for waterfront dining serving breakfast through dinner. They were very kid friendly. The hotel also supplies you with unlimited beach chairs, umbrellas, beach toys and beach towels. They also have brand new barbecues on a large terrace with plenty of seating under umbrellas. They helped us set up a BBQ for 10 guests. The rooms are clean, and the kitchen is great. The pool is cold, but compared to 14 degrees in New York, I was not complaining. The fold out couch in the living room was great for the kids. There is also coin operated laundry machines which you can use after 4:00 P.M. The staff was beyond helpful and attentive. They went out of their way to make our vacation special. My only complaint is the room upstairs was very loud around 2:00 AM with dragging furniture across the tile floors. So I would recommend a second floor room.

Room Tip: Book a second floor room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Beacon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 5 days/ 4 night here. We had an efficiency unit that overlooked the pool. Having a separate living room and kichen was great. My husband was able to nap and I could still relax and watch t.v or be in the kitchen without disturbing him. I could see myself coming back here again. The staff was very nice and even went out of their way to get us checked in early and let us use a bathroom/changing area after we had checked out on the last day. It was very quiet during our stay and couldn't think of one complaint.

Room Tip: We had room 39 I believe. 2nd floor over looking pool. 2nd one in if you are coming from the office...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this establishment last weekend and were dissapointed. I was surprised at how well rated this hotel was by other Trip Advisor reviewers. That is one of the reasons we booked this hotel. The rooms are quite spartan with very little, if no, character. There was a plastic "Rubber Made" type dresser in the bedroom. The entire suite is either cooled or heated by a small window type air conditioner in the living room. We happened to be staying during one of the coldest days in South Florida and the heater could hardly put a dent in the chill of either the living room or the bedroom. I can't imagine how this small unit can cool the entire suite in the summer. The cleaning staff decided to wash down the front of our unit with a hose the day we left, waking my wife up.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Avon Lake, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was near the beach and it had a pool. THE POOL is not heated and only has 3 lounge chairs to use by the pool. We had our 15 month old granddaughter with us and she loves to be in the pool. The pool was too cold for us to use. Very disappointed! The hotel is clean, but the rooms are small and the furnishing are very minimal. The kitchenette has a few dishes and you really can not cook. Should have left for another hotel! I have contacted the management for the owners address. They will not give me the information.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

So I've stayed for years at Driftwood on the Ocean, down the road from this one. It was sold to make condos, so I had to look around online. Surprised to see negative comments for this place, as I was blown away by it- not just in comparison to Driftwood, which was pretty run-down, but also in comparison with much higher-priced establishments.
First of all- price was very reasonable.
Secondly- the location. It is roughly two blocks off the Hollywood Beach boardwalk, between the ocean and the Intercoastal. Motels right on the boardwalk tend to be quite noisy- this was quiet and restful, nestled between New York and Filmore.
Three- the room. Lovely, clean, fresh- a leather sofa, a kitchen with a full-sized fridge & a ceiling fan, a tall bar table with stools, a decent, CLEAN bathroom, lots of closet space, and a big flat-screen TV. The bed was very nice, perhaps on the firm size, and I completely disagree with others about the linens- mine were soft and luxurious.
Four- the grounds. They offer several small seating areas, one larger one with an attractive canopy, a pool, and ample, affordable parking.
My ONLY negative had to do with the windows. They had decent blinds, but even closed tight A LOT of light came in at night. Nothing that can't be fixed with a blackout shade, so here's hoping they'll do that for next year. I travel to Hollywood alone, and spend my days at the Gulfstream racetrack & Casino- this is very convenient to that, and close to many nice restaurants on the boardwalk (and good local bars on the Intercoastal/ A1A.)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Morin Heights, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

First time I have been disappointed in a place as well rated by other T.A. reviewers. Cramped quarters, paper thin walls and thread bare linen. Other than the location and wifi (that we used to find another place to stay the night), I have nothing good to say about this place, and I have been in a lot of hotels and motels in a lot of locations on this planet. Definitely will never return.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites? Share your experiences!