“Retro Boardwalk Feel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Retro Boardwalk Feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A family member recommended the hotel after having a positive experience here, and I'm glad we gave it a try! We stayed in the corner room closest to the boardwalk, which had a great little patio and chairs outside looking directly onto the boardwalk. When we first pulled up, i LOVED the retro charm of the exterior to the apartments, as well as the beachy and cozy apartment decor inside the rooms -- which I think it much more fun and cool than a cookie cutter mass-chain hotel. Kitchen has the bare necessities, and everything worked well.

My mom stayed in the bedroom which she said was comfortable, while I slept on the pull-out couch in the living area. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because the pull-out couch was pretty rough - would have been more comfortable to sleep on it as a couch and not even pulling out the bed part.

Otherwise overall great little set-up and very cool and retro vibe which I think is the perfect complement to the charm of visiting Hollywood Beach to begin with.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I grew up in Hollywood and moved about 90 miles north. Every chance I get I like to spend a week end on the beach. The rooms are clean, quiet and most have a small kitchen which I find very useful.The manager Elvis is great, very accommodating. I would recommend giving the place a try you won't be sorry!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The Marlin is an older hotel on Hollywood Beach about half a block from beach. The place is quiet and away from the noise found in hotels close to Johnson street. I have stayed here several times and my experiences have always been positive. Booking online is easy and the staff courteous specifically the manager Elvis. Every time you call he answers and if there is an issue to be addressed he takes care of it right away. This July 4th we rented two rooms and had a great time. Will be returning soon...

• Stayed July 2013
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed over the Memorial Long weekend and found it to be very clean, cozy, and most of all quiet atmosphere. The property manager Elvis was extremely nice and hospitalble, very helpful upon our arrival. I would definately recomend it to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I travel weekly and normally at hotels. Found this charming cottage/ motel in a great location in Hollywood Florida and would highly recommend for vacation and or business when in the area. The Marriott is next to it so you can utilize that facility for meetings if need be. I highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
Geneseo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had a great week long stay there. Elvis, the property manager was a great help. The beach area is a cast of characters and you are sure to have fun. The nearby tiki bar has dirt cheap hooch and down the street there is a wild karaoke night. Don't forget nearby Le Tub's great burgers.....

The rooms were very spacious, much better then Marriott... a bit of cape cod flavor right in Florida.... they even had a grill for us to cook our freshly caught fish!!!!!!!!

I'm a bit of a hotel snob and i highly recommend staying here. It's safe, charming, and clean.

if i were to choose over the Ritz for two days I would absolutely prefer to stay at the Marlin!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family and I stayed in this cozy beachside hotel for 9 nights in Jan 2013 and we had a wonderful time. Our manager was the most hospitable. We are definitely returning again - all the way from Europe!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Marlin Beachside Hotel? Share your experiences!