“Surprizingly good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Laval, Canada
“Surprizingly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a very small restaurant with a good outdoor terrasse. The food is exceptionally good and authentic. Try the calamari, they are done perfectly. The souvlakis, gyros and moussaka are the real deal and very good. Salads are fresh and crunchy. Service is very good but it takes a while to get the food because everything is cooked to order. Prices are reasonable. The only hitch is that although they allow you to bring your own wine, they charge you a uncorking fee of $10.00. This is definitely a restaurant to go to often.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hollywood, Florida
“Small quaint place - delicious Greek food in downtown Hollywood.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

If you want real quick Greek food, this is not it. They take their time preparing above average and fresh food. It is reasonably priced. We often call ahead and order to pick up. The moussaka is enough for two people.

Visited March 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great take-out. Have never eaten in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

While the menu is not extensive, the prices are reasonable and the food is fresh and good. We have ordered delivery from here 4 or 5 times and besides mixing up our order the first time, the food was delicious, the delivery driver was courteous and the food is very good. I typically order the chicken souvlaki pita. One pita is enough for me so I don't usually get the meal that comes with fries (they have a garlic kick to them and are good) and a salad. I also LOVE the hummus. It has a strong garlic flavor but is excellent. They send sour dough bread with every order or you can order individual pitas which are good also. I highly recommend this place for lazy delivery dinners.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, Florida
“Good food but be careful...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

They have good food and a nice selection of different Greek delicacies. Prices are decent, however be careful on what you order. For example, a side of tzatziki sauce (greek yogurt sauce) was $6.95...a side which was no larger than a cup of soup. There was almost as much sauce on the Gyro I ordered as there was in the cup they gave me. Gyros were good for $5.25 each though.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Authentic Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

After reading all the wonderful reviews I was in Hollywood and decided to give this place a try and I must say my expectations were met and surpassed, the food was excellent. My husband and I ordered each a pita, for him the gyro and myself the the vegetarian pita, both were delicious. The gyro meat was marinated with a blend of spices that added just the right touch and the tzatziki sauce was also very good, not too garlicky and had good consistency. The vegetarian pita was a great alternative if you are not in the mood for meat, it is filled with grilled eggplant and zucchini topped with onions, tomato and tzatziki sauce, it was messy but out of this world good. Our waitress was very polite and checked on us a few times to make sure we were ok. Give this place a try I assure you it will be well worth your time. I will definitely be back and next time I will bring my kids. I looked through the entire menu and there are healthy options for kids, like the chicken stick (grilled). Contrary to a previous review, I did not see any pizza on the menu, maybe they were reviewing another restaurant as there is no such item on the menu at the Greek Joint.

• Visited January 2013