“clean comfortable Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Stirling Road, Hollywood, FL 33020   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get Special Military Rate
Ranked #20 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Massachusetts, USA
“clean comfortable Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great inexpensive spot for an overnight before a cruise out of Miami. Breakfast was great--kids liked the waffle maker. We ended up coming in early and the staff was helpful and our room was set up and ready by 1215 despite a full night before. Staff recommended the American Diner in the plaza next door which was tasty. Also within walking distance was a strip mall with stores to wander in and purchase last minute items-sunglasses, sun covers etc for cruise and eat-Chipoltle and plenty of fast food next door. Pool was small but weather was uncooperative so no comment. Good place to stay for quick stopover--would maybe stay closer to beach if vacationing, but for us this was clean, comfortable and cheap.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here for two nights before a Caribbean cruise. I had hoped to do some shopping before I departed, but the location is not the best for that. There is a Marshall's, Ross, and K-Mart within walking distance, but other decent shopping is a pricey cab ride, or risky bus ride, away. There are several decent restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The property made up for my lack of shopping! My room (a king suite) was big, fresh, and clean. The staff were delightful no matter which department they worked for! The front desk ladies were always pleasant, professional and very helpful. The housekkeeping ladies made me feel at home whenever I saw them. The breakfast lady was like visiting a long lost aunt and she made me feel very welcome. Even a maintenance man I came across was delightful. The outdoor pool was private, clean, and lovely to lounge beside. Overall, a very relaxing, restful stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
new mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

great hotel chain, wonderful staff , internet access , breakfast not so good....coffe good , great bedding and this is really why i stay at the Hampton Inns ..........It was close to the airport and the shuttle service was prompt and very friendly....when we go to any destination we always look for a Hampton Inn because the are so clean and the bedding feels safe and clean. I will say that the food for breakfast could be alot better, even though i know they dont really have a working kitchen and they have to compromise..It doest really seem too appealing.Although the coffee was good.........we had a great stay and enjoyed the staff very much, Everyone that passes you in the hall says hello in such a friendly way..thank you

Room Tip: we had a room on the top floor which is what i always ask for
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New Rochelle, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am rating this as far as Hampton Inns go. It is an excellent Hampton Inn. Friendly, helpful staff. The only drawbacks to this property is location. 1) It is a bit of a distance from the airport. More than most 'airport hotels' I've been to and 2) no decent eateries within walking distance. Otherwise aces to this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed in a number of Hampton Inns during our January trip to Fla. and this is one of the older properties. We are probably spoiled by staying at the newer ones. This one was certainly adequate, same Hampton friendly staff, just looked a little tired. Our sheets looked thin and a bit worn and the shower stall was showing its age. The room was clean and the bed was comfy (except for the thick comforters that are standard at all Hampton Inns). Breakfast was similar as other Hampton Inns, but not quite as large an area or as plentiful selections. We had a car so we checked out the Hard Rock casino which was not too far of a drive from the hotel. Would probably not stay at this Hampton Inn again because there are better ones.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights in January 2013 between cruises. We stayed in a king bedroom suite. The suite was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and generally helpful. The cost was overpriced. We are loyal Hilton guests and several things did not rate usual Hilton quality. First the breakfast!! On two days there was the usual Hampton hot eggs and waffles. On the third day there were no eggs and no waffles. When I asked the attendant, I was told they do not always supply eggs and waffles. REALLY? They do at every Hampton I have EVER stayed at!!! Next we had a problem with the shuttle service, KSA. On the first day we used the shuttle and charged our credit card. On the second day, we paid cash for the service. When I arrived home and checked our cc bill online, I learned I had been charged for BOTH days on my cc!!! Hmmm? What happened to the cash??? I reported this to my credit card company. The best thing about this hotel is its location near the cruiseport. I am sorry I trusted Hilton to deliver
what I am used to in a vacation stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lovinguhere, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I'm terribly sorry to hear that you experienced inconsistent service during breakfast and not all the buffet items were available. I'm also sorry to hear about the incorrect shuttle service charge and alerted our team to both concerns. Please direct message me your contact information so I can gather more details and help make things right. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope we can one day serve you again.

Kind regards,

Your Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Team
Benson, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were there for one night pre-cruise. We had the package where we left our car in their parking lot while we were on a cruise. They also shuttled us to and from the port. We felt safe leaving our car with them.

Our room was very clean, quiet and the bed was so comfortable!

We will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and will use ourselves in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lovinguhere, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for the lovely compliments. We are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are so glad we had the privilege to serve you and we appreciate the recommendation. We hope to see you again soon, we would love to have you.

Warm regards,

Hampton Inn & Suites FLL South

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port

Address: 2500 Stirling Road, Hollywood, FL 33020
Location: United States > Florida > Hollywood
#15 Family Hotel in Hollywood
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport Hotel Hollywood
Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport
Hampton Inn Hollywood
Hollywood Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport/South Cruise Port, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.