“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in Hollywood
Espoo, Finland
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed here 3 nights inbetween 2 cruises. We chose this hotel to have a good combination of relaxing at the beach/pool during the day and outlet shopping in the afternoon/evening combined with a good quality hotel. We used points for this hotel.

Reception: Friendly and helpful staff. We received an upgrade for our room, coupons for Starbucks (in the hotel itself) and free breakfast coupons. How nice!

Room: Beautiful! Stayed in a lot of hotels in the USA for business and pleasure, but this one is outstanding. Large room, modern, trendy, clean. Really very beautiful.

Location: It is kind of inbetween Miami and FLL airport and cruise ports. So, not that close to one particular port. It also takes about 30-40 minutes to drive to Sawgrass outlets. However, this place is just in the middle of mentioned places, so from that point of view, it is a very good place. Next to a 7-11, there is not much going on from dinner, food point of view, so it comes in handy if you have a car.

Breakfast: Nice breakfast room and breakfast was not extensive, but good.

Pool/Beach: Very nice pool area, with a view on the river. Nice lounge seat and it is not busy. You can also go to the beach, it is at the other side of the street, but the beach is not nice. We always prefer the beach over the pool, but in this case, it was an easy decision to stay at the pool.

All in all, really recommend this place!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
mistypfllso, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Dear Emile72,

Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you enjoyed your cruise from South Florida. It is always nice to receive such great comments from our international visitors. We hope that you will tell all of your friends in Finland about your experience and we look forward to welcoming them as well.

Hope to see you again soon!

Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Check in was fairly smooth. I was surprised to find that there was a 15$ plus tax charge per day for parking. I have stayed in many hotels in the mid-Atlantic region and have never been charged as a guest to park . Maybe it's a Florida thing. After getting to our room we were a little disappointed with the view of the highway and parking lot out our window. We decided to have a drink and retrieved the ice bucket but were dismayed to find find what looked like mashed potatoes stuck to the lid of a rusted ice bucket. The front desk was quick to send someone with a replacement that was clean and only slightly rusty but had a plastic baggy for sanitary purposes that the original was missing, but at this point the experience was going down hill fast.
Next we set out to explore the hotel and pool. The pool was by far the best feature of the hotel. It was beautiful and overlooked the inter-coastal waterway with music playing and a festive atmosphere. I was put off somewhat at having to sign a voucher for any towels you used to make sure they were returned. Never had to do that before.
On our way back to our room we passed a gentleman at the front desk asking if he could please get some soap because they only had a tiny piece left. We wondered how he could be out of soap but the next morning we figured it out.
When we returned to our room the following day after it had been cleaned we found the shampoo and conditioner bottles from the prior day which weren't completely used had been removed but not replaced. Also there was no new soap or toilet paper. My wife had to track down the Maids who were down the hall at this point to ask for replacement items. Not exactly the service you would expect from a supposedly four star hotel.
The bed was very comfortable and would have provided a great nights rest if not for the rattling and squeaking of the air conditioner. There was a sink, microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker, but no napkins or paper towels or any other kitchen items except one coffee cup (we had to request a second one) and a pair of drinking glasses. We actually went to Walmart and some napkins to use.
The location is such that if you don't have a vehicle you would need to take a taxi or trolley to get to any restaurants or stores except the 7-11 which is right next store. You are right on the inter-coastal but must cross A1A and the hotels which are on the beach to get to the beach. Since the Hotel wouldn't allow their towels to leave the pool area and we hadn't packed beach towels to conserve suit case space we were back at the Walmart purchasing some beach towels.
The night before our flight I went to the business center to use the complimentary service to print our boarding passes, however every time I got to the screen to print the passes the application just closed and went back to the start screen without printing. Somehow this didn't even surprise me so after 3 tries I gave up. We ended up doing it at the airport before our flight.
Overall I would say we had a nice stay but this was one of the most disappointing Hotels in terms of customer service and comfort I can remember staying in and was made all the more apparent because the first part part of the week we had stayed at Cranes Beach House in Delray and everything was just perfect.
I do see there are Management responses to some of the reviews here so it would appear they are concerned about the service at the hotel or at least the public perception so I really can't understand allowing such poor service to continue.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
mistypfllso, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Dear Goin2dabeach,

We appreciate you taking the time to relay your comments regarding your recent stay and yes, we are very concerned about the service that our guests receive at our hotel. It sounds like we had some opportunities during your visit and we are looking into all of these mentioned as this is not our standard level of service. In regards to the pool towels, we do allow those to be brought to the beach area so I apologize if this was miscommunicated to you.
If your travels bring you back to South Florida, we do sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again to experience the high level of service and friendliness that so many others have commented about on Trip Advisor.

Thank you.
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Advantages: Nice, well maintained hotel with an infinity pool towards the intercoastal, one block from Hollywood beach crossing a 6 lane road (A1A), nice decorated rooms. Rooms are equiped with Microwave, fridge and bassin. Next to a 7/11 and many supermarkets (Winn Dixie/Publix/Walmart) plus all kinds of restaurants on Hallandale Beach Rd. You need a car to get around (15$ parking fee!)

Disadvantages: Reception team is very unfriendly except for one person with a Polish name. Restaurant offers very nice meals on a very limited menu. On the weekends the hotel filled with guests from Miami who spent there one night packing 4-6 people into one rooms and bringing all the foods. At certain times I felt quite disturbed especially at the pool area.

This crown plaza is great to use it as a base to explorer the Fort Lauderdale and Miami area, if you get a good price I would rather choose it again instead of going to Fort Lauderdale hotels or Miami.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear ChristianK,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay with us and we're glad that you chose to stay with us while visiting from Madrid. Summer is a very busy time for us at the pool and our goal is to make it an enjoyable environment for all; I apologize that you were not able to fully relax and enjoy.
As mentioned, we do hope that you come back to see us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Hotel was very clean - simply cannot comprehend an earlier negative review with respect to cleanliness. The room was one of the larger rooms I have been in, with a microwave and a refrigerator. The pool was spectacular - the placement alongside the canal / bay was simply beautiful. The location was convenient, though not on the beach. The ribs at the Elements were a great value and we enjoyed them so much we went back the second night and had them again.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We like this hotel enough that if we return we will not book through the opaque websites because this is where we would want to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
mistypfllso, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
Dear elgringito,
Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay with us and I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool area and food! When you're looking to escape the hustle and bustle of Houston (I'm a former resident!), please come back and see us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I love Hollywood, FL. It's very close to Miami and not that crowdy at the same time. It was my fourth stay at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, and I can say that for the prcie I get at hotwire.com this hotel is good enough. The pool area is perfect, my kids love it. You need to cross the street for the oceana and walk through Siam condo territory is not the best part of the way. Lava Tiki Bar is okay but overpriced, Elements Bistro is good though. Queen size beds are double and not very comfortable. When checking in ask for a pool-view room as other side heads towards busy street and parking. Self-parking is $14 a day. Staff is friendly. There is a small coffee shop in the lobby. Free wired internet, no wifi.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
ChiliPalmer,
Thank you for your review and for staying with us so frequently! I apologize that you were not made aware that we do, in fact, have wi-fi at our property; it is complimentary in all of our public areas, including the pool. So the next time your kids are enjoying the water, you can surf the web at the same time.
Look forward to seeing you for a 5th stay soon!
Decatur, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

You will not be impressed if you are looking for a clean and relaxing hotel. This reminds me of a "public" hotel. Go to Westin down road pay a lil more and you will be WOWED. This is not beach front, they make you check in and out pool towels... i mean come on. I wll not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear hotelqueen54,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us but do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future as we pride ourselves on clean, comfortable accommodations and outstanding customer service.
Macedonia, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend, my sister, and her boyfriend.

I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this hotel. I was nervous about booking it after reading some mixed reviews and since we booked for only $99 a night on travelzoo, but my experience was excellent and I would absolutely stay here again.

First, we arrived at about 11am and since check in is not until 4pm, they held our bags until a room was ready. They tagged the bags and gave us a ticket just like a coat check so I felt secure leaving my luggage with them. It was nice because we were able to hang out at the pool and walk the beach until a room was ready. They were able to let us check in by about 2pm.

There's a Walmart (not super, but with a subway) and liquor store about a 10 minute walk away and some essentials can be purchased at the 7/11 right next door. There's also Publix and Winn Dixie about about 5 blocks past the Walmart. It's a bit of a hike, but definitely doable if you need some groceries.

If you want to order pizza, I highly recommend Pizza Rustica.

Hollywood Beach is a great location in general. You're close enough to go out for the night in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, but the beach right by Crowne Plaza is nice and quiet. The Hollywood Broadwalk starts about 1.5 miles down the beach and extends quite a bit further, so I wouldn't recommend trying to walk there (we did!).

On cloudy/rainy days, we were able to still use the beautiful pool and hot tub.

The room was spacious, with a nice sized kitchenette. The sink and mirror is separate from the bathroom, which is convenient. The decor was trendy and everything seemed very new and clean.

There were no hidden fees or charges at the end of our stay.

I hope to return some day!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ktpylyp2
Dear ktpylyp2,

We hope you return someday too! I can't tell you how much we appreciate guests like you that take the time to share their experiences regarding their stay with us! When the cold weather in Ohio gets to be too much this winter, please come back and see us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Marriott Hollywood Beach
Riptide Hotel
Riptide Hotel
#16 of 67 in Hollywood
4.0 of 5 stars 486 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!