“Excellent rooms, excellent service, beautiful beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Macedonia, OH
“Excellent rooms, excellent service, beautiful beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend, my sister, and her boyfriend.

I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this hotel. I was nervous about booking it after reading some mixed reviews and since we booked for only $99 a night on travelzoo, but my experience was excellent and I would absolutely stay here again.

First, we arrived at about 11am and since check in is not until 4pm, they held our bags until a room was ready. They tagged the bags and gave us a ticket just like a coat check so I felt secure leaving my luggage with them. It was nice because we were able to hang out at the pool and walk the beach until a room was ready. They were able to let us check in by about 2pm.

There's a Walmart (not super, but with a subway) and liquor store about a 10 minute walk away and some essentials can be purchased at the 7/11 right next door. There's also Publix and Winn Dixie about about 5 blocks past the Walmart. It's a bit of a hike, but definitely doable if you need some groceries.

If you want to order pizza, I highly recommend Pizza Rustica.

Hollywood Beach is a great location in general. You're close enough to go out for the night in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, but the beach right by Crowne Plaza is nice and quiet. The Hollywood Broadwalk starts about 1.5 miles down the beach and extends quite a bit further, so I wouldn't recommend trying to walk there (we did!).

On cloudy/rainy days, we were able to still use the beautiful pool and hot tub.

The room was spacious, with a nice sized kitchenette. The sink and mirror is separate from the bathroom, which is convenient. The decor was trendy and everything seemed very new and clean.

There were no hidden fees or charges at the end of our stay.

I hope to return some day!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
mistypfllso, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, August 26, 2010
Dear ktpylyp2,

We hope you return someday too! I can't tell you how much we appreciate guests like you that take the time to share their experiences regarding their stay with us! When the cold weather in Ohio gets to be too much this winter, please come back and see us.

1,135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I went to this hotel for a girls' family reunion trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach.

The lobby is very modern, the pool is amazing, the rooms were huge (I am used to NYC hotel rooms). The hotel is right on the intracostal and across the street from the beach. I particularly liked that the beach was almost a private beach. It was more secluded and less crowded than down by the Hollywood beach boardwalk.

The service was good, not outstanding. The hotel amenities were not gone over with us at check in so we either had to wander around to find things or go and ask the Front Desk. The full buffet breakfast was a great value. The only negative really was that we had to pay for parking daily which was unexpected and not really advertised on their website. Its a great place for a low key relaxing getaway where you just sleep, beach, pool, eat, sleep!

Recommend: the Beachside Cafe across the street, friendly staff and nice place to grab a nice relaxed casual beach lunch, and Taverna Opa, Greek restaurant down further from the hotel, great food and awesome fun atomsphere, belly dancing on tables !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear picklenoz,
I'm so glad you enjoyed your girls' family reunion trip in Hollywood and had such a great experience at our hotel. Thanks for your comments regarding the front desk and please know that we have relayed to our team how important it is to share amenity information with our guests.
And you found Taverna Opa! It is one of our favorites too!
We hope you consider making your girls' family reunion trip an annual one at our hotel!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I recently visited this resort & it was BEAUTIFUL! We loved it ! Friendly staff & great location. Very close to the beach & hotel pool was very clean. The room service was a little pricey but, good food & also the parking was not included which was odd for Florida. My family really enjoyed our visit to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
mistypfllso, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you for writing such a great review and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel; we look forward to your return in the future!
Manchester, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Just got back from Florida, having gone down for a long weekend to celebrate my Aunt's 90th birthday. I wasn't very impressed with this hotel for numerous reasons. First of all we arrived in a hurry and ran upstairs to change and found that we didn't have a full view of the waterway. No time to tell anyone, cause we were running behind. When we returned we walked into Rm 604 to find that it was 80 degrees in there. We asked for assistance. They sent someone up to "tweak" the compressor and told us it would now work. NOT! Within 15 mins. it was obvious that it wasn't going to cool off, so we called again and they were accommodating, moving us to another room. My biggest peeve - one bagel, one muffin and one small coffee - $9.00. ONE can of soda $3.18. AND if you need to use the internet down in their main lobby, it will cost you $3.00 to start with, even if you don't use the full minute to confirm your flight. And free wi-fi in your room - NOT - it is dial up and you have to pay the going rate for the phone line. Needless to say, that was something I wasn't expecting - when we stayed at a top hotel such as this in California, it was free! When we left, not so much as a "how was your stay... did you enjoy your stay...hope to see you again"... NOTHING. Here's your bill - how do you want to pay. Goodbye! I'm not one to be picky, but having stayed at many places before, a little courtesy goes a long way. This place was packed and the help at the front desk could care less about whether you enjoyed yourself or not. The room for the price - a little too pricey for what we got. No iron (but there was an ironing board)... the refrigerator didn't work. The drawers on the dresser were broken. The only thing that was of any "upgrade" was the digital TV, but we weren't in the room long enough to view anything on it. Bottom line - you don't need to be picky, but you should get more for your money. A friendly smile goes a long way. especially at those prices. I did a lot of research before choosing this hotel. In retrospect, I should have chosen some other place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Catalina 58,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay and I'm sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience with us. Our goal at the hotel is to make sure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with comfortable accommodations and, more importantly, pleasant and welcoming staff members. Based on your comments, it seems we have some opportunities with our staff and I have shared these valuable observations with my fellow team members.
We do offer complimentary boarding pass printing in our business center, but if you are using the computers for additional online services, there is a charge. However, we do offer complimentary high speed internet access (wired) in all of our guest rooms and complimentary wi-fi in our public areas, including the pool area. I apologize if that was not properly communicated to you during your stay with us.
I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the future so that you can experience the high level of service that we provide.
White Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

stayed 4 nights...Very nice pool overlooking the intercoastal...king bed very comfortable.. large shower, restaurant ridiculously expensive for quality of food..hotel not very old but showing a few stains and nicks on furniture. All in all a very good stay and at a price under a $100.00 a great value...but parking is 14 self and 18 valet...didn't know that when I booked. Not on beach, you must cross the A1A to get to beach across the street..Trolley stop is right in front of hotel..$1.00 per ride each way goes to the broadwalk and other stops..I would stay here again in a heartbeat at the right price.. very friendly and helpful staff...Had 2 rooms with 2 pre-teens and they enjoyed the pool and free wifi in the lobby free hardwire in room

Dear Mikey Bee,

Thank you for your comments and I'm glad that you enjoyed our infinity edge pool on the Intracoastal with your family. You also commented on our comfortable beds, which are one feature of our Sleep Advantage Program which provides a better nights sleep for all of our guests. Also great to hear that our staff was welcoming and accommodating; we look forward to having you and your family stay with us again in the future.
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

$119 rate for Florida residents; clean and very comfortable, decor pleasing. Beach access is across Ocean Drive, a five minute walk, and there's a lifeguard station and small cafe on the beach. The pool overlooks the intercoastal and is very clean (and warm!), with a Tiki bar.

Staff very cordial and helpful. The white bedding was immaculate; lots of pillows, iron & board, safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, complimentary toiletries. Room was spacious and well-laid-out, with a desk, lounge for reading, and flat screen tv. Balcony with two chairs and drink table. Internet hookup but I didn't use it. Room service burger and breakfast were good, but pricey. 7-11 right next door. Parking's $14/day or $18 for valet.

My only complaint is that there was no guide to what was on TV. Also, my room had a spacious shower but no tub (though I suppose other rooms do). Other than that, it was incredibly comfortable for $119/night, and if the quality stays this high I'll stay there anytime.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
mnowakfllso, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Dear MK Blackwood,
We are so glad to hear that you took advantage of our Florida Resident rate this summer and enjoyed your stay with us; it sounds like you definitely enjoyed some R&R at the pool and beach.
Regarding the guide for the television, there should be one in every room so I have forwarded this on to the appropriate manager to insure that any that are missing are replaced. Also, we do have rooms with bathtubs, simply make that request when making future reservations.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

broken down mattresses, with stained bed covers, the "stainless" steel mini kitchen area - the stainless steel was wearing off of the appliances. for the handicapped parking, you are charged to park in a stated mandated parking space - how they get away with that one, i'll never know. on our first day down to the pool, we had to crawl thru the bushes because someone had thrown up all over the entrance to the pool and it hadn't been cleaned up yet. Very, very, disappointed......keep looking, there are better places, even if you have to pay a few $ more, it will be worth the piece of mind.

Dear Sandyclark,
I appreciate your feedback and am sorry to hear that you had a less than enjoyable experience in our hotel. I have forwarded your comments on to our housekeeping department and they have been addressed by management. We do hope that you will consider giving us another try in the future, as this is not the experience that we wish for our guests to walk away with from their time with us.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!