“Good stay close do SoBe.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
“Good stay close do SoBe.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Nice hotel with helpful staff. At arrival our room wasn't clean and has no curtain on the shower. We requested a change and was quickly arranged. Great for a nice beach (Hollywood / Halandale) not to crowded as SoBe but close enough for a visit specially if you have a car.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Erika L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear FSG-BR,
Thank you for sharing this review with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood Beach, FL!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel advertises wireless and wired high-speed Internet.
The wireless Internet was working extremely poorly during first few days of my stay - somewhat improved later.
The wired Internet was not working at all and the hotel refused to fix it when I asked.
Guess why? Because it WOULD COST THE HOTEL MONEY! That's how they explained it!
I pay my money to the hotel, but they refuse to spend them to fix what they advertise.
And the wired Internet, most likely, has been disconnected in the entire hotel for a while, without hotel employees even knowing it.
And, there is a person called Isabel Guidobono, who is supposedly authorized to allow repairs, but she is hiding from hotel guests and refusing to authorize repairs when hotel employees ask her.
Read on, and you will see why I think that.

I checked in on Saturday, May 24, before a long weekend.
The phone in my room was not working.
The wired Internet was not working either.
The wireless Internet was working poorly.
The maintenance guy insisted that there was nothing wrong with the phone, but they did replace it when I insisted, and the replacement was working fine.
Then we (the maintenance guy and I) called the company that supports the wired Internet for the hotel (SONIFY Solutions). Every room has their phone number written down, and the hotel maintenance guy said, we needed to call them.
The hotel maintenance guy was of little help, but I am an IT engineer myself - I have been working in IT for the last 15+ years or so.
After a couple hours of troubleshooting, SONIFY informed me that the switch port on their end doesn't detect a physical link. Nor does their switch see my MAC address on any other port. I informed them that on my end my laptop detects the link and successfully negotiates speed and duplex settings (but doesn't get any DHCP response, so there is no IP address and no Internet).
As an IT engineer, I can immediately tell that the probable reason is: their network map is wrong and my room is NOT REALLY CONNECTED TO THEIR SWITCH. It is connected to some other switch instead.
To confirm this, I asked the SONIFY employee what speed their switch supports. He informed me that it is a gigabit switch. I informed him that my laptop negotiated a 100 Mbps link (not a gigabit) - clearly, I am connected to the wrong switch!
At this point, the SONIFY employee on the phone asked us to try another room.
The hotel maintenance guy refused: no free rooms.
Then, the SONIFY employee suggested that they (SONIFY) would send their technician to the hotel and he would take a look at the connection. The hotel employees don't have access to the switches, so it would have to be a SONIFY employee.
The hotel maintenance guy refused to allow that.
I insisted and talked to his boss.
His boss refused too, but told me that their Room Division Director (Isabel Guidobono) would be available tomorrow morning and could authorize that. I was told that the reason for their refusal was: the hotel would need to pay for this.
OK, next morning (Sunday) I came to the front desk and asked for Isabel Guidobono. I was told that she was away and would only be there on Tuesday (long weekend). The shift manager (Elizabeth Middleton) insisted that the hotel cannot authorize SONIFY come and fix it (as SONIFY suggested), because the hotel "has their own IT staff". I told her that their staff already tried, and that the solution is not in their power - the maintenance people don't have access to the switches. She insisted that she had a different staff member today, who would help. OK, I talked to their new maintenance guy - who turned out to be the head of their maintenance. He immediately admitted that he is not an IT guy at all, and the hotel doesn't have IT people. We did try another room though. The Internet in that room wasn't working either - and this time the laptop negotiated a 10 Mbps link with the switch, not even 100 Mbps. Again, the link was on, but no IP address and no Internet. Multiple hotel employees also informed me that nobody really used wired Internet for at least a year - everybody used wireless only. At this point it became completely clear to me - not to them - that the wired Internet had been disconnected for the entire hotel.
I talked again to the shift manager (Elizabeth), she called Isabel Guidobono - and Isabel DID NOT authorize allowing SONIFY come and do repairs.
OK, I waited until Tuesday, May 27 (that had been three days already, long weekend), and came to the front desk to talk to Isabel herself. The sign near the front desk said that the shift manager was Isabel Guidobono today - good news! At last she was here! Or so I thought. When I asked for her - I was told that she had a day off!!! I questioned that, because the sign said, she was the shift manager. I was told that she was still on her day off, even though the sign said she was the shift manager.
I didn't try to come again next day - I can't spend all my vacation looking for this person.
I was on vacation, after all.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Erika L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear montegobay_2011,
We're sorry to hear of the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. It's not clear what may have happened, possibly a miscommunication. This is not a norm in our hotel as we strive to resolve all issues right away.
Thank you for sharing this review and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Ozone Park, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stay at this Hotel because it's convenient to my elderly Mother's home. She has health problems & I stay there every time she is Hospitalized, which has been quite frequently over the last couple of years. The Front Desk staff for the most part, make you feel like any question you ask them is too much trouble. That's not very welcoming & certainly not the norm for a 4 Star Hotel.
One of the Desk Staff, argued with me about a pre-paid room rate that I purchased from Orbitz!
She tried to charge me more!! When I asked to speak with her Supervisor, all of a sudden her tune changed. She never apologized ,though.
The Valets are another sore spot. I was there 1st & a Valet was trying to help me but doing a very bad job of it as it was very busy. I have an older vehicle, not flashy & I am a more dowdy looking middle-aged woman. A Lexus SUV pulls up with 3 very clevage revealing girls in it & the Valet dropped me like a hot potato & literally RAN over to those women & left me standing there, waiting on him! I had to get another Valet to help me & by that time I was sweaty & very aggravated!! UNBELIEVABLE customer service standards!!!!
Now to the MOLDY SHOWER~~ Every time I stay at this Hotel (4 Star, they proclaim) there is someone else s hair & mold in the shower ! Also around the floor boards in the Bathroom .No matter which Room! Does anybody check on the folks who clean the rooms after they are done before letting new Guests in?? They should, but I guess they either don't, or have very poor standards of cleanliness.
Even the Gorgeous Infinity Pool was not as clean as it should have been. Whats going on!!!!!
Well, I guess I'll stop for now. I will be staying again in another week & I'll bet I see the same exact problems all over again. Remember the movie "Groundhog Day"?? It just keeps going on & on & on!!!!
PLEASE, Housekeeping~~~~ Clean the MOLD!

Room Tip: The Ice machine on each floor makes a TERRIBLE sound, if it's working, that is!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear hippieprincess,
Thank you so much for sharing this review with us. We greatly apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us with housekeeping and guest service. These kind of issues are unusual for us and we would like to look into this a bit more. Would you be so kind to email us directly at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com to further discuss your experience? Thank you in advance for your time.
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The hotel is rated as a 4 star but I beg to differ. It's really nothing out of this world. The staff is really nice except for the crabby pool security guard. The breakfast buffet was mediocre but I was glad when my waiter gave me a discount. After staying at the Westin last year, I can say that I will be planning next year back at the Diplomat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Erika L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Vanessa F,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us and we will be sure to discuss your concerns with our management team for improvement.Thank you for your time and we hope to see you in Hollywood soon!
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

upon arrival the hotel staff were amazing and very helpful. The hotel was very clean and in very nice location. The pool was very relaxing. We told the hotel staff what we wanted and they gave us great suggestions on places to eat and places to go. I would stay there again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tasha T,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback with us and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. The employees great you with a smile and service with a smile is their goal. My stay was wonderful. I would stay again and again. My husband and I are planning to return in January so I will be making a reservation soon.

Room Tip: My room was awesome!!!!!!! I had a great view from my balcony. It was nice to sit on the patio in...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Erika L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Alecia D,
Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are pleased to know you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and we greatly appreciate your compliments on our staff services. We look forward to seeing you in January!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We just stayed here over the weekend and purchased our deal on Priceline. The hotel is definitely 4 stars, but the helpful front desk man Jabin F. really went out of his way to make our stay great. We were able to have an awesome room with a great view. The only downside to the room is we were right next to the service elevator, which was loud at times when we were trying to sleep. Aside from that, the hotel was relaxed and easy going. Thanks again Jabin F.! You rock! :)

• Stayed June 2014
Erika L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Nldurant,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback Jabin F's customer service and we'll be sure to recognize him for providing you with such memorable service.
Thank you again for this review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!