“Decent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Orlando, Florida
“Decent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I came to stay last week with my girlfriend, and I must say I had a pretty enjoyable vacation. I enjoyed myself thoroughly, thier were plenty of great things to do in the area. I recommend bringing your vehicle if you want to do things a little out of the area such a south beach or the hard rock. Plus Kevin the bellhop was great, he really went out of his way to make sure me and my girlfriend had a great stay letting us know what thier is in the area as well as assisting with our luggage. Only downside was the hotel was not exactly on the beach as we thought it would be. Beside that stay was decent and I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Thier is an excellent Cuban restaurant located right over the bridge of the hotel, great value for y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Jose V,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your vacation in Hollywood. We're happy that our team members were able to help you have a great experience. Kevin is one of our gems and we'll be sure to commend him for providing you with unforgettable service.
Thank you for providing such great feedback and we hope to see you soon!

1,153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just returned from Miami, stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel it's an amazing hotel.first I checked it out on the bed bug registry and it was clear, there were 5 of us traveling together for a family reunion. We checked in on the 8th of Aug to 13th. We had 3 separate rooms the was very efficient and polite, Elizabeth at the desk was very sweet and efficient, the rooms are clean and modern. The pool area is amazing! I'm usually very fussy as to hotels and resorts I stay in I check them out thoroughly and this one is up there as my fave, will definately be returning. Very family oriented place, I used their gym and had breakfast at their bristo. Took some great pics of the pool area. I can't understand the negative feedback from others there was a big family reunion going on all weekend, great music in the pool area and just a good vibe everyone was having fun in the hot sun watching the boats and swimming. (btw! The pool Water is warm no need to dip ur toe in) will be back soon. Thanks Sharon W. from Montreal, Caada.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Shary S,

Thank you for sharing this lovely review with us!
We are so happy that you and family enjoyed the reunion at our hotel. You were all such lovely people and we are happy to know that we are one of your favorite hotels now. :)
We truly appreciate all of your feedback on our staff services with the special mention of Elizabeth. She is a great member of our team and will certainly get the recognition deserved for providing you all with memorable service. We look forward to seeing you all again real soon. Have a great rest of the summer!
San Diego, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel was nice and was right across the street from the beach. It was a short drive to the downtown area and not too far from Miami. The pool was decent, had a tiki bar. The room was well done, nice bathroom.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Martin Redford H,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We are pleased to know that you and your friends enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you all back to Hollywood real soon!
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here in 2012. Room was a nice size and clean. Average decor. The pool was very nice. It was nice to see the yachts go by on the waterway, but I did miss being on the oceanfront. We tried to get the 1st water taxi of the day. It stops right at the hotel. But since we are the last stop, there was no room for us. We had to wait for the next one. We thought we would like the whole water taxi thing, but in reality it was a big inconvenience. We never did make it to Las Olas. However, on our way back we got to see a momma manatee with 2 babies. Back to the hotel & to the pool for some drinks. Drinks were very good. Restaurant was good too. Buffet breakfast was tasty. I liked that you had the option to park your car yourself. You did have to do valet parking. And while there we had no problem finding a space. All in all, the place is nice & we had a pleassant experience. Nothing that really WOWed us other than the pool. That was pretty spectacular and there were always lounge chairs available. I would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear PWT69,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
It's great to know how much you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry to hear about the incident with the water taxi. That's an unusual scenario since they do not typically run out of space on the boats but seeing those manatees must have been amazing!
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you in the near future.
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had some difficulty when I first tried to sign; although I had made reservation prior to going to the hotel, my name did not come up. I did however, had my reservation number, Finally, AKEELIA, front desk to my rescue. She was able to fix the issue and she changed a frustrated customer to be content and satisfied. She was very patient, professional, and friendly.
Thank you again AKEELIA, you are truly an asset to Crowne Plaza Holly Beach and the company.

Glenford Wright

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Glenn W,

Thank you so much for sharing this review with us.
We are very pleased to know that we were able to find your reservation and appreciate your wonderful feedback of our staff services. Akeelia is certainly one of our gems and she will be recognized for provided you with such memorable service.
Thank you again for your time and look forward to seeing you soon!
Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The front desk personnel are very helpful and room is really very nice. Comfortable bed and really close to the beach. Leave the car parked and catch the trolley wherever you want to go especially to the beach where there is always a lot to watch on the boardwalk and lots to eat and drink. A really merry time and safe. Will be going next month and staying at same property.

Room Tip: Selected a no refund advanced pay room because the cost was at it's cheapest but the room was to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear finote,

We are happy to know you enjoy our hotel and amenities. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you next month!
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is my first ever trip to Florida and so far it's not bad at all. I have been enjoying myself thoroughly.
I especially like the good customer service that I received from Akeelia
at the front desk at the Crowne Plaza in Hollywood Beach Florida. I appreciate the hospitality shown to my family during this reunion we are having here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Alexander_03_2013,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us.
We are so happy to hear that you and your family are enjoying the reunion. We appreciate the great commentary of our staff with the special mention of Akeelia. We will be sure to recognize her for provided you all with memorable customer service. Please let us know if you need during the remainder of your stay. Thank you again for your time.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!