“Bang for the buck!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Miami, Fl
“Bang for the buck!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was located on the intercostal and you have to cross the main road to get to the public beach; not a big deal but day three gets tiresome. The lobby was pleasant and I give a "10" to the valet manager "Omar" who accommodated us with electricity for our electric vehicle and made our trip possible. The rooms are spacious and well suited. The wash room sink and vanity is just outside the bathroom, to our advantage, one of our kids would bathe while the other gets ready.
The only thing that I would bring to light is to expedite the process of getting in the pool by means of the security guard on duty. One last thing, I observed several folks slipping on the slick tiles surrounding the pool (including myself). I would like the hotel to change them (Which is not likely) therefore make sure you take footwear with good thread when heading to the pool area.

• Stayed July 2013
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear XtremeRob,

Thank you for sharing this review with us.
It's a pleasure to know that you and your family enjoyed your vacation. We appreciate all the feedback letting us know where there is room for improvement. We will be sure to review them with our management team and take necessary action. We certainly look forward to seeing you all in the near future. Have a great summer!

1,072 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The pool was family friendly, so much so that my kids did not want to leave for the beach. The service was good, except for the wait staff at the pool. For some reason they never asked if you wanted anything, even with a menu in hand. But the bar staff was more than happy to serve.
The only draw back is that it is not really convenient to get to the Hollywood Broadwalk. The trolley is terrible...at least coming back from the broadwalk. We tried this twice and then tool our car. Which meant searching for parking. and paying twice since we were already paying for parking at the hotel. That was the only drawback to this hotel. But as long as we stayed at the hotel we were very happy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear HelMoreno,

We are so pleased to know you and your family had a great vacation with us.
It sounds like the kids really enjoyed the pool! We're sorry to hear that you were having trouble with the Hollywood Trolley. You are the first to mention this to us and we'll be sure to inform the company. Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us and look forward to seeing you all very soon!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had an opportunity to reside at this location for 5 days! The rooms where spacious and clean! The staff was extremely helpful as I came in from a exciting day of training! Assisting me with local restaurants and the beach across the street! I will return in February 2014 for our Spring/Summer Launch Convention!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Demia,

Wow! We are so happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. See you in February!!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I just spent 4 days at the hotel and the service was great -- from Akeelia at check in to Kevin at the concierge desk who arranged my shuttle to the airport. The restaurant staff was accomodating and yes, the breakfast buffet is a little pricey but they offer a wide selection of breakfast items including omlettes & bacon. Thank you Sandra D at the restaurant -- I needed a wine bottle opener which she graciously supplied along with wine glasses.

The room was large, quite nice and comfortable. The one downside -- I would recommend requesting a room away from the ice machine as it can be a little noisy. The wi-fi was slow but it was free. Otherwise, everything was great and the beach is but a 3-5 minute stroll across the street.

TIP: If you need anything, there's a convenience store next door and there's a super Walmart within walking distrance over the intercoastal. Also, the trolley stops just outside the hotel on the weekends and is great for exploring the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear water baby g,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us.
Thank you for your compliments on our staff services. The special mentions on Akeelia, Kevin and Sandra D will be relayed to their managers so that we ensure they get the recognition deserved for providing you such memorable services. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near the future.
Denver Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this property for 5 days due to a death in the family. I had to work during my stay and the internet service is really lacking; They must have one T1 line for all hotel guests, staff, and rooms. The wireless internet did not work well in my room and the wired internet didnt work at all. I couldn't get any work done and had to use a wireless air card to avoid the Crowne Plaza network.

Hotel room was nice as were the pool and grounds. Location is excellent but the staff is rude and the service is lacking.
Upon checkin, the valet wanted my keys and moved the car around the corner before I checked in and was not able to get my luggage out of the car. He wanted a tip for this.

No bellboy approached me on checkin. After trying to grab the baggage cart, the bellboy gave me the index finger indicating to wait while he was on the computer. Facebook I might add. I tried to get the cart to load my luggage and he stated that HE was the only one allowed to use the baggage cart due to insurance purposes; What a huge lie that was. I have never heard of such a thing and he wants a tip after making me wait for him to finish his web-surfing
Reservations never stated that there was a $17/day parking fee which was waived after we explained the reason for our visit.

Food at the restaurant was below avg. They wanted $18.00 for the breakfast buffet that had no omelets, crepes, or bacon. The holiday Inn has better breakfasts.

I have stayed at Holiday Inns on the way down and the service at the Holiday Inns that we stayed at was exceptional, as was the internet access; I dont know what is happening at the Crowne Plaze but I will try not to stay at this location in the future.

Room Tip: All the rooms have very nice balconies. Do not stay if you need to work using hotels internet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mikestoz,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are sorry to hear of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. This kind of service behavior is not common at our hotel and we will be sure to look into it. Just so you are aware, it is hotel policy that our luggage carts are utilized by employees only for liability issues. We recently upgraded our internet services and unfortunately, during that time frame our services were unusually slow. This might have been the cause to the slow internet connection but again we apologize for the inconvenience. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you in the near future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am currently staying the Crowne Plaza in Hollywood and it in no way is a 4 star property or experience. Everything is very average. There does not seem to be any management on site, as the employees seem to be disengaged. The restaurant is again average and over-priced and the bar is a morgue.

I have spent the majority of my vacation at the Westin down the block because both their sit down and to-go dining options are much better. Their lobby is also inviting and the staff welcoming and well-trained.

It's unfortunate that I spent nearly $1000 to stay at the Crowne Plaza and had the experience that I did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Mark M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We would like to discuss this further and see where there is room for improvement. Please email us directly at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you again for your time.

Management
Clay, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel/rooms were very nice but was most impressed at the friendliness of the staff. When our room did not have two beds as reserved, they moved us to a ocean view room. Staff greeted you and were very helpful from the housekeeping, conceirge, pool staff. I did not realize how far it was from the ocean though and probably would not stay again because of the location. I prefer being on the ocean rather than walking distance to the ocean.

Room Tip: Trolley stop right in front of hotel....$1!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sallyodo,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this great review with us.
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our staff services. We certainly hope that you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in South Florida. Have a great summer!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!